Chapter 8

Two Guys, One Girl

“Seohyun ah, have you thought about it?” Jessica said as she placed herself beside the maknae on the sofa at their living room. Seohyun smiled and shifted to give Jessica some space, while merely shaking her head.

“Can I just reject them both?” Seohyun said and laughed. Although it sounded like a joke, they both knew that she was partially serious about it.

“Sure, and when you finally like either of them in a million years’ time, go ahead to confess and I’m sure they’ll still be here,” Jessica played along and pinched Seohyun’s nose.

“Yahh unnie,” she lightly nudged the elder girl and laughed a little.

“After all, it’s easy to fall in love with our precious maknae but difficult to fall out of love with you~” Jessica continued teasing. They both laughed. “Whoever it’s gonna be, I don’t really care, so long as you’re happy… Although I would totally be on Kyuhyun oppa’s side though,” Jessica added.

“Yeah I agree!” Sunny said and plopped herself down beside Jessica, and reached out for the remote control stranded on the floor to on the television.

“Unnie, why are you watching television now? It’s so late,” Seohyun chided and the elder girls laughed.

“You can go and sleep if you want then,” Sunny replied, and sure enough she did go prepare to turn in. Taeyeon, Yuri and Hyoyeon followed suit, and the rest continued with what they were doing in the living room- mostly their daily habits after each day, such as Sooyoung and Yoona having midnight snacks.

Yuri dragged Hyoyeon into her room, leaving Hyoyeon confused.

“What on earth do you want?” Hyoyeon asked, puzzled.

“Do you remember when I’ve kept Seohyun’s phone under my bed for some time?” Yuri asked, sitting down on her bed.

“Yeah, but under your bed?” Hyoyeon gasped. “Seriously Yul, how stupid can you get?” Hyoyeon started to chuckle.

“Keep quiet!” Yuri snapped back, annoyed. “It’s not like I’ve got anywhere else to keep it!” Yuri heaved an irritated sigh. “Well I returned it to her because nothing was happening, but I realised her situation’s getting worse. Could you check on her, as a roommate?”

Hyoyeon pondered, before nodding her head. “She sure seems worse, although she had been trying really hard to put on a strong front during their TaeTiSeo promotions, but now that's over, and she seems so empty,” she added. “Can’t you just ask her openly? Why are you so secretive about this?” Hyoyeon was getting curious.

“I’m not sure either, but it seems like she’s also pretending to be strong in front of us, her very own unnies,” Yuri reasoned. “Either way, just keep a lookout on her since you’re her roommate!”

Hyoyeon nodded her head and walked out of the room back to her own, surprised to see Seohyun sitting on her bed while staring at her mobile phone, as if she was frozen. Hyoyeon slowly approached Seohyun, and as she managed to get a closer look, she was shocked to notice that there were tears flowing down from her eyes.

Immediately she panicked and began looking around for a tissue paper, alerting Seohyun in the process. She hurried to the living room, and back with a tissue paper in her hand, before passing it to Seohyun and trying her best to comfort Seohyun and stop her from crying even more.

After the tears have finally stopped, Hyoyeon nervously asked Seohyun about what was going on. She was shocked to see more tears flowing, which brought her to a state whereby she didn’t know what was good for Seohyun, therefore fleeing to the living room where Tiffany, Sunny and Jessica was.

Hyoyeon quickly grabbed Tiffany by the hand and successfully dragged her into her room despite Tiffany’s constant complaints. Tiffany was starting to get annoyed but as she entered the room and saw Seohyun seated on her bed, she at once understood and sat beside Seohyun with a hand Seohyun’s back understandingly.

“Come on Seobaby, we’re here for you,” Tiffany said in concern and flashed a small smile, “we can help you.”

Seohyun slowly nodded her head and wiped her tears off. She swallowed, and started, “Yonghwa asked me to meet him. I refused, but he kept messaging me and I didn't know what to reply so I didn't. And finally he sent this last message," Seohyun stopped to release a sob, "he didn't send anymore after that."

Hyoyeon, too, sat down beside Seohyun, full of concern about the youngest. "You didn't do anything wrong Seobaby, don't blame yourself," Hyoyeon said, looking at Seohyun tenderly.

"But I'm not sure, just look at this," Seohyun said, forcing her mobile phone at them. Hyoyeon and Tiffany were shocked, and were beginning to understand why Seohyun was overwhelmed by his text. They started comforting her by saying it was not her fault, for she did not mean to hurt Yonghwa. She never meant to hurt anyone, and she would never, that was what the elder girls believed. But Seohyun did feel like she had hurt Yonghwa unintentionally thus feeling remorseful, knowing that she didn't mean it.

For what the last message stated was, "It's okay if you don't love me, but I love you and the only thing I'd ask for is for you to be happy."


This is a little longer than usual, hehe to make up for the long unexpected hiatus haha. There's so much drama going on it's difficult to resolve huehue >< anyway Happy New Year! (Belated hehe.)