Chapter 2

Two Guys, One Girl

“Yeoboseyo?"

"BoA, it's me," Kangta said, smiling. "You free for a drink some time?”

“Well I’m free tonight since Yunho isn’t here in Korea…” BoA said casually. Kangta laughed at her comment.

“Wow I didn’t say anything about your boyfriend! Wait till he arrives back from Japan with a knife to kill me for asking you out,” Kangta joked.

“Yahh oppa, he’s not like that. And don’t tease us... We’ve only just started,” BoA answered, slightly embarrassed by Kangta's comment.

Kangta chuckled. “So, 10pm same place?”

“Oh wait, I remembered I have to meet Yeonhee and Ara tonight… Sorry oppa..." BoA apologised and giggled at her own silliness.

“Well okay then! You are such a forgetful ahjumma-”

“YAHH OPPA!” Kangta winced as he distanced his handphone from his ear as BoA’s shriek was almost deafening.

“By the way oppa, Taeyeon and Leeteuk broke up,” BoA stated, knowing that Kangta was courting Taeyeon.

“Oh really? No wonder she was really down the other day,” Kangta said, slightly happy yet unhappy because Taeyeon isn't happy.

“Hey but that said, don’t make your move too fast. She’s human after all and she needs time to heal. If you hurt her you’ll suffer; she’s a good dongsaeng of mine,” BoA said in her ‘Kwon Gura’ tone.

“Kwon Gura you may hang up, I’m supposed to be talking to Kwon BoA,” Kangta chuckled. “Alright, I already know that too…”

What’s best for Taeyeon is the best for me.

~~~

BoA glanced at her phone after hearing it beep. “Can I call? Are you free?” BoA smiled upon seeing the text message. Tapping on Yunho’s contact, she made a call to him.

“Yundol~ How are you?” BoA said cutely through the line. Yunho smiled. He always loved the way BoA spoke like that.

“Tiring, but a bit better after hearing your voice~” Yunho replied sweetly.

"Yahh so cheesy... When are you coming back?" BoA asked.

"You miss me?" Yunho smirked at the other end of the line. BoA so much wanted to hit him but it wasn't possible at all.

"I swear I'm gonna hit you when you come back," BoA muttered and she could hear Yunho chuckle on the other side of the line.

"Ani you miss me too much so I'll probably get a hug or kiss from you instead of a beating," Yunho continued his old 'hobby' of antagonizing BoA.

"Shut up you idiot!" BoA hissed in return.

~~~

About a week later, Taeyeon bumped into Kangta in the company building.

“Oh, Chilhyun oppa!” She smiled. Kangta smiled back.

“Taeyeon... You just broke up with Leeteuk?"

"Yeah," Taeyeon gave a bland answer.

"Taeyeon, actually all along I've been liking you and you know that-"

He was interrupted by a sigh. "Please, I've just ended a relationship."

“I know, Taeyeon, I know,” Kangta calmly replied as he had expected the reply from Taeyeon. “I’ll give you time, all the time you need.”

“Look, Chilhyun oppa-”

“Taeyeon, it’s up to you.”

There was a awkward pause.

“Oppa, how do you know...?”

“I heard it from BoA,” Kangta replied, knowing what Taeyeon was referring to.

Just then, Seohyun came. “Unnie, I was looking for you! Um, let’s go,” she said, before bowing slightly to Kangta. Kangta reciprocated it awkwardly, before leaving while the girls went off.

Kangta did not hate Leeteuk even though technically he was a rival. Although he was upset that Leeteuk had hurt Taeyeon badly, he did not want to hate him or start a rivalry between him. They were close enough to be called brothers.

Were. They used to- not until he found out that Taeyeon and Leeteuk started dating.

He had loved Taeyeon since their duet '7989'. Yes, 10 years do not matter. Age is just a number, was what he learned from the song. Taeyeon meant everything to him, but if that meant letting her go for her happiness, he would.

He thought Leeteuk and Taeyeon would be happy together. He thought he could start forgetting his feelings for her. He didn't expect them to end up this way, but it also meant he could have a chance.