Chapter 7

Two Guys, One Girl

The girls walked back into their dorms, lethargic and almost lifeless after a tiring day of practising. It was not long before all nine were done washing up and the lights were out for turning in after the long day.

Almost everyone fell asleep immediately once they rested their heads on their pillows, while Taeyeon on the other hand, tossed and turned for many times yet could not find herself feeling sleepy at all. Sure she wanted a rest from all the ruckus that was going on in her life, but they were too many things on her mind preventing her from getting any sleep.

After a few moments Taeyeon came out to the living room again and seated herself at the dining table. She started zoning out with a mug of water in her hands. She was gripping it tightly, and unknowingly, tears started falling from her eyes.

She missed the times she had spent with Leeteuk. Part of her wanted to go back to Leeteuk, although on the other hand, she knew she could never go back to being with him. Seeing how he was happy shooting WGM, she had given up all hope of getting back together with him. Leeteuk seemed to be satisfied with this, and hence she urged herself to think that she should move on.

The other part of her wanted to move on, but it wasn't very easy with the lingering feelings and memories always popping up in her mind every time she was kept unoccupied, especially when she was trying to sleep.

Another thing that was bothering her was about Kangta courting her. She knew, that she had had feelings for him, but that was a very long time ago. That he was trying to be with her and she felt nothing, it was making her frustrated. She didn't want to see Kangta sad; she didn't want to cause him to be sad.

She thought that it's not as if she's Seohyun, the maknae, who can share her problems with the rest. She didn't want to trouble her members as the leader. She didn't want to trouble BoA even more who was already in her own crisis, and was utterly guilty for dragging her into this. It was her fault for seeking help from BoA which caused BoA problems for her already almost-perfect love life with Yunho. For then, she was by herself.

Taeyeon was stuttered as her thread of thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of her mobile phone. She glanced down at her mobile phone and was alarmed to see that it was BoA.

“I broke up with him,” she could hear the older choking between her sobs, and her heart began aching, hit by a pang of guilt knowing that it was her who started all their troubles.

“Unnie, I’m sorry,” Taeyeon finally muttered after a long while of listening to BoA’s sobs. She finally apologised.

“No Taeyeon, it isn’t your fault- it was me who was too careless-”

“Unnie, I’m really sorry,” Taeyeon’s voice was beginning to crack as tears threatened to fall from her eyes. “I turned to you for help, forgetting about how all these problems could happen.” Taeyeon blinked, and tears began to fall.

BoA shooked her head. She sobbed her heart out, before saying how it wasn’t Taeyeon’s fault. Soon, it began to be her turn to apologise. “Taeyeon I’m so sorry, for coming in with another problem. I tried to help but all I’ve done was just making things worse- I’m sorry, Taeyeon,” BoA was filled with remorse and sorrow. “I’m sorry Taeyeon, I just don’t know what to do now…”


I know I've said that I would try to finish this fic before the year ends, but because I forgot about it and because of laziness and procrastination I don't think I can do so... I'll try to complete this nevertheless! Updates might come slow/irregularly tho.