Chapter seventeen

Pretend Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I come to school like usual days, following the girls’ order. I walk into my class noticing Baekhyun not yet there. I heave a sigh in relief because I am now in a very nervous sick condition. I cannot imagine how I would act when he is around me. I pull my chair and place my bag there. I want to have fresh brewed coffee before class started. I take my step to the canteen where the machine placed.

I went back to the class as I use the main hallway. Suddenly squeals and whispers among girls could be heard. My heart starts to beat at its upmost limit the moment my eyes laid at a certain person. My mind went blank. It is Byun Baekhyun. He looks fresh and he rarely looks like that. He had red headphone on and he also carrying his books with his bag slung half. He totally looks hot and handsome as . Moreover, he flashes a very boyish smile that makes all girls in the damn universe melting in any minutes but suddenly his smile broke into a horror the moment his eyes found mine. His books fall and clatter around the floor causing a quite huge resound from the hall. His cool image drops dramatically. He awkwardly collects back his books; avoiding his eyes from me before move furiously passes me. He looks very…. nervous.

Why is that? Is that some syndrome of nervous? Is he that nervous? Is he indeed real? Is he mean what he said that Friday night? I—

Suddenly someone shake me off from my thought. I jolt in surprise at the sudden action.

“What the hell Jiyeon?” I mad at Jiyeon for nearly make me jump out of my skin.

“Yo you all,” Hyomin greets in an over dramatic way I ever heard in these past 3 months I became her friends.

“Oh HYOMIN YOU’RE HERE. DID YOU SEE WHAT I SEE?” Jiyeon says giddily

“Yeah, jeez, I got a clear view though,”

Both of them laugh as I crack a smile

--

The bells ringing means our lunch hour starts.

I left the class with my friends and we go to the cafeteria. As I step inside the cafeteria, all the stares on me. I was really nervous and choose to fasten my step. All soft murmurs could be heard.

“Let’s not be here guys,” Hyomin said.

“I’ll buy us food; you all wait for me at the garden alright?” Jiyeon volunteers.

Hyomin and I nod and quickly take our step out from the café.

--

From a far, we can see Jiyeon running towards us while hugging all the bread we usually eat. Hyomin and I are laughing at the view. She runs like someone just run after her to steal the foods.

After Jiyeon finally arrive toward us she simply open her arms and place the foods on the bench.

“Do you know why they were staring at you like that? Just now?” Jiyeon speaks.

“Don’t know,” I say as Hyomin shake my head.

“When I was buying the breads, I heard a junior talking about Hyojin and Baekhyun already clash. Because yeah, you guys have been avoiding each other and all,”

“Tsk, they can’t make such assumption aren’t they?!” Hyomin furiously says.

“Totally.” I nod.

--

Nothing happened. I repeat nothing happened. Baekhyun simply ignore me when our eyes meet he quickly avoid our eyes contact and make himself as busy as possible. I don’t what to do now. I should just follow Hyomin’s opinion but what if Baekhyun wants me to approach him first because he is just that no balls guy? What if he really thinks I don’t like him the way he do because I didn’t do any action? Ugh I’m off. I hate love.

The bells chiming means our school ended.

I sigh in nth time because I didn’t receive any talk from Baekhyun like how I imagined during my weekend. I clean my stuffs lazily while eyes still take notice at Baekhyun that already leave the class with Sehun. I roll my eyes in annoyance and quickly clean my stuff.

“So nothing?” Jiyeon asks.

“As always Byun Baekhyun freak,”

“Hey, I like that name,” Hyomin says then all of us burst into fit of laughter.

We all walk together to the gate and waiting for our drivers. I texted my driver to take me home because probably that Byun kid won’t walk with me. I don’t see his figure at all after the class and I sigh in disappointment.

“Chill Jin! Let’s be happy at least you know your love isn’t one sided okay?”

“Oh okay right,” I flash a quick smile to my friends.

“Yah! I forget to tell you guys that yesterday someone sent me a distended belly guy. HAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHA” Jiyeon hysterically

Hyomin and I exchange a look at each other in confusion.

“What’s so funny about that? Lol,” Hyomin snorts.

“It reminds me of Baekhyun’s stomach. AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA”

“oMF HOW COULD U” I scream and give a slap Jiyeon’s shoulder. All of us laugh at the image of Baekhyun’s stomach.

I was busy laughing to notice all my friends are already stop laughing and eyes focus at our back. I feel confuse then suddenly I feel like someone ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter