The Mysterious Guy

The Medallion

NAIA Terminal 3…

“Finally!” Hyoyeon said when she arrived at the airport. She rides the taxi. “To Manila Marriott Hotel, please.” She said.

“Yes, miss.” The taxi driver said.

The taxi starts to move.

Hyoyeon looks outside the taxi.

“Is it your first time here?” the driver asks.

“Yes. Actually it is my first time to have a vacation for 7 years of working.” She said.

“Really?” the driver asks. “What is your job?”

“I’m a singer in South Korea.” She said.

“Ah! K-POP! My daughter is a K-POP fan.” He said.

“Really? K-POP must be famous here.” She said.

“Yes indeed. My daughter loves almost all the boy groups but there’s only one girl singer she likes. She keeps on mentioning her name every day.” He said. “Her name is… Hyoyeon.”

Hyoyeon was surprised but she didn’t tell him that it was her.

“I know her.” She said. “She’s nice.”

After a while, they arrived at the front of Park Inn.

“Can we take a picture so I can show it to my daughter?” he asks.

“Sure.” She said.

Using the handphone of the driver, they take a picture together.

“And this is my autograph for your daughter.” She said giving him a paper with her autograph.

“I’m sorry but I didn’t get your name.” he said.

“You can ask your daughter. She’ll probably know me.” She said. “Nice talking to you. Bye!”

Hyoyeon went inside the hotel.

“Hi! I’m Hyoyeon Kim and I called her two weeks ago for my reservation.” Hyoyeon said to the woman in the front desk.

“Ah yes! Miss Kim from South Korea.” The woman said. “Here’s your key. The bellboy will bring you to your room. Enjoy your stay here.”

“Thank you.” Hyoyeon said.

…………………………………………………

Hyoyeon sat on the sofa inside her room.

“Finally! A vacation! I am going to enjoy it!” Hyoyeon said.

Hyoyeon take a rest first and when it is already night, she decided to go out.

Hyoyeon went to the market and look for some place for her dinner.

“This is what I like. Walking around without fans noticing me.” Hyoyeon said to herself.

After the dinner she went back to the inn.

…………………………………………………

On the next day, Hyoyeon went to the famous tourist attractions of Manila.

Hyoyeon went to the historical places in Manila.

“Excuse me.” Someone said from Hyoyeon’s back.

She turns around and saw a teenager girl.

“Hello.” She greets.

“Are you Miss Hyoyeon Kim?” the girl asks.

“Yes.” She said.

The girl smiled. “I’m the daughter of the taxi driver you rode yesterday from the airport.” The girl said.

“Ah really? What’s your name?” she asks.

“Lucy.” The girl said.

“Nice to meet you, Lucy.” She said and shakes hands with her.

The girl can’t hide her happiness.

“Lucy, could you do me a favor?” she asks. “Can you keep it a secret about my presence here? It’s my vacation and I want to enjoy it.”

“Sure.” Lucy said.

“How about you tour me here?” she suggested.

“I’d be glad!” Lucy said. “Where do you want to go first?”

“Can you bring me to a market where I can buy the things I will bring back to South Korea?” she asks.

“I know a place!” Lucy said.

…………………………………………………

Lucy brought Hyoyeon in Divisoria (a famous market place in Manila).

“You can buy lots of stuffs here but be careful with your money. There are lots of pickpocket guys here.” Lucy said.

Hyoyeon hold tightly on her bag. “Got it.” She said.

The two walk around the market.

…………………………………………………

Meanwhile, somewhere in Divisoria, a man is running from the people who want to kill him. He didn’t know that his moves are being watch by the two guys above the building.

“You can’t kill him here. It will attract the police’s attention.” A man said wearing a black mask covering half of his face and sunglasses.

“What should we do?” a man wearing a black hood jacket asks.

“Bring him in a quiet place and kill him.”

“Got it.” The man in a black hood jacket said and left.

…………………………………………………

There are too many people in the market and the man is having a hard time to get through.

“Watch out!” a man carrying a big box said but it is already too late. He bumped to the man that is escaping.

The man fell on the table with necklaces.

“Are you alright?” the man with a box asks.

“Y-Yes.” The man said.

He was about to stand up when someone helped him to stand. When he checks who it is, it is the man that wearing a jacket with hood.

“Don’t move or you’ll be dead here.” The man with a hood jacket whispered to him in Russian language.

The man nodded.

They quickly left.

…………………………………………………

Minutes passed when Hyoyeon and Lucy arrived at the place where the man and the man with a hood jacket left.

“These necklaces are so nice.” Hyoyeon said when she saw necklaces on the side of the market.

Hyoyeon’s eyes caught something. It is a necklace with gold and round pendant. It looks like a medallion.

“How much is this?” she asks.

The vendor doesn’t recognize the necklace. He thought that the man a while ago accidentally dropped it when he fell. Since, the man was already left. It is a waste if he didn’t sell it.

“100 pesos for a beautiful lady.” He said.

Hyoyeon quickly paid it and left.

…………………………………………………

“Sir, the medallion isn’t with him.” The man with a hood jacket said.

“Go and find it. It will be bad if someone got it.” The man with a mask said.

“Yes, sir.” And he left.

…………………………………………………

The man with a hood jacket went back to the place where the other man fell.

“Have you seen a necklace with a gold round pendant?” he asks the necklace vendor.

“A woman got it.” The vendor lied.

“What does she looks like?” he asks.

“She’s a Korean girl and she looks kind of celebrity.” The vendor said.

Just then, a girl wearing a black shirt with a printed girl on her shirt appeared.

“That’s her!” the vendor said pointing at the black shirt with print.

“Excuse me.” He said to the girl. “Who is the woman on your shirt?”

“It’s Kim Hyoyeon.” The girl said.

“Thank you.” He said and left.

…………………………………………………

South Korea…

After her week vacation, Hyoyeon starts her work again. She became busy again for her come back single.

“Stop! Stop! Stop!” Hyoyeon said. She is on the stage, recording her come back song.

Her manager came to her when he saw her lightly massaging her forehead.

“Gwenchana?” her manager asks.

“Headache.” She said.

“Can you continue?” her manager asks.

She nodded. “Just tell to the audio director that there’s something wrong with the music.”

“Hyoyeon, I know this is not right but can you let the BTS to go first? They have a flight later.” The director asks.

“Sure, no problem.” Hyoyeon said and goes back to her dressing room followed by her manager.

As soon as she got inside the room, she quickly removes her necklace and throws it on the floor. Her coordinator picks it up.

“Unnie, this is a sponsor.” The coordinator said.

“I don’t care. It’s ugly.” She said and took out a necklace from her bag. It is the necklace she bought during her vacation.

She wears the necklace. “This is more beautiful.” She said while looking at herself in the mirror.

“Where did you get that?” her manager asks.

“I bought it.” She said. “Oppa, do you like it?”

“How’s your headache?” her manager asks ignoring her question.

“It’s gone.” She said.

“Stay here. I’ll just call someone.” Her manager said and left.

…………………………………………………

Hyoyeon starts her performance again.

While singing and dancing, Hyoyeon is looking at the audiences. A guy wearing a black jacket with a hood caught her attention. It is because unlike the other audiences, the guy is standing at the back like a statue.

Hyoyeon looks straight to the camera and when she looks back again to the guy, the guy isn’t there anymore.

Hyoyeon ignores it and decided to focus on her performance.

…………………………………………………

“Good job, unnie.” The coordinator said.

“Where’s my manager?” she asks.

The coordinator points towards the end of the corridor.

Hyoyeon saw her manager with his ‘fans’. Her manager is handsome that some girls are falling in love to him.

Hyoyeon became mad when she saw a fan girl hugs her manager. She doesn’t want someone hugging her handsome manager except her.

Hyoyeon starts to walk towards him.

“Kris oppa!” she sweetly called. She removes the hand of the girl to her manager and wraps her arm to him.

“Are you finished with your recording?” her manager asks.

“Ne! Where shall we go next?” she sweetly asks.

“Let’s go.” Her manager said.

The two left the fans.

“Are they dating?” a girl asks.

“Impossible. Probably she has a crush to him too.” Another girl said.

…………………………………………………

4:00 am…

Hyoyeon tiredly gets inside her house. She just washed her face and went straight to bed. She’s really tired from her entire schedule that day and all she wants is to sleep.

5:00 am…

“Hyo, wake up. It is time for your schedule.” Kris said when he came to her room.

Hyoyeon didn’t move on the bed.

“Hyo…” Kris said and pulls her hand.

“Araso oppa.” Hyoyeon said while sitting on the bed.

“Go and wash up. I’ll wait you in your living room.”Kris said.

“Ne…” Hyoyeon said.

…………………………………………………

Fan sign event…

Hyoyeon is on a fan sign event in a mall for her come back single.

“Annyeong Hasaeyo!” Hyoyeon greets as soon as she enters the stage.

The emcee interviewed her for a while.

After the interview, Hyoyeon is going to perform her single.

Hyoyeon is giving all her got in the performance when a guy wearing a hood jacket goes on the stage holding a sword and it is coming towards Hyoyeon.

The guards stop him but he stabbed them using his sword.

The back-up dancers left the stage because of fear.

Hyoyeon stops dancing when she noticed that something is wrong. When she turned left, she saw the guy with the sword coming towards her.

Hyoyeon steps back.

The guy was about to stab her when another guy came and blocked the sword with his own sword.

Hyoyeon’s eyes widened. “The guy with a black hood jacket.” She whispered.

“Run.” The guy said.

“Hyoyeon!” Kris called her.

Hyoyeon runs towards her manager.

The guy stabbed the first guy with his sword. He watches Hyoyeon and her manager leaving the scene.