Chapter eight

Pretend Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

El capítulo ocho

It can’t in’ be love. I cannot in love with that guy, seriously! He is my fake boyfriend and we will soon break up after 3 months passed. We’re barely in our fake relationship for a week, but I have this kind of feeling already? Nonsense! I can’t feel this way especially with the guy that doesn’t even has a slight feeling for me. I still have my own dignity from falling in love with him. I know I’ll end up in one-sided love if I truly like him. Ouch— it’s hurt. Why is it hurt? Dear heart, what the hell are you thinking? Are you going to fall in love with a jerk like him and end up hurting yourself?

Excuse me; did Kim Hyojin just talked with her heart? Okay, I really am going to be a mental problem patient soon. I should wake myself up and be mature that’s it! No feeling for Byun Baekhyun! No feeling for Byun Baekhyun! No feeling for Byun Baekhyun!!!

“Wah, my daughter looks so happy. Congratulations, Hyojin-ah. I’ll always support you no matter what. A guy like Baekhyun shouldn’t have to be wasted for, you should feel lucky” My dad’s voice echoed that snap me to the reality. Half of me said that ‘Uhux, yes ‘should not’ really waste for.’ But the other half said ‘Yes! I should not really waste him’. Like excuse me, dear stupid yet blind yet deaf heart, he is just your FAKE boyfriend please high light that.

I reply my dad with my prettiest smile that show my teeth a little though I don’t know it looks pretty or not, but I think it’s the best way to reply because I know I’ll made up with another lie if I open up my mouth. My dad walks himself inside the mansion with a smile plaster on his face.

It is just now me, and my mom outside the big welcome gate. My mom still with her unusual look, she didn’t speak anything instead of just staring at me. My forehead turns to a big frown.

“What?” I asked a little bit soft

“I swear you guys look like the best and perfect couple just now! I swear to god!” My mom chimed and slightly jumps up and down with her girlish giggles.

“Mom! We’re faking” I responded with a whisper at the last sentence.

“I don’t care as long as you guys look so so perfect in front of us just now” My mom said again. Ugh.

“I bet he is a talented actor right?” Once again, my heart hurts as hell with my not-thinking-so-far words.

“Are you hurt? I can read through your expression! Do you in case already fell for him?” My mom spoke with a smug smile on her face

“Are you insane? Of course not! We’re barely in a fake relationship for a day” I whispered; make sure only my mom heard what I said, while looking around

“Okay, whatever you want to think, I don’t even care! I’m going to go first, it’s so cold outside” I added; tighten my body with the blazer that I wore. Wait, wait, what?! Whose blazer did I wear? Don’t tell me it’s Byun Baekhyun!

“Mom, this is Baekhyun’s blazer, should I run to his house now to give this?” I asked quite nervous, nervous without reason.

“Nonono, its night already, it’s still dangerous there even though their house less than a kilometer from us.” My mom replied sternly knowing that I just forget to give back someone’s treasure. I nod a little and take a step to walk inside my house.

Even though we’re neighbor there’s still huge gap between our house, it’s all depends on our house land.  

“Ask the maid to wash it before you hand it back to Baekhyun, you shameless daughter who’s forgetting to give back someone’s treasure to the owner” My mom scolded me before order the guards to close the auto gate.

I roll my eyes though my mom couldn’t see it. I believe she won’t scold me like that if she knows what happened at the garden. I let my unsatisfied feeling vanish with their own because I don’t want to reply anything to my mom. She will be like ‘hey you rude daughter of mine, since when I teach you to talk back to someone older than you and blablabla’. I’m not going to tell my mom that Baekhyun took my first kiss either because I can predict her reaction.

I change myself into my comfortable pajamas before lay on my comfy yet fluffy bed that I wish to marry.  I turn off the side lamp before let my body facing the ceiling. I smile at the ceiling, call me crazy but I’m so happy right now not only happy either but confuse, depress at the same time. Let me list everything. Firstly, my problem at my school solved. Secondly, I can be friend freely with those two Park. Thirdly, no one’s going to make me as their slave or bully me. Fourthly, I am really felt uneasy for lying to my dad and Byun’s family. Last but not least, Baekhyun just kissed me and he mouth me ‘I love you’ at the end of our meet. He is so sweet. Okay that’s sure crazy. Hyojin, wake up he kissed you because he love to play tricks on you. He in’ wants to test you. I can’t let my guard down after what he did at the gate just now. I have to mad at him tomorrow! I’ll let his ears bleeding after hearing my blabbering and complaining. I’m going to make sure he’s regretting for kissed me although I kinda like it. No! I don’t like it.

Next, about the mouthed ‘I love you’ that he did, it’s all in matter for pretending. Nothing exactly special at it, BUT I’m really sure that he sees that my parents aren’t facing him, why did he need to mouth me that? Is he done that on purpose or something? My heart keeps telling me that he purposely do it because he wanted to, but that’s nonsense, why he wanted to do it? Maybe he wanted to do it because, first option, he sincerely loves me; this hundred percent wrong. Second option, he wants me to fall to his trap; he wants me to fall in love with him; seems legit. That’s it, I choose the ladder, I’ll not let myself in love with him plus he acting all sweet is just because of pretending. I should really not fall onto it seriously. It’s damn, wrong! I talked way too twisting, ugh damn it!

But at the moment, I really surprise with his sudden attitude, I don’t know that he is someone like that, that love to tease, love to play tricks, love to put a smug smile or more known as teasing smile. He acts so not gentle to a girl. He looks so hard to be with because of his full cool attitude but he’s now proved me wrong. I don’t know but I get the feel that I can be close with him if I treat him better, if I do whatever he wanted. But no, I’ll not ever try to do that, I’m scared he will look down at me and bully me.

Ever since we’re a kid, he looks so cold. He looks like someone who can’t get close with. He seems educated, quite polite, and mature enough to be a playboy, never ever come through my thought that he is a playboy. That’s really strange. I am a girl next door to him, and I already very surprise with the fact that he was once a playboy. How about his parents? They must be really freaked out and mad and shock. It’s possible to one of them to get heart attack haha, it is so cruel of me to think something like that. But seriously, no wonder he really scared and chose to gone through my blackmail even though, it’s really a huge risk for both of us.

Many things happen for a freaking day. From Baekhyun’s announced as my boyfriend to the parents thingy. From parents thingy to the kiss and lastly to my confuse feelings. Only god knows how hard I feel right now. I want to escape from all of this. I beg my heart to not make any problem such as in love with Baekhyun. It’s too much to me to handle. I have lots problem, and I don’t need to added another one.

I heard several knocks on my door with a calm and loud voice against it.

“Miss, it’s time for your school!” A maid yelled

I open up my eyes slowly; the feeling to continue my sleep is still there. I close my eyes again and let my body lying lazily on the bed again.

“Miss?! You—” Someone butted the maid. “YAH! KIM HYOJIN! ARE YOU GOING TO ATTEND LATE FOR YOUR SCHOOL OR YOU WANTING ME TO BREAK OFF YOUR DOOR SO THE NEXT DAY WE WON’T BE THIS HARD TO WAKE YOU UP?” My mom yelled so loud like really really loud that I feel everyone in this gangnam area going to wake up because of her voice; don’t need to depend on their alarm or the birds chiming.

“Ugh!” I grunted lowly; make sure that my mom didn’t hear it.

“I DIDN’T REPLY JUST NOW BECAUSE I WAS INSIDE MY BATHROOM!! PLEASE DON’T YELLING AT MY PEACEFUL MORNING!” I lied and roll my eyes before take my towel and heading inside the bathroom with so not good morning mood.

For today because of that kid’s order, I didn’t tie my hair to any ponytail or loose ponytail that always been my favorite. I just let my straight black hair move back and forth freely. I still wear light make up to show my natural beauty. I get out from my room and head to the dining table for a breakfast from my mom or I don’t know mom or the maid made the breakfast for today. My jaw slightly drops at the menu for the breakfast. It is Spaghetti Carbonara. Like seriously Spaghetti for breakfast? It must be my mom who made it, of course.

“Mom, are you insane? Spaghetti at the morning?” I asked sternly, still quite pissed off at her ruining my morning mood.

“Yeobo! Look at your rude daughter” My mom complained giddily that makes me feel irritate.

Instead of scold me, my dad only gives us a chuckle that makes me smiling in victory.

“Seriously Jihyo, why suddenly spaghetti?” My dad asked with a playful voice

“The Prego’s sauce that Jimin gave last weekend to me is going to expired today! How could him!” My mom explained while held her fists. Oh, that Jimin guy is my uncle. He is my mom’s little brother. I really proud of my uncle, he is a member of a boy group known as Bangtan Boys, if u ask me. Please don’t laugh, he is just a year older than me and yet he already has a niece near his age. Sometimes during his off day, he always visits our house. He and I are quite close; he always asks me how to win a girl’s heart.

I continue chewing my spaghetti before I receive a message from ‘Your Boyfriend’. I frown at the words written on my screen. I held up my phone and slide my fingerprint on the privacy lock.

_______________________________

7:49a.m

I’m waiting! When will you arrive? Are you in the other hand, actually forgotten to fetch me?

Your Boyfriend

_______________________________

I snort as soon as I done read the text received. But suddenly my lips curve into a small smile at the ‘Your Boyfriend’ written on my screen. I quickly shook my wild thought and bid a goodbye to my parents. Without realize I actually look forward to meet him. And oh it.

Baekhyun goes inside my car and slam the door’s car quite harsh before give me a strong glare.

“Oh , what took you so long?!” He argue

“I’m a girl, besides; it’s quite unfair for a girlfriend to fetch his boyfriend to go to the school together. Aren’t you’re going to be a ‘best boyfriend ever’” I answered him while quoting ‘best boyfriend ever’ with my fingers in the air

“All right, I’ll fetch you for the rest of the day” Baekhyun replied while facing the window with a mad and low voice. I start to panic, am I too much or something? Is he sulking? Eh wait a second, is he a guy or something? Did he even have a ball or not? Hello…

I sigh deeply and turn to the front.

We arrived at school; the atmosphere right now is very different from the first time I step in this school. Instead of smirk like they usually wear, they’re now smiling, glaring, rolling their eyeballs out at me. That’s really scary to thought but I’ll go through it to have a BEST SENIOR YEAR like inside the book named ‘Princess Diaries’. They got lots of version and I don’t know which one of it. The last time I read it, is when I was 17 and now I am 19! Wow, time flies so fast but I’m still not officially 19 yet.

And guess what, I’m now nineteen and still I don’t have a first official boyfriend yet. Weh, life couldn’t get any better but ! But nahh boyfriend doesn’t matter at my age, but no! It’s does matter actually! I remember something incredible happened. When I was year 2 in Myungdon High School last year, there’s this senior… her name is Yoon He Ra and she got married when she was as same as my age this year but then here I am, a girl that still doesn’t have any official boyfriend. Yet. What I have here is a pretend boyfriend that currently sulking? He looks so not in the mood. Am I the only one who’s to blame?

I glance a little at him, and his side profile looks so gorgeous. He looks very serious right now that makes my heart beating crazily. Ever since he entered my car, my heart beat is beating uncontrollably, it’s an honor for him to not in the mood so then my heart beat won’t beating super faster, but seeing him like this makes me hurts. I bit my lower lip in frustration, why do I have this kind of feeling? What is it actually? Is it a heart cancer or something? Why didn’t my parents tell me about this then? Do they want me to die quietly?

I was about to speak a word but stop when he lead his legs to the left leaving me alone at the entrance. I tilt my head a little. Where is he going? Our class is not in that way… maybe he needs to go to the locker? Lol, I shouldn’t care… I was about to take my peaceful yet calm step but suddenly three ugly girls approach me. I look at them from up and down with a judge look plaster on my face. I know three of them; they’re the one who blocked me yesterday when I was so down about the levels thingy; when I thought I  was about to be in first level. They’re the one who approached me just want to say useless things right on my face. Look, they’re now probably their own vomit. They scoffed in disbelief at the look of my face that makes me smile inside in victory.

“Look! Look who just put a judgments expression on her ugly face?” The middle one said with an unsatisfied look on her face. Excuse me, you’re uglier than me, you’re wearing thick layer of makeup and it makes you look worse!

“Wow I thought she’s innocent. What a two faces. I wonder did you act all innocent in front of Baekhyun just to capture his heart?!” The right one yell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter