Friends

The Medallion

“Welcome to Show Me the Idols!” Leeteuk the emcee said as the shows started. “Today, we have 9 special guests. Let’s all welcome, Girls’ Generation!”

“Annyeong Hasaeyo! We are Girls’ Generation!” the 9 women greet including Hyoyeon.

They didn’t talk about it a while ago. It just came out naturally.

“Wow! For the first time after you’re disbanded, you came together in a show.” Leeteuk said.

“Ne. Feels like reunion.” Taeyeon said.

The show continues. Hyoyeon doesn’t talk that much because she is afraid that she might said something against Jessica.

“Jessica left the group first, right?” Leeteuk said.

“Ne. That’s right.” Jessica said. “I left because I want to pursue my business.”

“Then, Sooyoung got married.” Leeteuk said.

“I didn’t leave the group when I got married but when I got pregnant, I need to leave the group.” Sooyoung said.

“Yuri became a swimmer.” Leeteuk said.

“When I decided to become a swimmer, I need to leave the group because I am avoiding to get injured.” Yuri said.

“That’s when we decided to disband the group.” Tiffany said.

“But you still have 6 members.” Leeteuk said.

“Working with only 6 members feels empty. Of course sometimes we get to perform only 8 or 7 members because of their individual schedules but when members are leaving one by one, it really feels empty.  We started as 9 members and we also want to be performing as 9 members.” Seohyun said.

“Do you miss performing as a group after you disband?” Leeteuk asks. “The solo members.”

“Of course.” Sunny said. “When I debuted as a solo singer, the stage feels large for me singing alone on the center. Unlike when we were 9, we sometimes bump to each other because of too many members.”

“Hyoyeon?” Leeteuk said.

Hyoyeon has no choice but to say something.

“Singing and dancing for a whole 4-5 minutes song is really hard. When I was with the group, I only sang 3-10 seconds in a song and I often dance at the back. When I became a solo singer, I miss watching my members back while we were performing.” Hyoyeon said.

“The Show Me the Idols will be back after the break.” Leeteuk said.

They went to the dressing room to avoid the fans. There is still a tension between the members.

“Jamie, let’s eat. Hyoyeon will be fine inside the dressing room.” Kris said.

Jamie followed Kris.

“I can feel the tension with them.” Jamie said while they are eating.

“You can’t blame them. They’ve been together since young but after the struggle and the fame, their friendship is not strong. They easily get break when one of them left.” Kris said. “She’s the one who really wanted to leave the group because she always under the group but she’s also the one that thinks the hardship they did just to get in that position. They became a no. 1 group in the whole world but we can’t blame them if they need to do other things besides performing at the front of the people.”

“I can feel that she doesn’t like Ms. Jung.” Jamie said.

“It’s not that she doesn’t like her. Hyoyeon was the one who really got hurt when Jessica left. They often argue and fight each other but because of that their friendship tested. But in the end, Jessica betrayed her.” Kris said.

…………………………………………………………………………

10 minutes before the 2nd half of the recording, Jessica went first back to her seat.

“Unnie, can’t you and Sica unnie forgive each other?” Seohyun asks Hyoyeon before going back to their seats.

“Seo, it is impossible. She is really an ice princess.” Hyoyeon said.

Hyoyeon is walking towards her seat when she noticed something off above. She looks up and saw the spotlight going to fall towards Jessica.

Hyoyeon runs when she saw the spotlight falling towards Jessica. She pushed Jessica away and waits for the spotlight to hit her since it is already too late to avoid it.

But…

The spotlight hit the ground an inch away from Hyoyeon but Hyoyeon is sure that it will hit her head but then she remembered that she’s wearing her medallion.

“Sica, Hyo, gwenchana?” Taeyeon worriedly asks.

The two nodded.

“That was close.” Sooyoung said.

“Thank you for saving me.” Jessica said.

Hyoyeon just smiled a little.

Jessica smiled.

The two felt weird. It seems that the hatred in their hearts is gone.

Jessica cried and hugs Hyoyeon.

“I’m sorry for everything.” Jessica said.

“I’m sorry too.” Hyoyeon said and cried too.

The other members cried too.

Jamie watches them from the side of the stage when he noticed something. Every staffs are in chaos because of the spotlight suddenly fallen but a guy wearing a staff shirt is secretly escaping. Jamie followed him.

“Jamie!” Kris called him. “Where are you going?”

“I found a suspicious guy. I need to get him.” Jamie said.

“Stay with Hyoyeon. I’m sure that the falling spotlight is for her. I’ll catch the guy.” Kris said.

“Ok.” Jamie said and went back to the studio.

Kris went somewhere.

…………………………………………………………………………

After the recording, the girls decided to go to Hyoyeon’s house because Jamie doesn’t allow Hyoyeon to go to a crowded place like bar.

“Welcome back-” Bonnie stops talking when they saw they have visitors.

“Who is she?” Yuri asks.

“Girls, she’s Bonnie Wright, she is also my bodyguard.” Hyoyeon said.

“Is your life in danger? Why do you need two bodyguards?” Sunny asks.

“There’s an obsessed fan following me around. Jamie is in-charge to follow me 24/7 while Bonnie is in-charge to know about the obsessed fan.” Hyoyeon lied.

The girls catch up for the years they’ve been gone.

Jamie and Bonnie are staying in the kitchen watching the girls.

“Do you have a hint where Lady Song Hye Kyo is?” Jamie asks.

“Not yet. In the history books, it says that she’s dead but nothing written about where she buried.” Bonnie said. “And also, I can feel someone is following me a while ago.”

“A while ago, a guy tried to kill her again.” Jamie said.

“Do you even know who’s behind of all this?” Bonnie asks.

Jamie shook his head.

“What if someone who is close to her is actually the enemy?” Bonnie asks.

“I am also thinking that but it is hard to tell.” Jamie said.

“I am always suspecting Eunhyuk.” Bonnie said. “Where is he now?”

“He is going overseas for the concert.” Jamie said. “It is easy to choose a suspect but we need evidence.”

…………………………………………………………………………

Meanwhile…

The girls are having fun when Seohyun accidentally knocks some documents lying on the table on the corner.

Seohyun picks it up.

“Oh? Unnie, are you interested to the life of Lady Song Hye Kyo?” Seohyun asks when she reads the documents.

“Kinda.” Hyoyeon said. “You know her?”

“Of course Seohyun knows her. She is a book worm.” Sooyoung said.

“She is one of the historical people that I am interested to. Her story is a mystery. She once a daughter of wealthy family but when the head of the family got executed, her mother became a slave while she became a gisaeng. She fell in love to a prince but they can’t be together because there is a girl that already chosen as the prince’s wife. Lady Song Hye Kyo accepts it then one day, the king saw her and fell in love. The king made her as one of his concubine. The prince can’t accept it that he tried to kill the king but Lady Song Hye Kyo saves the king. Witnessing the girl you love sacrificing her life to someone makes the prince defeated, he tried to stab himself with a sword but Lady Song Hye Kyo stops him. Lady Song Hye Kyo decided to kill herself so the king and the prince will not fight anymore. The king and the prince were shocked after watching her killing herself, afraid of what the people will say the two decided to dump Lady Song Hye Kyo’s body on the river. They lied to all the people saying that she left after stealing a golden necklace which is actually her necklace. After a year, a package was sent to the palace, the prince which is now the new king opened the package and saw the golden necklace of Lady Song Hye Kyo. The necklace turns out to be a medallion that can protect the person who possesses it. The medallion transferred to many generations but now no one knows where it is.” Seohyun said.

“That’s different to the story that I know.” Hyoyeon said. “Lady Song Hye Kyo protects the prince from the sword’s king and before she dies, she gives the medallion to the prince.”

“That’s a different version of what really happened. Someone manipulated the story of the king and the prince before it was published. The history club that I joined during college has the original book.” Seohyun said.

“Who sent the medallion to the king?” Jamie joins the topic.

“It is a mystery. Some says that it is Lady Song Hye Kyo but no one can prove it.” Seohyun said.

“So that’s the reason no one knows where she was buried.” Bonnie said.

“Guys, do you really need to discuss history? Look how Sica fell asleep because of you.” Sunny said.

“Mian.” Hyoyeon said. “Maknae, can you tell us the name of the professor of yours?”

“Sure.” Seohyun said. “His name is So Ji Sub.” Seohyun said.

…………………………………………………………………………

Meanwhile, a man enters his apartment. He puts the car keys on the top of the drawer where the picture frames are. Most of the pictures are group pictures or class pictures. One of the pictures is a picture of the professor with his students and one of the students is Seohyun.

“How’s your day?” a woman asks.

“Just the same. I still don’t know where it is.” The man said.

“I found it.” She said.

“Really? Where?” he asks.

The woman opened the TV. The show is a music program and Hyoyeon is currently performing her song. It was taken few weeks ago during the promotion of her song. In the screen, it can be seen that she’s wearing the medallion.

“How can we get that? She’s an idol.” He asks.

“We can’t. We will let her go to us.” She said.