Chasing the Runaway

Unwanted Reunion

With his long legs, Yunho easily caught up with Jaejoong.

"Jaejoong, what's wrong?" He asked as the two of them fell into the same speed.

They had no problem running while having a conversation, years of pulling impossibly high notes and intense dancing had increased their lung capacity to way above average.

"Jaera Noona specifically said that Changmin's body can't take any strainous activity and that includes running. If we don't catch up to him quickly, he'll aggravate his injuries and there is a chance that he'll collapse on himself." Jaejoong explained as he ran, looking left and right for signs of the boy.

Yunho looked behind him and saw Yoochun and Junsu gaining on them.

"We'll split up,"  the leader said loudly, so the two in the back could hear him. His authority as the leader had kicked in.

The three other's instinctively followed their leader's orders, going their separate ways in search of their beloved Maknae.

The search went on for about fifteen minutes, before Yunho and Jaejoong met again at a bend. Jaejoong was as flustered as a mother hen, and Yunho was his practical equal.

"I can't find him," they both said at the same time.

"Well try harder!" They both replied, before parting again.

It would've been funny, had the situation not been so serious.

 

********

"Yah!!" Kyuhyun yelled, as he swiped at his hyung's arm, "You're cheating!"

"Am not," was Kibum's cool english reply.

"Yes you are!" Kyuhyun answered in Korean. No one beat him in Starcraft and got away with it. NO ONE.

The two boys had their heads down, purely focused on their PSPs as they walked along the street, not really concentrating on where they were going.  They frequently compared each other's results, each trying their best to outdo the other, when a tall, lanky boy ran past them at a speed that left the wind in their faces.

They both looked up, wondering who it was that ran so fast and in such a hurried manner this early in the morning.

"Hey, hyung," started Kyuhyun, "Isn't that..."

They both looked at each other, sensing something amiss. They knew who it was.

Instinctively, they gave chase to the running figure, their games momentarily forgotten.

"Something's wrong..." said Kyuhyun, as they rounded another bend just to catch up with the running man.

Changmin was still running in full flight, that boy's energy level was literally amazing. The Maknae didn't stop to look left and right when he crossed a relatively empty street.

Kibum and Kyuhyun finally caught up with him, and were about to cross the road as well, when what they saw made them falter.

In the middle of the road, Changmin slowed down. Kibum was almost thankful he did, but took it back when he saw Changmin wobble for a moment, before totally collapsing.

Right there. In the middle of the road.

Of course, Lady Luck wanted to have a bit of fun, so she sent a speeding lorry (truck if you don't understand) barrelling down the road towards Changmin.

Kyuhyun and Kibum could not believe it. Of all the...

"Shim Changmin!" yelled Kibum, "Get up! Get up and GET THE OUT OF THE TRUCK'S WAY!!"

Changmin seemed to hear the yells, as he struggled to get up. Only to fall back down.

"Something's very wrong..." Kyuhyun murmured.

Without thinking, the both of them dashed across the road.

As if they had rehearsed it many times over, they both grabbed each of Changmin's arm, pulling the boy up with such force that he was actually lifted from the ground. They didn't stop running until they reached the other side of the street, where all three collapsed, adrenaline rush gone, and the fact that they almost died hitting them.

"YAH SHIM CHANGMIN!! Do you know how stupid you were when you did that? You could've died you moron!! If Kyuhyun and I hadn't come to your rescue you would be DEAD!!" Kibum got up and brushed dirt off his ruined shirt.

Changmin was still lying on the grass, curled up in a foetal position.

"Hyung," interrupted Kyuhyun, "I don't think now's the appropiate time..."

Kibum was about to retort something, but stopped when Kyuhyun knelt to look at Changmin's condition.

"Kibum hyung... I think he's unconscious."

Kibum immediately knelt down as well. That's when he noticed it. The bandages. "Why is he wrapped up in so many bandages...?" he whispered, shocked.

Kyuhyun shook his head. "I don't know, but we should bring him back to our dorm for him to recover. We can't just leave him out here."

Kibum shok his head, disagreeing. "No we should bring him to the hospital. There has to be a reason why he suddenly collapsed like that. He'll need medical attention, Kyuhyun."

Kyuhyun shook his head, disagreeing as well. "No! We can't! Sending him to the hospital will only create an unnecessary media frenzy. He'll get in trouble."

"No, Kyuhyun, that's not a good idea. Remember what happened last time when Changmin fell asleep and didn't see Yunho beside him?"

Kyuhyun remembered.  That image of Changmin would probably be stuck in his head all his life.

"And you think bringing him to the hospital with all it's strangers and foreign environment will be better?"

As usual, the two Maknaes of Super Junior could not find anything to agree on. But someone had to give in.

"We'll bring Changmin to the dorm, then we'll call Yunho when Changmin wakes up. Right now, bringing him to our dorm is the best option. Believe me hyung. Trust my judgement."

Kibum rolled his eyes. "The last time you trusted your own judgement, you accidentally revealed to the whole world that you received plastic surgery." he retorted, rolling his eyes. But he still stooped down to carry Changmin bridal style in his arms. "I'll trust you this one time, Kyu. If your judgement proves right, I'll never question it again."

Kyuhyun smiled as Kibum began walking away from him, back to the dorm. He hurried to chase his hyung.

**********

You can imagine the noise made the minute Kyuhyun and Kibum entered their dorm with an unconscious Sunbae in their arms.

"What happened?"

"Is he alright?"

"Yah, what did you do to him?!"

 

Finally, Leeteuk took control of the situation. "Make him rest," was all he said. The noise immediately died down, as the members obeyed their leader.

Leeteuk instructed for Changmin to be placed in Eunhyuk's room, the only room large enough and and with a big enough bed for an unconscious six-foot tall baby. A cold towel was placed on the boy's forehead by a caring Leeteuk, since the boy was developing a fever.

*********

About an hour later, Changmin woke up. Well, to be more honestly speaking, he jolted awake. Screaming. At the top of his lungs. 

The Super Junior members, alerted and concerned, all barged into Eunhyuk's room to check in on him, to make sure he was alright. The sight of so many people entering the already unfamiliar room was too much for the already broken boy to handle.

"Hyung!" He began crying, wrapping his arms around himself, "Hyung, where are you? Hyung!"

Leeteuk sensed the fear and discomfort, and ordered the rest of the members out, leaving Changmin, Kyuhyun and Kibum inside. The latter two were the closest to Changmin, so Leeteuk trusted that they would know what to do.

"Hey, hey..." soothed Kyuhyun, as he gently Changmin's hair, trying to calm him down. "It's okay Changmin, it's okay. You're in our dorm. Super Junior's dorm. Are you alright? Do you remember what happened to you?"

Changmin shook his head, his crying making it difficult to speak. He was scared. It was evident by the way he was shaking in fear. Kyuhyun came closer and made CHangmin lean against his chest. 

"It's alright..." he comforted, "I'm here. I'm not leaving you."

Changmin stiffened at the familiar words. He knew Yunho used to do this to him whenever he felt lonely. Unwittingly, Changmin had gripped Kyuhyun's shirt into his fist, as Kyuhyun slowly moved his hand up and down Changmin's back, trying to make him relax.

"Changmin? What happened?" asked Kibum as he sat down on the edge of the bed next to him, and slowly the boy's head, "You can tell us. It'll be okay? We'll be here for you okay? We promise?"

Again, Changmin heard the familiar words. And he just couldn't take it anymore. He burst into tears. He sobbed into Kyuhyun's shirt, sobs racking him again, just like before. And just like before, he was comforted with a gentle hug, as he was rocked back and forth, albeit by a different person.

Kibum had frozen in shock. What had happened to Changmin that left him like this? he wondered.

After some time, the sobs died down, and soon stopped completely. Kyuhyun and Kibum both knew that he had fallen asleep. Gently, Kyuhyun lay him back down, and covered his steaming hot (as in temperature -.-) body with a Eunhyuk's blanket. Even in his sleep, he did not look at peace. His eyebrows were knitted in pain, his lips were downcast into a frown, and his tear stains still lay fresh on his face. Kyuhyun swept the bangs of the sleeping boy's eyes. Water paster to Changmin's forehead, as Kyuhyun took the wet towel off his forehead.

"Hyung, I need to leave for a performance soon. And since you're free can I just ask you to watch him while I'm gone?" Kyuhyun asked Kibum.

Kibum nodded. He was still not participating in Super Junior's activities. His drive was now more towards acting, so he chose to  temporarily exempt himself from the musical promotions to focus on his current passion.

Kyuhyun and the rest of the Super Junior members left about fifteen minutes later. They were alone. Just him and Changmin. Kibum placed a hand on Changmin's forehead, only to find that his fever was still high. He ran his eyes along the length of Changmin's body. Taking in the bruises not so well hidden under the jacket, the arm sling and finally, casting his eyes on the sleeping face. He had never seen a face so scared, Something had happened and it greatly pissed him off that he had no idea what it was.

Changmin woke up about two hours later. Kibum had not moved from his position, he was still sitting on the edge of the bed, silently staring at Changmin.

"Hyung," Changmin said sleepily, as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"Hey," Kibum smiled in answer, He reached over, gently brushing the scared youngster's hair. "How are you feeling? Better?"

Changmin pouted unintentionally. "My legs hurt," he said.

Kibum laughed softly. "Want me to give them a massage?"

Changmin shook his head. "The doctor said I shouldn't touch them. They'll heal on their..." Changmin left his sentence hanging, relalising what he had just spilled out a bit too late.

He looked up to see Kibum's widened eyes. He had used the D word.

Gently, Kibum placed both his hands on either side of Changmin's face. Changmin flinched at the touch. Kibum's hands had always been ice cold.

"Tell me..." he coaxed, "What happened? Are you alright?"

Changmin nodded, looking away from him. "It's just that I ran... after I had a fight. I was tired."

"I meant before that. Why are you covered in so many bandages?"

Changmin racked his brain, putting his lying skills to the test. "I ran into a fight with someone. He beat me up, and i went to get treated at the hospital. And when I went home, someone upset me, so I ran. I forgot about my injuries. And after a while, the pain became too much for me and I fell." Changmin explained. He didn't feel like lying, especially not to Kibum, so he decided to settle with the almost-truth. It wasn't really a lie was it?

Kibum nodded, sensing the truth in the younger boy's words, before he ruffled Changmin's hair and stood up. Changmin grabbed on to his shirt a little too quickly.

"Where are you going?"

Kibum turned around. "I'm gonna go get you some medicine for your fever."

Changmin shook his head a little too violently. "No no no. I feel fine. Just stay with me. Don't leave me alone."

Kibum looked at him peculiarly, but didn't ask any questions. He came to lie down beside Changmin, and the younger boy gladly snuggled up to him, lying his head on his chest. Kibum placed an arm around Changmin and squeezed him affectionately in response. 

Unfortunately, he was not aware of Changmin's cracked ribs. In his one armed hug, he had unintentionally squeezed Changmin's ribs. Changmin's cracked ribs.

Changmin's screamed in pain, and a shocked Kibum quickly rolled off the bed.

At the moment Changmin had screamed, the Super Junior members had just returned home. 

Kyuhyun, Donghae and Leeteuk burst into the room.

"What happened?" Leeteuk asked as he saw the curled up Changmin, hugging his chest and cryng

"YAH!" yelled Donghae, defensive as ever, "What did you do to him?!"

Before Kibum could even open his mouth, an angry Kyuhyun roughly pushed him away, as he came and wrapped Changmin in a gentle hug.

"I didn't..." started Kibum.

He was silenced by the look Kyuhyun gave him. 

"Get out." The SJ Maknae ordered.

"But--"

"GET OUT!!"

The fact that Kyuhyun had raised his voice at his own hyung should have warned him enough, and Kibum got up to quickly slip oyt, but not before casting a very concerned glance at CHangmin.

"There there..." comforted Leeteuk, Changmin's cheek caringly, "He's gone now okay? He won't hurt you."

Changmin wanted to say that it wasn't Kibum's fault, that it was just an accident, but the intense pain kept him from talking. Changmin reached out his hand and grabbed Leeteuk's shirt.

"Changmin? You want to go home, don't you? You want me to call Yunho to ask him to pick you up?"

Changmin nodded weakly in reply, as the tears still fell. "Home," he managed to say, "Now."

Leeteuk nodded. "Okay, Changmin. I'll call him now, alright?"

Leeteuk took out his phone and dialed Yunho's number. The voice on the other line was loud enough to pick up, even though all they could hear was muffled shouting.

"Hi Yunho," Leeteuk said coolly, putting the phone a safe distance away from his ear, "It's Leeteuk. Changmin" What? I was gonna tell you. Changmin's at my dorm. Yeah, he's okay. He's got e fever though. No no. It's fine. Yes, you can pick him up now if you want. Alright. Okay, you're welcome. Bye."

Leeteuk put the phone down and looked at Changmin, smiling gently, before asking. "Changmin did you run away from home again?"

Changmin nodded, albeit reluctantly, hugging Kyuhyun's chest tightly as he looked up at Leeteuk with puppy dog eyes.

Leeteuk came and ruffled Changmin's hair. "Yunho was so worried about you, you know that? You shouldn't do this anymore, alright Changmin? YOu'll drive him mad. You love Yunho don't you? If you love him, you'll listen to him okay?"

Changmin nodded in understanding, puppy dog eyes still in full action.

Kyuhyun was about to say something when they heard the doorbell ring. Several times. Consecutively.

"Yunho? What are you doing here?" Sungmin's voice.

"WHere is he?!" Yunho yelled, making Changmin flinch and tighten his hug on Kyuhyun.

"What? WHo? Calm down Yunho!!" Shindong's voice.

"Where's Changmin?!"

"Yunho, calm down. You'll frighten him." Siwon's voice, so calm and reassuring.

It didn't work for once.

"CHANGMIN!" Yunho started yelling, "Changmin!"

"Yunho, stop it!" yelled Leeteuk as he opned the door a crack to peek his head out and yell. "He's in here."

Yunho practicaly broke the door down as he entered the room.

Changmin, scared, began to tear up when he saw Yunho enter in such a state.

"Hyung..." he whimpered.

Yunho ran to him, and landed softly on the bed in front of Changmin. Kyuhyun had predicted Changmin's reaction, and held him tighter.

"Changmin ah... Where did you go? We were so worried about you, you know that? PLease don't do that ever again, understand me? If you're mad, let it out. If you need to cry, let it out. If you want or need anything, just tell hyung. I'll try my best to get it no matter what. But please. Don't do this okay? Don't run away ever again okay?"

Changmin nodded, as more tears ran down his cheeks. Yunho raised a hand to wipe the tears away, and for once, Changmin did not flinch at the contact.

"Changmin?" Yunho asked, "Do you want to go home now?"

Changmin nodded, and reached over to wrap his good arm around Yunho's neck. Yunho supported his back and lifted his legs of the ground. Carrying Changmin bridal style, he stood up and looked at Kyuhyun, Leeteuk and Donghae. 

"Thank you so much for taking care of him. I owe you alot."

He tried to bow in thanks, but couldn't risk harming Changmin. So he just nodded at evryone as he left the dorm.

They walked out and stood in the front of the elevator.

"Min?"

"Mm?"

"Could you please press the elevator button for me? My hands are kinda full, so..."

By the time they reached the ground floor, Changmin was asleep once more. He didn't get to see s waiting for him at the carpark as he was given to Yoochun. 

 

==================================

 

Haha I made Super Junior a cameo appearance~~ I don't know if they're gonna appear again though~~

OH!!! And I made a new fanfic!! Check it out please and give me your thoughts on it. Please subscribe to my other fanfic as well 

 

the title is LOVE? HATE? DEATH.