Chapter fourteen

Pretend Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thanks for the delicious bibimbap, Mrs. Kim,” Seungyoon speaks, and bow lightly toward my mom. We were having dinner. Seungyoon was quite flustered when my mom complimented him as one of the handsome guy that I’ve be friend-ed. I don’t know what was that supposed to mean but I shall shrug off at the topic. Never thought Seungyoon would be this shy in front of my mom.

“Nah, you always welcomed to come anytime to eat something else,” My mom replies back. Seungyoon steps out slowly to the porch.

“Thank you again, Mrs. Kim. It is an honor to meet you,” The last sentence awkwardly slips out from his mouth. I chuckle at his words. Wow, this was the first time did someone ever mention that meeting my mom was an honor.

My mom joins me, chuckling “Eh? Haha, Seungyoon-ah, don’t be too formal with auntie. Just be comfortable, hm?”

I nod, agreeing at my mom’s declaration. “Yeah, she don’t bite, eh no, she always pinch me hard but don’t worry she’ll not doing that to y-“

“Ouuch!” My mom pinched me at the arm, as I rub at the stinging spot with my palm. Seungyoon is chuckling at our behavior. This shows how close my mom and I are.

“It’s not like that Seungyoon, she always been trouble maker so I’ve no choice to pinch her,”

“I see that’s a good choice. I support you 200%,” Seungyoon mutters. I round my eyes at him. Is he at my mom’s side? That’s unfair.

 “YAH!” Seungyoon only looks at me playfully before he jumps a leg to his motorbike.

“I’ll get going first, see you soon Hyojinnie, Mrs. Kim.” He bids farewell after he starts the ingestion and ride it out from our house.

Before I could leave, my mom pulls my arm to stop me. I furrows at her.

“What is it now? Are you sure, he is only a friend?” Mrs. Kim asks me the way in which a nosy reporter would ask.

“No, he is my boyfriend.”

Mom’s jaw dropping once I said that. “Ehhhhhhh? How? What about B-“

“Lalalalala, I don’t care-eh-eh-eh…...” I sing my lungs out before enter the doorstep back.

“Yah! You rude daughty of mine, blablablabla………” And yes when I say ‘blablabla’ that means my mom has gone wild in her speech and babbling all the way out till the process of my food digestion completed.

                                                                                             

--

 

The following morning, I go to school like usual riding Baekhyun’s car. We don’t talk. His driver is not switching the radio either. I look after the window, and wondering about how many days left until our contract finally ended. It still has a week and today’s Thursday. Wow, time flies like a rocket.

Baekhyun rather the same, he is breathing steadily and look over the window. What is in his mind? Did he counting the days until this pretend ended, too?

Finally, the car pulls over right in front of the school’s gate. I jump out from the car, after grabbing my bag. He did too, but on the other sides of door. We enter the school’s entrance together with some students that just arrived. I walk forward to the locker section to take textbooks for the morning classes.

Just when I enter combination, Baekhyun stops by my side. Startling by his sudden stop, I look up to him questionably.

“See you later – lunch hour.” Baekhyun silently murmurs, before taking his leave to the corner of another hallway.

 

--

 

Baekhyun didn’t talk to me at the class, well we never did actually accept for the particular accident of me illegally taking his make out picture. When the bell rings for lunch hour, I clear all stuffs on my table and keep it under the table tidily. Huhu, I’m an organized woman. Nah, actually I don’t want any of my stuffs missing after lunch hour ended. You know, these days many robbers are lingering around included in school or maybe the robbers are the students itself.

Jiyeon, Hyomin and me walk toward the cafeteria. Both of them talk about fashion, twitter trends and so on. I didn’t respond anything, but still listening.

“Jinjinnie, what’s bugging on your mind?” Jiyeon asks, facing me straightly with her beautiful round eyes.

I smile at her, “Nothing, I just feel not in mood, maybe cause um, period?” I reason out.

Hyomin scrunches her nose, “Ayy, cheer up! Don’t let the bleed took over your mood! Where are the happy, cheerful and dgasf Hyojin, huh?”

“Dgasf?” I puzzle.

“Don’t give a single fck,” Jiyeon say aloud and smile as if the words are the sweetest thing she ever said.

I tsk, “Language, girls,”

Hyomin and Jiyeon practically choke on their own saliva when I say that.

“Ew, Hyojin, you must be really not in a good mood, I’m bye,” Hyomin laughs and I follow her suits.

“Hyooooooooominnie, waiiiite for me,” I chase over her, she already run off to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter