Paris

The Medallion

Finally! After so many years, well actually after five months, i finally able to update this story. I'm sorry for my reader for I being hiatus. I was busy with something else but here I am now and I'll try to update this story more often.


Hyoyeon went back home only to find out that her manager is there.

“Oppa, what are you doing here?” she asks.

“I’ve been calling you since last night and when I can’t contact you, I decided to go here but you’re not here.” Kris said.

“Someone attacked me and luckily Mr. Bower is here. He helped me escaped.” She said.

“Attacked? Another obsessed fan or anti-fan?” he asks.

“Aniyo. He was after my necklace.” She said.

“Your necklace? Did you steal?” he asks.

“Aniyo! I am talking about this necklace. The necklace that I bought cheap when I went on a vacation.” She said.

“What’s with the necklace?” he asks.

“Can you explain it to him?” she asks Jamie.

Jamie nodded and starts explaining.

“And you actually believed that?” Kris asks after the explanation.

“I experienced it myself.” She said. “So, oppa, cancel all my activities and I am going to Paris.”

“Paris? What are you going to do there?” he asks.

“I am going to get the pin and use it to destroy this necklace.” She said.

“I won’t allow you. I can’t risk your life. Give the necklace to me and I’ll do it.” He said.

“You can’t touch it.” Jamie said. “No one can.”

“I can’t let her risk her life with that necklace.” He said.

“Oppa, I’ll be fine as long as I have the necklace and besides Jamie is here.” She said.

“I’m coming with you.” He said.

“What? But I don’t want you to be put in danger.” She said.

“I don’t trust that guy. Besides, the company will not allow you to suddenly gone unless you’re with me.” He said. “Do you imagine what the people think if they saw you with a guy?”

“At least he is handsome.” She said.

“Yah!” he yells.

“What will I do? I need to destroy this necklace and go back to my normal life.” She said.

“That’s why I am coming with you.” He said. “What kind of excuse is I going to make up just the company will let you go?”

“Maybe I can help.” Someone said from the door.

“Eunhyuk oppa, since when did you arrived?” Hyoyeon asks.

“A moment ago, enough to hear everything.” Eunhyuk said. “Who is he?”

“Oppa, he is Jamie Campbell Bower. Mr. Bower, he is Eunhyuk, a very close friend of mine.” Hyoyeon said.

“Actually, I am her ex-boyfriend.” Eunhyuk said.

“As if I care.” Jamie whispered.

“So, Eunhyuk, you said you can help, but how?” Kris said.

“I am coming with them and pretend that we get back together. After all, the fans knew about our past relationship.” Eunhyuk said.

“Oppa, do you know how dangerous is this?” Hyoyeon asks.

“I know and just like your manager, I don’t trust him.” Eunhyuk said.

“What about the company? The come back?” Kris asks.

“I can talk to the management.” Eunhyuk said.

“What do you think, Mr. Bower?” Hyoyeon asks.

“He can come but I don’t promise that I can protect him.” Jamie said.

“I can protect myself.” Eunhyuk said. “Tomorrow I’ll talk to the management.”

“We need to get to the Paris before the auction.” Hyoyeon said.

“Leave it to me.” Eunhyuk said.

…………………………………………………

3 days before the auction…

“I can’t believe we are in Paris.” Hyoyeon said.

“We’re not here for a vacation. Remember, we need to get the pin.” Jamie said.

Hyoyeon pouts.

“I know that.” Hyoyeon said.

“I’m just curious. How we will get the pin?” Eunhyuk asks. “Unless we have money to join the auction.”

“We can go to the auction as an audience.” Jamie said showing three invitations.

“How did you get those?” Hyoyeon asks.

“You don’t need to know.” Jamie said. “Did you bring a dress for the auction?”

“Actually… I am planning to spend my whole day today for shopping.” Hyoyeon said.

“I told you that-”

“I know. I know. We are here for the pin not for vacation but this is my chance to go shopping in Paris. After this, I don’t know when I will have the time to go back here.” Hyoyeon said.

“Let’s do what she wants to do. I’m sure that some fans and paparazzi are going to look for us because they know that I and Hyoyeon are back together and having our vacation.” Eunhyuk said.

“I must remind you that we have enemies, and we don’t know when they will attack.” Jamie said.

“They can’t attack us in public.” Eunhyuk said.

“They can.” Jamie said. “She once experienced it.”

“Yeah, during my fan meeting.” Hyoyeon said. “But I am sure this time they can’t come near me.”

Jamie rolled his eyes. “Fine. I’ll let you go but I’m coming with you two.”

“Ok.” Hyoyeon said.

…………………………………………………

As expected, Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk presence gathered the fans’ attention. They follow them wherever the couple goes.

“Mr. Bower, do you already have a suit for the party?” Hyoyeon asks.

“I am already prepared.” Jamie said.

“I don’t believe you. When we went here from South Korea, you only have a small a bag that only a passport and a plane ticket can fit.” Hyoyeon said.

“I told you I am already prepared.” Jamie said.

Hyoyeon looks at him from head to toe.

Jamie is wearing jeans, black t-shirt, black hooded leather jacket and a pair of rubber shoes.

“Yes I can see that. You’re already prepared.” Hyoyeon mockingly said.

“Hyo, look at this dress.” Eunhyuk called her.

Hyoyeon left Jamie.

Jamie looks around the shop. There are only few customers inside the shop, a woman trying out some shoes, a woman and her daughter and guy looking at the belts.

“Mr. Bower, over here.” Hyoyeon called him.

…………………………………………………

After the whole day shopping, they went back to their hotel suite.

“I’m tired.” Hyoyeon said.

“We need to go down for the dinner.” Eunhyuk said.

“Just call someone to bring us dinner here.” Hyoyeon said while lying on the bed.

Eunhyuk did what Hyoyeon wants.

After a while…

“Room service…” said outside the door.

Jamie is the one opened the door.

A guy wearing a uniform of the hotel came pushing a cart. He placed the foods on the table.

Jamie is still standing at the door while staring at the guy. The guy left the room with the cart.

“Hyo, let’s eat.” Eunhyuk called her.

Jamie closed the door and locks it. He walks towards the table.

“Looks delicious.” Hyoyeon said.

“There’s a wine included too.” Eunhyuk said and opens the wine. He was about to pour the wine on the glass when Hyoyeon accidentally knocked the glass. The wine poured on the table cloth.

“Mianhae!” Hyoyeon said.

But then, something happened. The table cloth released a smoke and it is melting.

“Acid. There’s an acid inside the bottle.” Jamie said. “That guy! He is the guy in the shop.”

“What guy?” Eunhyuk asks.

“He’s been following us since this morning.” Jamie said.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Eunhyuk asks. “We almost drink the wine.”

“I didn’t recognize him at first. We need to leave this hotel.” Jamie said.

“But even though we go to another hotel, they will follow us.” Eunhyuk said.

“There’s a place we can stay.” Jamie said.

“Where?” Hyoyeon asks.

…………………………………………………

“A mansion? That’s where we are going to stay?” Eunhyuk asks when the taxi entering the big gate.

“Yes.” Jamie said.

“Who owns this place?” Hyoyeon asks.

“A friend of mine.” Jamie said.

The taxi stops at the front of the mansion.

A man in his 50’s is waiting outside the mansion.

“Welcome back, Master Jamie.” The man said.

“He called you master?” Hyoyeon whispered to Jamie.

“I always go here.” Jamie said. “Good evening, Suk Jin. These are my friends, Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk. Guys, he is the butler here.”

“Good evening.” Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk greet.

“The rooms are already prepared.” Suk Jin said.

“Thank you.” Jamie said and they get inside the mansion.

“A Korean man as a butler in Paris? Weird.” Eunhyuk said.

“My friend is a Korean that lives here but since his work is in South Korea, he often stays there.” Jamie said.

They climb the stairs until they reached the 3rd floor.

“Guests rooms are here. Hyoyeon’s room is on right side end of the corridor. Eunhyuk’s room is on left side end of the corridor. My room is besides Hyoyeon’s room.” Jamie said. “Have a rest and I’ll call you when the dinner’s ready.”

They went to their rooms.

…………………………………………………

Jamie goes out of his room and went to the living room.

“I knew you’ll be here.” Someone said.

“Taecyeon, I thought you’re in South Korea.” Jamie said.

“After what happened to Hyoyeon in her fan meeting, the video of it spread in the internet. I saw you saving her.” Taecyeon said. “And then, Hyoyeon suddenly went to Paris with her ex-boyfriend and then I saw you again with them. So, I decided to come here in case you need my help.”

“I really need your help.” Jamie said.

…………………………………………………

Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk go out of their rooms when Suk Jin called them. They went to the dining room and there they saw Jamie and Taecyeon.

“Oppa, you’re Mr. Bower’s friend?” Hyoyeon asks.

“Yes.” Taecyeon said.

“And you own this mansion?” Eunhyuk asks.

“Yeah…” Taecyeon said. “Enjoy your stay here.”

“I thought you lived in Massachusetts.” Eunhyuk said.

“I lived here too every summer then I met Jamie and became close.” Taecyeon said.

“When did you build this mansion?” Hyoyeon asks.

“Actually, it is my auntie’s mansion and since she’s busy with her businesses, I always stay here.” Taecyeon said. “Don’t tell it to others. I intend to keep it private.”

“Ok.” The two said.

“Just feel at home.” Taecyeon said.

“Thank you.” They said.