Chapter 9

Two Guys, One Girl

Seohyun exited the washroom and proceeded on her way back to the recording studio as the girls were trying out a new song for a comeback the next year. Making her way back, she accidentally took the longer route as she was lost in her thoughts while walking.

Seohyun mentally chided herself to pay attention as to what was going on, just as how the older members have been asking her to do so since the start of their session. For that day, she had seemingly been out of this world- in her own world, that is, and everyone had to try hard to be able to catch her attention.

It was Kyuhyun who was always on her mind. For a long time, she thought, she had not been interacting with Kyuhyun. She thought she missed Kyuhyun. Ever since the text message a few months ago, Seohyun had not talked to Kyuhyun at all. She didn’t know how to react back then, and ever since, she didn’t know how to face Kyuhyun. It was odd of him to send such a text, and what was even out of place was that the text message came together with Yonghwa’s.

Reminded about Yonghwa, guilt started to grow in her heart as she remembered her last conversation with Yonghwa whereby he stopped talking to her after that. It was as if that last sentence was meant to be a goodbye from Yonghwa. Sure she haven’t seen Yonghwa for a long time after the show ended, but they did occasionally text each other and continued to keep in touch as friends. However, after confessing and then suddenly deciding to bid her farewell, Seohyun wasn’t sure what was actually going on. She was confused. She was afraid. She was lost.

She walked past the first dance room in that corridor, and was surprised to bump into BoA who was just about to enter that dance room. She smiled and bowed, and BoA reciprocated the smile and initiated a conversation.

“How are you, Seohyun?” she asked, her eyes glistening as she rubbed her hands in the awkwardness.

“I’m fine, thank you,” Seohyun gave a standard response, although both of them knew she (partially) didn’t mean it. “How are you unnie?” she continued by asking, and BoA smiled.

“I’m fine too I guess,” BoA responded, although she clearly remembered her own troubles which were almost too much to handle. She was still trying, and luckily things weren’t too out of hand for her. She had broken up with Yunho, and for then she was slightly less anxious, despite the fact that she did not know if it was the right choice. She also remembered that Seohyun had hers, and she really wanted to give support to that little junior and friend of hers as much as she could, even if she could not help.

“If you need to talk, you can always talk to your unnies, or call me if you like,” BoA said as she looked up to Seohyun’s eyes while rubbing Seohyun’s arm as a form of comfort.

Tears began to well up in Seohyun’s eyes and a lump rose up to as she heard that. Deep inside, she was really thankful to realise that she had BoA and the older girls by her side. In all gratitude, she said, “thank you unnie.”

BoA smiled once more before they bid their goodbyes and BoA entered the dance room while Seohyun proceeded on her way back to the recording studio.

As she walked past the second dance room, and then the third dance room, she heard the sound of a door opening and was distracted, thus turning around to see who it was. She noticed it was Kyuhyun coming out from the dance room, and in shock she gasped, bringing her hands to in the process.

“Annyeong, oppa,” she quietly whispered and bowed, deep inside in a big dilemma of what she should do.

Kyuhyun, too, was surprised to see Seohyun. For a moment he froze, before he finally came to his senses and called out, “Seohyun.”

As his lips slowly curved up into a smile, Seohyun felt her heart flutter like it always did in front of Kyuhyun and there and then, she declared to herself, she was in love.


I'm sorry for a super late update! At least I finally picked myself up to write something to update this fic huehue! School has started and I'm beginning to get busy, and at the same time I have a really annoying mental block that makes me just feel like I forgot how to write or something of that sort ya it's like I've lost my hands (the hands that type out these chapters for you) HAHAHA. This is slightly longer than usual but shorter than the previous one. This fic should be coming an end in 4 more chapters! I hope to be able to finish this this month (I've actually completed the last two chaps one year ago HAHAHA)! Wish me luck :) 

By the way are my chapters too short or what? Do you guys like wanna see longer chapters in new fics to come? Pls answer this haha! It has been on my mind for some time.