Chapter 5

Two Guys, One Girl

It had been a month since the confession. One month. That was why Taeyeon had decided not to be cruel to let Kangta await for too long a time.

However, she hadn’t really made up her mind. Every time she tried to decide, her feelings waver and she'd fall into another dilemma yet again, although each time, the decision would be to agree to accept Kangta's confession.

She had phoned Kangta to meet him at the company building while both of them had their respective schedules that day. She was not going to accept him yet, nor was she going to reject him.

So that's why, right then, she needed help. As such, BoA had come along with Taeyeon. She didn't mind the fact the she didn't have any schedules, but at the same time she wanted to come, for some reason or another.

And so Taeyeon had observed, BoA used to be like her. Both of them used to have infatuations for the same guy, both of them who used to crush on Kangta have actually moved on to their own new relationships after getting over it. But now, while Taeyeon has ended hers, Kangta comes in as a problem again.

Because of this problem, both of them would have something got to do with him. It'll bring back those past feelings; both of them were sure of it.

Taeyeon was well prepared, because it was her Kangta was confessing to. But BoA, who failed to think twice before trying to help Taeyeon, was starting to doubt her own feelings for Yunho already.

Taeyeon had known it. She had to be careful. She didn't want to hurt BoA, or her relationship. Her love life was now perfect with Yunho; they were the couple that anyone could've ever dreamed of. But because of her, she have actually hurt that relationship and actually brought back BoA's past feelings for Kangta due to the interactions, along with herself.

Yunho's absence had also been taking its effect on BoA. Lately she'd be lonely, and mainly latched onto Kangta as a source of comfort or, most of the time, as a company. But when she's left alone at home, depression would come along with the loneliness: the loneliness was extreme as compared to usually when she was alone- her heart needed love.

And so as Taeyeon asked, "Unnie, you've fallen in love for Chilhyun oppa, haven't you?" her heart began to break.

Because it was all too clear to them: the answer was a yes.

"You're here already," Kangta said as he walked towards the two girls.

BoA gasped silently and the girls looked at each other, wondering if Kangta had heard Taeyeon.

"When did you arrive?" Taeyeon found her voice and asked.

"Just a minute ago when I walked here?" he answered with confusion in his voice. BoA sighed in relief, which made Kangta even more confused. "What happened here?" Kangta asked.

Taeyeon answered and smiled, "Nothing."

"Yeah, just don't mind me," BoA sheepishly said and turned away awkwardly.

"Oppa, I'm sorry," Taeyeon began, "I can't give you an answer," she paused.

"It's alright Taeyeon, I told you I'd wait," Kangta was patient.

"No, as in," Taeyeon halted in search for words, "I can't answer you yet. Not now, not anytime soon," she said firmly. "Oppa, I'm really sorry."

She was waiting for Leeteuk; one final chance and that's it.

“You shouldn’t wait. You could probably go find someone better, someone who loves you-” Taeyeon stopped when she remembered the presence of BoA at the scene.

“No Taeyeon, like I said, even if I have to wait forever, I’ll love no one else but you and I’ll still be waiting.”

BoA resisted the urge to sob when she heard Kangta's loving voice for Taeyeon. BoA had realised it: he only talked this way to Taeyeon. And the way he looked so lovingly at Taeyeon was breaking her heart even further- she didn’t even know why it had that effect on her.

When Kangta had left, the first thing she did was to make a run for the washroom, where she stood in front of the mirror and cried to no end, even when Taeyeon tried her best to comfort her. She had fallen for Kangta again, even while having Yunho to love.


I'll try my best to update every 2-3 days. And I'll try my best to finish it this year, or latest January next year. And after that you can expect new fics! Tell you more about the new fics later. But for now, I'll try to focus on completing this as well as other oneshots for Christmas (I have quite a few lmao) haha!