Chapter fifteen

Pretend Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The mind-wrecking night for the party has finally arrived. I’ve decided the dress to wear for Jihun’s party tonight. The pastel pink sleeveless dress fitted effortlessly against my body. However, the blank emotion I felt right now took over my mood. I don’t want to be weak in front of Baekhyun. Not after what he have done to my poor heart without his knowledge. I wanted to move on. It sure takes some time for that and I need to find ways in order to make those ridiculous feeling toward Baekhyun vanished for eternity in my life. To be honest, it wasn’t ridiculous at all, it is pure, pure love from the very bottom of my heart.

I apply some moisturizer, BB cream and compact powder afterwards. Red lipstick? Nah. I pick up my favorite cherry lip balm and run it through my lower lips before smack both of my lips together. It still looks pinkish and a bit glittering though. I let my hair fall down freely, feeling carefree without any complicated hairstyle. It is a just a party, not some formal events. Feeling satisfied at my own reflection, I grab my purse and leave my room.

 

“You look so beautiful, Hyojin.” Seungyoon breathes in the night air the moment our gazes collide. He waits at our porch with his hands inside his jeans pockets. He is wearing leather jacket with a white polo shirt underneath. He looks indeed handsome tonight. I couldn’t let go of my eyes from him as a smile spread on my face.

I push a strain of hair behind my ear and reply. Wow I’m probably look like the female lead in those drama hew hew.

“Thank you. You’re handsome, yourself.”

Seungyoon simply smiles at my words before gesture a hand to a car right in front of our big gate. My eyes quickly found his face with a slight bafflement.

“Your car? You’re not riding your motorbike?” I ask, like a dumb.

Seungyoon shakes his head.

“What do you expect? You’re wearing a dress, princess.” His voice pressed at the words ‘dress’ and ‘princess’.

I tap my forehead with a hand. Totally unaware of my state. Right, how could I be so embarrassing now? I let out an awkward chuckle.

“Oh right. Let’s go.”

 

--

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

The mansion is now getting packed with our school students and also from other random people that I don’t even meet before. Jihun are the host for the party while Sehun don’t even bother to greet each of the guests from his sister’s invitation. Sehun hang out with our group of friends in a bar. Meanwhile, here I am being stucked with Jinah in a corner of the spacious living room. I don’t know where she comes from though, but she says that she’ll leave this party sooner since she have another special meeting with her clique around this residential area. Too lazy to move anywhere, I decided to stay with her and of course, I need to find Hyojin. Curiosity overpowered me to find her and with who did, she comes with. No longer, from what I thought, I notice a very familiar couple at the huge entrance door.

Hyojin had a pink pastel dress hugged around her petite figure. The soft color of the dress matched perfectly with the pale skin of hers. Her long black hair that used to be tied into a bun or maybe a ponytail, is freely fall on her small shoulder. It would be a lie if I refused to admit that she’s a beauty. Oh scratch that, she is beyond gorgeous. My heart clutches in pain when she is smiling sweetly with the Seungyoon guy. And here I am, looking at them from a far pathetically.

“Hey, Baek. Isn’t that Hyojin and......wow who’s that hot guy with her?” Jinah pokes my arm, as like it isn’t obvious that I’m already looking at them for a while until now.

“Hot guy? Spare me, Jinah. I’m hotter.” An unknown guy suddenly meddles in as he sits dangerously near with Jinah. My gaze drops down from Hyojin to the unknown guy. Who the heck is he? He’s currently sitting close to Jinah at the other side of cushion. Jinah’s face crumples in disgust and she wastes no time to move away from him. He looks harmless but still, his sudden appearance maybe scares Jinah a bit. He got thick-framed glasses sets up on the bridge of his nose with a plenty grown pimples on his cheeks.

“Ew, who are you?” Jinah asks coldly. She plops herself beside me and grabs my forearm to be clung with hers.

“Aw, come on. No need to be shy. Oh- is he your boyfriend?”

Jinah leans her body to me and hugs my arm indulgently. I didn’t flinch since I know she needs to get away from the God-know-where-he’s-from guy who looks desperate for a chick.

“Yes. He’s my boyfriend. I’m taken!” Jinah spats at the guy. I watch at this commotion with an amused smile before the guy pouts sulkily and stands up from his seat to leave us alone.

“Oh gosh. He just this close to touch my bare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter