Rescue

Unwanted Reunion

'CHANGMIN!'

Changmin looked up at his name being called, his eyes full of fear and despair. One could almost see the painful relief in them when he saw Junsu.

Junsu came running to him, skipping almost gracefully over the wasted rice and wrapped him in a protective hug. Changmin reacted almost immediately, latching both hands on to the back of Junsu's shoulders desperately, as if he craved the contact. As if he was afraid Junsu would disappear if he didn't hold on tightly enough.

'H-hyung...' he whimpered. 'J-junsu hyung...'

Junsu could feel him shaking. Shivering, in fact. He held him closer. Tighter. He didn't want to feel him shiver.

'Sorry, Changmin.' he whispered, rubbing his hand up and down Changmin's back, in a bid to calm him down.

Changmin only latched on tighter, as he now brought his arms up to wrap it around Junsu's neck, burying his head in Junsu's shoulder.

'Hey... Calm down okay? Calm down. Its alright. Everything's gonna be okay. I'm here. I'm right here.'

Changmin was trying to calm himself down by taking deep shuddering breathes.

Its okay. Junsu hyung's here. Everything's going to be okay.

Junsu parted from the hug to look at Changmin.

The fear in his eyes was still there, though it had died down considerably. Still, the younger boy held on to Junsu's sleeve tightly.

'Changmin, go wait in my car, okay? I need to talk with Yunho hyung. Go and wait inside okay? Start the engine if you want to. I'll be out soon.' Junsu held out his car key, intending for Changmin to take it.

Changmin barely glanced at it when he began shaking his head violently.

No. No. He had to be with Junsu hyung. He couldn't be alone.

Irrational fears started building in Changmin's already disturbed mind.

No no no. He couldn't be alone.

'Okay, okay,' Junsu said, holding on to Changmin's head in an attempt to calm the freaked boy down. 'You can stay with me. I'm going out. Why don't you go to your room and get dressed? I'll be right outside with Yunho hyung. Go bathe and get dressed. I'll wait for you.'

Changmin looked up at his hyung unsteadily. 'Promise you won't go away?' He asked.

Junsu couldn't help but stare. His Maknae seemed so... Weak. So desperate. So... Pathetic.

Junsu nodded. 'I'll be right outside.'

He helped the younger boy get up and led him to his room.

The house was built in such a way that Changmin's room and the kitchen were right by each other, connected by a long hallway. Junsu could talk comfortably with Yunho in the living room without Changmin walking past them.

One good thing about the house.

Weird architecture though.

Junsu closed the door to Changmin's room, and came to Yunho, who was still sitting dazed on the living room floor.

'Yunho hyung...?' Junsu prodded him softly.

Yunho didn't respond. Junsu knew his mind was currently elsewhere, and no amount of shaking or calling could break him away from it.

Junsu sat beside him on the floor, placing his arm over Yunho's shoulders, pulling him closer for Yunho to lean against him. Yunho complied, though he still didn't say anything.

Junsu stayed quiet, proceeding to wait for Yunho to snap out of it himself.

It took some time, but he finally did.

Junsu could tell by the sigh Yunho gave. His deep thinking always ended with a sigh.

Yunho relaxed in the hug, though he didn't hug Junsu back.

'Yunho hyung?'

'.... Yeah?'

'Just... Give him time, okay? He's been through a lot. But he'll become who he used to be soon.'

Junsu purposefully avoided giving 'him' a name. Yunho was in pain too. Saying 'his' name would only bring more pain to the already suffering leader.

'And if he doesn't...?' Yunho asked softly.

Junsu constricted his arm, bringing Yunho closer. 'He will,' he answered confidently.

He felt Yunho nearly deflate. ' This is all my fault.' The leader said.

Junsu stayed quiet. It really was his fault, no one could deny it. But the blame was to be shared among all five of them, not taken as one whole by their leader.

In a way, all five of them were at fault. But the one who beat Changmin, who made him afraid of his own leader, was undoubtedly Yunho. No one could argue with that.

But Junsu knew their current blame game would get them nowhere. He decided to change topics.

'He's a strong boy. He'll get better with time. And so will you.'

Yunho stayed silent for a while. 'But... What's wrong with me?'

Again, Junsu stayed quiet. He shouldn't have said that, he realised. 'Nothing that we can't cure.' He said a bit too late.

He wasn't sure what he said was the truth or not. And frankly, he didn't care. He was going to die if Yunho had that face on him any longer. All he needed to do was make the leader feel better.

He needed to make him feel better.

Yunho stayed quiet.

Cure...?

If there was a need to cure, that meant something was wrong.

I mean, what is there to cure if there's nothing wrong?

Yunho stayed quiet again.

Junsu jumped when Duet (Toho2shinki) sounded suddenly out of nowhere. He looked around wildly, before realising that it was actually his phone ringing. He dug it out from his pocket, looking at the caller ID. It was Jaejoong hyung.

He needed to take the call.

'Yunho hyung...? I need to take the call. Is that okay with you?'

Yunho nodded mechanically.

'I'll be in the kitchen if you need me okay? Why don't you go rest in your room? Or on the sofa if you're too tired?'

Again Yunho nodded, not moving from his spot. Junsu sighed internally, but got up and went to the kitchen to take the call.

'Hyung...?'

'Junsu. Where are you?' Jaejoong sounded panicked. Even sort of angry.

'Hyung...' Junsu lamented.

He heard Jaejoong sigh on the other end. 'Right. Sorry, Junsu. Where are you right now?'

'Mm... Yunho's house.'

'What time did you reach the place?'

Junsu bit his lip nervously.

'Junsu...'

'Umm... Twenty minutes ago...?'

He heard Jaejoong hiss on the other line, trying to contain his anger.

It was always like that. No matter how badly Junsu messed up, or how badly the Soulmate couple fought, Jaejoong could almost never raise his voice at Junsu. Junsu was just too nice, too happy-go -lucky, too bubbly to be yelled at or to fight with.

On the other line, Jaejoong face-palmed himself.

'What took you so long?'

'Umm... I slept through your message.'

'Junsu your ringtone is loud enough to wake the dead.'

Junsu whined. He was always the worst liar. 'Sorry hyung~ But I was kinda sleepy so I ignored the text...'

Junsu pouted to himself. Jaejoong hyung would be disappointed in him...

Again, Jaejoong sighed and face-palmed himself yet again. To trust idiots...

Makes you an idiot as well.

'Alright Junsu... Have you had any breakfast yet?'

Junsu shook his head sadly. 'Ani...'

'Don't forget to eat then. Make sure the two of them eat as well. How's Yoochun?'

'Umm... He seems to be okay. I've explained the current situation to him. He didn't say anything about it, only that he was coming back or something like that.'

'Really now?' Jaejoong said, amusement in his voice. ' You made a smart choice, going after him. Of course he would listen to you...'

Junsu pouted. 'What's that supposed to mean?' He whined.

Jaejoong's chime-like laughter filled the line. Junsu stayed quiet, a smile playing on his lips. He always loved hearing Jaejoong's laughter.

'Nothing, Suie yah...'

'Why are you with Lee Soo Man anyway, hyung?'

'Hmm... Stuff to discuss...'

'Oh. I see.' Junsu knew when to leave Jaejoong be. And now was one of those times. 'Oh hyung, I'm bringing Changmin out. Is that okay with you?'

Again, Jaejoong laughed. 'I may be older than you, Junsu, but that doesn't mean you have to ask my permission on anything you want to do. Of course its fine to take Changmin out. But make sure to bring his medicine bag along.'

'Mm! Okay!'

'Junsu?'

'Ne?'

'Have Yoochun look after Yunho of you're thinking of going only with Changmin.'

'Huh? But hyung~ You know Yoochun is currently not on the best of--'

'I don't care, Junsu. Someone has to take care of Yunho while you're gone.'

Junsu pouted. 'Fine...'

'Okay then. Have fun.'

'Mm! I will.'

Junsu hung up. He bit his lip, tapping his phone gently against his chin as he considered his options.
He could just leave Yunho here alone and run off.

No... He was too nice for that. How could he leave his leader alone while he went out and had fun with Changmin?

No...

He could bring Yunho out with him as well. But... The main point of bringing Changmin out was to get him away from Yunho. Bringing Yunho along would just be pointless right?

Right...

Or... He could just call Yoochun and beg him to look after Yunho...

Junsu sighed, making a cute puffer fish face as he blew his cheeks up with air. He really did have to ask Yoochun for help.

He called Yoochun. At around the fifteenth ring, a grouchy Yoochun picked up.

'Hello?' Yoochun sounded like he had just woken up. Or rather, was forced awake.

'Chunnie~' cooed Junsu, starting his sweet talking at once.

'Oh. Junsu. And you woke me up from my sleep because...?'

Junsu pouted. Was he that obvious?

'Yoochun can you come over now to look after Yunho while I bring Changmin out?' Junsu made sure his voice dripped with aegyo. 'Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase......?'

Yoochun groaned. 'Who else is there?'

'Um... No one...'

'....'

'Yoochun?'

'Just me and Yunho?'

'Um... Yes...?'

'Junsu, you realise I'm not on--'

'Oh please please please Yoochun! I told Jaejoong I wanted to bring Changmin out and he told me to ask you to look after Yunho since you're free and I know you're not on good terms with him but he's your leader so its like the least you can do for him and anyway he's sick so I don't feel good leaving him alone and anyway living him and Changmin together is bad because you already know what happened and and and--'

'ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ENOUGH ENOUGH!!'

'.... so... This means you're coming right?'

'... I guess so...'

'Yay! Thank you CHUNNIE! I love you~ Mmmuah!'

Yoochun laughed gently on the other line. 'How in the world you can be so cheerful so early in the morning I will never understand...' He mumbled as he hung up.

Junsu pocketed his phone still grinning.

He skipped out of the kitchen, still hyper and saw Yunho sitting on the sofa, a faraway look in his eyes.

If happiness was visible, then Junsu's just deflated like a balloon.

He hated seeing anyone sad. It was in his nature to make people happy, to make people smile. Seeing anyone down brought him down as well.

The sound of footsteps coming from behind him made him turn around. Changmin was standing behind him, dressed in a simple pair of black jeans, matching cap, blue checkered shirt, red jacket with the hoodie up and a surgical mask on his face. He had a tired look in his eyes, his hair still dripping wet from the bath.

Junsu raised an eyebrow.'Are we going to rob a bank or something?'

Changmin blinked blankly at him. 'Cold,' he explained, rubbing at his tired eyes.

Junsu came and pulled the hoodie down, taking off the cap as well. 'You'll get even colder going out with dripping wet hair. And why are your bandages wet as well? Did you bathe in them as well?'

Changmin nodded mechanically. 'There was no one to help me take them off.'

Junsu blinked. 'Oh. Sorry. Why didn't you call for me?'

'You said you had to talk to Yunho hyung so I didn't want to disturb...'

Junsu softened at the explanation. So cute~ >.<

'Get back in the room. I'll help you change the bandages.'

Changmin blinked at him. 'You don't have instructions from Jaera noona nim...'

'Nonsense. I can always call.'

 


Surprisingly, although Changmin expected him to fail and he himself coming out to look like a mummy gone wrong, Junsu did a pretty decent job. He had applied all the ointments correctly and wrapped the bandages around Changmin's wounded areas neatly and properly. Jaera had instructed him on how to do them via video call, and even she had to admit he did a pretty good job for someone doing it for the first time.

Changmin smiled weakly as Junsu smiled smugly at his work.

'Nice job, hyung.' He complimented softly.

Junsu's grin faltered as he placed his hand on Changmin's forehead. 'Are you still having a fever, Minnie yah?' His eyebrows knotted in concern as he brushed the bangs aside.

'A bit...' Changmin admitted.

'Are you still up to going out with me? I'll willingly cancel if you're still not feeling well.'

Changmin shook his head. He was actually looking forward to spending the day with Junsu. He had missed three years of fooling around with him.

He needed some catching up to do.

Junsu grinned at Changmin's refusal. 'Let's go then!'

They passed by Yunho on the living room couch, who was already asleep.

Junsu held on to Changmin's hand as they tiptoed past. He peered behind him to place his finger cheekily on his lips, indicating they should be quiet. Changmin smiled wearily in return.

They reached the car, where Junsu opened the door for Changmin. The younger boy slid in shotgun, as Junsu revved the engine.

************

Yoochun groaned loudly as he untangled himself from the duvet wrapped around his legs. He was in no mood to meet with anyone. He'd rather spend the whole day in bed. Asleep.

But... He had a task at hand. And liked it or not, he had to fulfil it.

And anyway, if Junsu was correct, which he undoubtedly was, then Yunho was in no condition to be alone at home.

Even if he was still mad at Yunho, he would never go that far to express his anger. He would never let Yunho suffer like that.

Being alone was painful.

Being alone when you were mentally unstable must be torture.

Yoochun frowned to himself. Was this... Pity he was feeling? For Yunho?

Yoochun shook the feeling off. Now was not the time for such childish thoughts. He needed to get ready.

He rolled around on the bed, stretching lazily. He yawned as he got up, and almost immediately fell face first on to the floor, tripping on a stray pillow which he had probably kicked to the floor in his sleep.

He growled. Every single time!

He peeled himself off the floor, groaning loudly, and made his way to his bathroom. He could take his time, right?

It's not like he was in any rush or anything...

He really did take his time. By the time he was ready, it was nearly noon. He scratched his head, messing his hair up.

It didn't matter... He was on his way.

********************

Yunho blinked his eyes open. He sat up, looking around him. He realised that he was alone at home.

That was a first.

It had been sometime since he had had the experience of being alone at home without Changmin. It was weird.

In the past, before the breakup, Changmin would almost always be cooped up comfortably in his room, comfortable with his hyungs, but still wanting his privacy. There were the times when he acted as the Maknae accordingly, demanding attention from his hyungs, but he was still independent, mature.

Then when the breakup happened, it seemed that that Changmin disappeared. Changmin began sticking with his leader no matter what, following him through both his schedules and personal life, seeming to never let Yunho out of his sight.

And now, after what had happened... After 'that' incident, it seemed Changmin had changed yet again. It was like he had shrunk even deeper into his shell, not wanting to let anyone in, yet not wanting anyone to leave either.

It was confusing. It was tiring.

It was all his fault. All Yunho's fault.

What kind of leader was he?

How could he do that? He didn't deserve to be the leader anymore. Heck he didn't even deserve to be around him, around Changmin.

Maybe he should leave as well.

Leave TVXQ. Maybe in that way Changmin would be safer.

But.... Despite everything, Yunho knew he couldn't.

He couldn't leave TVXQ. He couldn't let the name TVXQ disappear and be forgotten. He couldn't let Changmin face all this alone.

What a paradox.

He brought his legs up to the sofa and folded them towards his chest, wrapping his arms around his legs.

The front door opened, and Yunho looked up, expecting to see Jaejoong, or even his manager to pick him up and tell him he had a schedule.

He did not, however, expect Yoochun, undoubtedly the last person he wanted to see right now.

============================

 

Next Chappie will have Yoochun trying to patch things up with Yunho, in his.... Chunnie-like ways.....

A lot of you have been looking forward to it, right?

Heheh~ Well, it's coming soon~~