The Medallion

The Medallion

“What the hell happened?” Hyoyeon asks her manager when they finally inside the car.

After someone tried to kill her during her fansign event, Hyoyeon’s manager quickly pulled her out of the scene.

“I don’t know what happened but thanks to that guy with a sword, you are not hurt.” Kris said while driving.

“Yeah…” Hyoyeon said.

“Why would the guy wants to hurt you?” Kris asks.

“He’s probably a stalker.” Hyoyeon said. “This wasn’t the first time that someone tried to kill me. But this is the first time that a mysterious guy saves me.”

“Maybe he is a fan.” Kris said.

“Maybe. I want to personally thank him.” Hyoyeon said. ‘And he looks cool.’

“I’ll find out who he is.” Kris said.

…………………………………………………

Hyoyeon went home after that. Kris advices Hyoyeon not to go out since it is dangerous.

“As if I will go out after that incident.” Hyoyeon said.

Hyoyeon decided to take a bath.

She didn’t know that a stranger sneak in to her house and searching something.

Hyoyeon looks at the necklace she bought from the Philippines.

“You’re really beautiful.” Hyoyeon said while staring at the necklace.

Just then, she heard something outside the bathroom.

Hyoyeon finished her bath and goes out of the room.

She looks around to see if someone’s there.

She knew someone’s there.

Just then, someone covered and pulled her inside the walk-in closet.

Hyoyeon’s walk-in closet can see the bedroom through the door but the walk-in closet can’t be seen outside.

Hyoyeon saw a stranger in her bedroom searching for something.

Then, the stranger talked something over the handphone.

“Boss, it isn’t here.” The stranger said. “Walk-in closet? Ok. I’ll take a look.”

Hyoyeon’s eyes widened when she heard what the stranger said.

“Hide there.” The other stranger, that’s with her, said.

He released Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon quickly hide to the cabinet.

Hyoyeon gasped. “He’s the mysterious guy that saved me.” She whispered.

Hyoyeon watched the mysterious guy hides on the side of the door while the other stranger enters it.

The mysterious guy took out his sword and points it to the other stranger.

“Who are you?” the mysterious guy asks.

The stranger was shocked to see someone there. The stranger took out his gun but before he pulled the trigger, the mysterious guy cut his hand.

Hyoyeon gasped and her eyes widened.

“AH!!!” the stranger shouts. He quickly left the room.

The mysterious guy opened the cabinet.

“P-Please don’t hurt me!” Hyoyeon said.

“Give it to me.” He said.

“W-What?” Hyoyeon asks.

“That.” He said and points at the necklace.

“Why?” Hyoyeon asks. “This is mine.”

“That is not yours.” He said. “Your life is in danger because of that.”

“Why? This is just a necklace.” Hyoyeon said. “Who are you? And that guy is he after my necklace too?”

“I’m Jamie Campbell Bower. I am here to get that necklace.” He said.

“What’s with my necklace? I bought it for a cheap price and technically it is just an ordinary necklace.” She said.

Just then, an arrow passed through on Hyoyeon’s side.

Hyoyeon was shocked. She clearly felt the wind on her side when the arrow passed.

The arrow hits the wall.

Before Hyoyeon asks the mysterious guy, another arrow appeared.

The mysterious guy holds Hyoyeon and left the room.

“We need to get out of here.” He said.

Hyoyeon’s mind is blank. All she wants is to just get out of there.

While avoiding the arrows, the two manage to get out of the house. They went to the back gate of the house.

A black car is waiting for them.

Hyoyeon rides at the back seat of the car because for her it is much safer than the front seat.

The mysterious guy drives the black car.

They are now on the road when a loud shot of gun heard.

“Someone’s after us.” Hyoyeon said.

“Get down.” He said while the eyes on the road. “They can’t fight fair.”

He drives the car really fast. Overtaking the other cars.

Hyoyeon watches the guy drive because if she closes her eyes, she feels like she’s riding a rollercoaster.

 “It is a dead end!” Hyoyeon shouts when she saw the sign board on their front that says END OF THE ROAD.

He drives the car towards the sign board.

Hyoyeon screamed when she felt that their car is going to fall in the water. She automatically holds the necklace tightly and closes her eyes.

Just then, something magical happened. The necklace cast a bright light, bright as a star, the bright light wraps the car.

The mysterious guy watches what is going on until his car changes shape.

As soon as the car landed on the water, it turned into a motor boat.

Hyoyeon opens her eyes and she saw that they are already on a boat.

“Wh-What happened?” she asks.

The mysterious guy starts the motor boat and controls it.

“Where’s the car?” she asks.

The two finally get out of the water.

The boat turned back to the car.

“Wow! How did you do that?” she asks.

“The medallion did it.” He said.

“Medallion?” she asks.

“The necklace.” He said.

“Impossible.” She said.

“Let’s go.” He said.

“Where? Are you taking me home?” she asks.

“The enemies are probably in your house. We will go somewhere.” He said.

…………………………………………………

The two travel for two hours until they reach a forest.

“We need to walk from here.” He said.

“EH? Are you serious? Can’t you see I am wearing only my fluffy slippers?” she asks.

“Fine. Stay here until night. Wolves came out every night here.” He said.

Hyoyeon gasped. “W-Wolves? You are not talking about EXO, right?”

EXO is a boy group that has a song titled ‘Wolf’

“I am talking about real wolves.” He said and starts to walk.

“W-Wait!” she said and followed him.

The two walk for an hour and they reach a cabin.

“Cabin in the woods.” She said. She remembered the horror movie titled ‘Cabin in the Woods.’

“Good thing I didn’t watch that movie.” She said.

He knocks the door and a short old man opened the door.

“Jamie, you’re back.” The old man said.

The two enter the cabin.

“Who is she?” the old man asks.

“She got the medallion.” He said.

The old man was shocked. “This is a big problem.”

The old man approached Hyoyeon.

“Can I hold the necklace?” the old man asks.

Hyoyeon removes the necklace and handed it to the old man.

As soon as the necklace landed on the palm of the old man, the necklace flew away from him.

Hyoyeon’s eyes widened.

“Just as I thought.” The old man said.

“What do you mean?” she asks while wearing the necklace again.

“She found a new owner.” The old man said.

“What?” she asks.

The old man signed her to sit down on the chair.

Hyoyeon sat on the chair. The old man looks something from his bookshelf while Jamie went to the kitchen.

The old man shows her an old picture.

Hyoyeon looks at the picture.

A woman that looks like a gisaeng is in the picture wearing the necklace that looks like the one she’s wearing right now.

Jamie came back with their teas.

“Who is she?” she asks.

“She’s Song Hye Kyo. She’s once a famous gisaeng in Joseon era. She’s beautiful and talented. She came from a rich family but ended up as gisaeng when her father was framed-up from the sins he didn’t do. Song Hye Kyo met a guy, a handsome and gentleman guy. His name is Song Seung Hoon. He is the King’s heir. The two fell in love to each other but the king is not favour about it because he loves Song Hye Kyo. The two fight each other on her front. Prince Seung Hoon was about to get stabbed by his father’s sword when Song Hye Kyo blocks it with her whole body. Before she dies, she gives the medallion to Prince Seung Hoon and vowed that it will keep him from danger forever. What she said became true; the prince escaped the death many times even when he became the king. When his queen became ill, he gave it to her so her illness will go away. It worked and the queen became the new owner of the medallion. The power of the medallion became known all over the place that some people want to get it but only the owner can have the power of the medallion unless she will pass it to other. Generations to generations, the medallion is still exists. Many people want to get it too. But one day, the medallion loses her power or so we thought. For 30 years, the medallion hides her power until she found you.” The old man said.

“The reason why my car turned into a boat is because of the medallion. The medallion saved you.” Jamie said. “And that’s the reason why some people are after you.”

“I-I don’t need this kind of power. I am giving it to you.” She said and removes the necklace.

The old man touches the necklace on the table but he feels a million bolts of electricity came out from the necklace.

“The medallion didn’t approve it. It must come from the heart if you want to abandon it.” The old man said.

“But it really comes from my heart.” She said.

“You are scared that’s why you are abandoning the medallion.” Jamie said.

“What should I do?” she asks.

“Destroy the medallion using Song Hye Kyo’s pin.” The old man said.

“And where can I find that pin?” she asks.

“It was in her grave.” The old man said.

“Actually, the pin will be auction in Paris, 2 weeks from now.” Jamie said showing printed news from the internet.

The news is about the auction that will happen in Paris.

“I need to get there.” She said.

“We are going to get there.” Jamie said.

“You? With me?” she asks.

“Yeah. You can’t go alone.” Jamie said.

“Oh right.” She said.

“You need to take a rest.” The old man said. “You can spend the night here.”

“Thank you.” She said.

…………………………………………………

That night, Hyoyeon sleeps on the couch. She was very tired that day that she quickly sleeps.

Jamie and the old man watch her sleeping.

“Are you really going to do this for her?” the old man asks.

“I am doing this for you not her.” Jamie said.

“Take care of her.” The old man said.

“I will.” Jamie said.