Chapter 11

Two Guys, One Girl

BoA gulped as she heard familiar voices from down the aisle. The duo was finally back from promoting in Japan, and BoA was not exactly anticipating to see them either. BoA looked at the time and grimaced for she was going to be late for her dance practice. It was only then she remembered she was supposed to be practicing with Yunho. Immediately, she began to feel beads of sweat forming on her forehead as a result of anxiety.

She awkwardly walked down and into the practise room, ignoring Changmin and Yunho who were in their own conversation. She first settled her own things down and did some stretching, her mind occupied with thoughts and memories about Yunho.

“Hey,” she heard Yunho mumble after the creaking of the door as it opened.

She turned around and flashed a sad smile, “Hey.”

“I missed you,” the words unintentionally escaped her lips, and she could feel her body tremble and her eyes turn watery. She turned back around and swallowed, willing herself not to cry, as she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands. She took in deep breaths to calm herself down, telling herself that she must not get emotional.

“I missed you too,” Yunho responded in effort of trying to create a usual situation between the two, obviously trying to hide the hurt and the pain he had been through loving BoA. However, he knew he could not get sentimental then for they had important matters to attend to- right, the dance- and nonetheless they have already broken up.

The two started off in silence whereby both were too emotional with their own thoughts and nobody wanted to talk, until the choreographer started to break the ice by talking to them and they started conversing as usual. Soon, even laughters were released.

BoA and Yunho slowly eased down the situation and started acting like how they were in the past- best friends, and Yunho was slowly coming to believe that it might just be the best for them.

“Hey Yundol,” BoA called and tossed a water bottle over and he catched it in reflex.

“Hey Bboa,” he replied. After a paused, he asked, “Best friends forever, Bboa?”

“Best friends forever, Yundol,” BoA swallowed and tried to force a smile.

~~~

BoA walked around the lobby of the building, waiting for her manager. She was still sweating profusely from the practice session with Yunho, and was deeply impacted by that session. Thanks to the dance, they had regained their status as best friends, and were even having fun talking and laughing with each other like all best friends do. She was certainly missing Yunho, and was glad to be able to interact with him happily and heartily, but she felt a certain piece of herself missing. She longed to be with Yunho again.

Just then the elevator doors opened behind her and she turned around only to notice Kangta. She forced a smile to reciprocate his smile, and bowed slowly out of awkwardness. Kangta was taken aback for BoA seldom bowed to him, but nonetheless greeted her, “Hi BoA.”

BoA was urging herself to calm down in the presence of Kangta for she was feeling uneasy. Her heart began pounding wildly and she began sweating even more. She heaved a sigh of relief as Kangta walked off before he could sense anything odd.

~~~

Taeyeon casually flipped through the television channels while lazing around in the dorm, for it was one of the only times she had a free day while a few other members were having individual schedules. She gasped as she landed on a channel that was broadcasting We Got Married. Coincidentally, it was Leeteuk and Sora’s cut. She felt her heart ache as she saw the way Leeteuk acted on television. He was being very happy, as well as Sora who was very sweet with Leeteuk. She gulped and tears began to well up in her eyes. She silently admitted to herself, that Leeteuk and Sora actually looked compatible.

Sooyoung who was walking by the living room noticed the situation and ran over, snatching the remote control from Taeyeon’s hands. Luckily, her wittiness was able to save Taeyeon from the situation.

Sooyoung started watching a programme she had recorded over time, saying that she wanted to clear the episodes after not watching for a long time. Sooyoung pretended knowing nothing by inserting awkward laughters, but Taeyeon understood.

Taeyeon watched Sooyoung enjoy her drama serial with grateful eyes, and in her heart, she thanked her.


Here's a slightly longer chapter than usual. Sighs I feel like this isn't a good job...