Chapter 3

Two Guys, One Girl

“Hyunnie?” Taeyeon asked, wondering why Seohyun was so quiet the whole drive home from the company building.

“Did anything happen when you were with Kangta ssi?” Seohyun spoke in a soft voice, almost whispering.

“Ah…” Taeyeon hesitated as she closed the dormitory door behind them, “he confessed.” Taeyeon could tell that Seohyun was just trying to be caring. “You don’t have to pressure yourself with my stuff, Hyunnie. I’ll settle them myself,” Taeyeon sighed and said.

“But we’re a family,” Seohyun sighed.

“Hyunnie, you have your own stuff to settle too though,” a voice said solemnly from behind them.

“Yul?”

“Unnie?”

Both of them said at the same time.

“You left your phone in the dorm?”

“Ne, why?” Seohyun asked with a confused look on her face.

“What’s going on here? Aren't you supposed to be filming for your drama?” Taeyeon asked, her face similar to Seohyun’s.

“Aniya, it was cancelled. Hyun, I'm not sure how you'll react but... you’ve got two missed calls from Kyuhyun oppa; and one from Yonghwa ssi; both of them sent text messages because you weren’t there to answer it-” Yuri paused and sighed, “I think you should check them yourself.”

Seohyun looked at her unnies and gave them both the “what is that supposed to mean” look. "Could it be...?" she mouthed amidst the confusion in her mind that had just begun to grow.

"Take your phone and see what's going on," Taeyeon said as she eyed Seohyun worriedly.

Yuri slowly handed the phone to Seohyun. Seohyun took it from Yuri and immediately went into the room she shared with Hyoyeon and closed the door, trying her best not to slam it. She unlocked her phone and first read the message first from Kyuhyun that was received earlier. “Joohyun… I’m not sure how to say this but, I miss you. I’m so crazy over you. Joohyun ah, call me when you see this, ne?” Blinking back her tears, she then read the one from Yonghwa. “Hey Seohyun… I know you think I must be crazy, but I love you.”

She was in deep frustration and confusion, but as usual being the caring and considerate maknae, she tried her best to keep calm.

“Should I go in?” she heard Yuri ask from outside.

“Let her calm down,” Taeyeon shook her head and replied. Both Yuri and Taeyeon knew how the two guys felt for her, and both of them had at least had correct guesses of what was going on.

It was too big a blow for her. It was between Kyuhyun, whom she had crushed on before, and Yonghwa, whom she had passionately cared for not because of the show but because of her genuine, kind-hearted character. Now she realized something that the innocent mind of hers had never thought of before. She lied down on her bed with frustration and threw her phone onto her pillow.

“I’ll just go in and check on her-”

“Yahh Yuri ah!”

Grabbing her hair, she silently screamed her heart out to herself saying "Why must you two like me?!" threw a random pillow onto the door.

Just then Yuri opened the door and Seohyun immediately tensed up. The pillow almost flew into Yuri's face and because of that, Seohyun apologised for what she did with initially a shocked face which soon turned into an apologetic one.

Yuri smiled, indicating that she understood Seohyun's current feelings. She sat on the bed beside Seohyun and rested her arm on Seohyun's right shoulder. Slowly she started crying and brought both of her hands to cover her face before crying even harder.

She tried her best to suppress her feelings but to no avail. She thought she loved Kyuhyun, and she thought should’ve loved Yonghwa. But on the other hand, she thought she didn't love them the way it should be. The way Taeyeon unnie loved Leeteuk oppa. She didn't know what it was, but she just couldn't choose between them.

“Unnie,” she whispered between her sobs, “eotteokhe…”

Yuri looked at her and sighed. This was definitely not like Seohyun, but she knew that it was hard for Seohyun to tackle with such problems that was nothing like she had ever encountered before. She rubbed Seohyun’s shoulder as a form of comfort and tried her best to calm her down, but she thought that maybe she could solve it for Seohyun too.

“Hey Hyun, since you don’t wanna call them back, why not hand your phone over to me again, try forgetting about it for the meanwhile until you’re fine? And we’ll settle it for you, together. The nine of us,” Yuri said, giving a reassuring smile. Seohyun glanced at Yuri for a while before nodding in agreement and handed her phone over to Yuri. “Good. Now if there’s anything important I’ll inform you. Gwaenchanha?” Yuri asked hugging her dongsaeng, knowing that at that point in time she needed lots of comforting.

Seohyun hugged Yuri backed and whispered, “Gomawo, unnie…”


This fic was also written last year when SNSD was still 9 and the timeline is basically 2012 so SNSD would be 9 in this whole fic. Yeah I'm rlly down about that too as a sone... I'll have faith that they'll reunite someday. Btw, #GGTOKYODOME today was really overwhelming because as 8 and also because soshi has accomplished their long time dream... I miss Jessica :( I'm glad I have a slight ot9 fic to write for now because I miss writing about those girls and although it's painful because I know Jessica is no longer here (though sometimes my brain refuses to believe it as much as I don't want to) but like I said I'll have all the faith I need because GG promised better days and although we sones don't need that promise, what we want is best for soshi and maybe, most of us believe that 9 is best for soshi. I'm sorry this author's notes became a small talk on soshi HAHAHA I realised I've called them almost every (short) name I can call them with in these notes HAHAHA well, jigeumeun sonyuhshidae, apeurodo sonyuhshidae, yeongwonhi sonyuhshidae! Girls' Generation forever! I believe ^^ okay wow that makes all the names for GG HAHAHAHA okay that was a little sone talk hope you guys don't mind ><