Chapter 6

Just Friends

Chapter 6

“Hey Andy!” The said man raised his head and saw Junjin with his gorgeous boyfriend by the door of the bar. The two proceeded to him and sat down to the booth. “How are you?” The tall man questioned.

Andy looked at Yeonghwa, and then Junjin, and just smiled, shrugging. He was leaning onto his hand, wanting to sleep – last night he and his hyungs had partied way too much. But of course his perfect luck – as sarcastic as that was – tested him again. He just stared at the two and yawned.

“And how are you two?” He asked.

“We’re fine!” Yeonghwa smiled, entwining his fingers with Junjin’s. “This has been much better now than it was the previous time.” He told.

Andy just nodded. He was so done with those two. The fact that he abruptly saw Park Junjin everywhere, when he had once seen him never, was already provoking. If he wanted to see Junjin, he wanted to see him alone. Without gorgeous Yeonghwa.

“I am actually waiting for my hyungs.” Andy explained. “They should be here soon.”

The ink had not even dried when three guys stood beside the table and ogled at the two new acquaintances surprised. They had met Junjin briefly once, when Eric had still worked with some other agency, but the man was still the guy who Andy slept with on the first date.

“Hi, I am Hyesung.” The pretty guy said, reaching his hand. “And these are Minwoo and Dongwan.” The two short guys waved their hands.

The maknae gestured with his arm and introduced, “This is Junjin and this is his boyfriend Yeonghwa.”

Junjin nodded and grinned, and Yeonghwa subtly bowed, and then greeted the hyungs. Hyesung and Dongwan frowned and Minwoo just chuckled, slumped down next to the youngest person and laced his arm over the shoulders. Dongwan followed him in suit and lastly Hyesung. Andy scooted over, his arm brushing to Junjin’s. The waitress appeared out of nowhere, and so did the oldest guy of the group.

“What’s up?” He interrogated. “Oh, hi Junjin.”

“Hi hyung.” Junjin waved his hand again.

“Are they the new members of our group?” the tall man asked amused, pressing his onto the sofa right next to Yeonghwa.

Andy was about to deny, but Minwoo was already way too eager about the two guys. And therefore, Junjin and Yeonghwa joined their group, just like that. Great.

                ***

 “Does it bother you?” Hyesung questioned later when they had exited the bar together.

“Does what bother?” Andy replied with another question. “That the love of my life will be there every single day and I have to see him with the guy I detest and like at the same time? No, it does not hurt.”

Hyesung could smell the sarcasm in his maknae’s voice. He could not really say anything encouraging, because in his opinion, Junjin and Yeonghwa looked very happy. They had those glimmers in their eyes when they stared at each other. Especially Junjin. He was the one more in love.

Hyesung lifted his hand onto the maknae’s shoulder and gripped it, assuring that everything could eventually turn for best and he could find someone else. Maybe this was not the story of Junjin and Andy after all. The younger man just leered at him and heaved a sigh, grabbing the doorknob of the agency. They entered the building and advanced the studio.

“You will get over him.” Hyesung said once more before they noticed that Eric and Dongwan weren’t around.

“Where are they?” Andy interrogated. “Hyung?! Where are you?” he shouted.

“Eric! Wan ah!?” Hyesung tried too.

Suddenly Eric jumped behind the weird curtain and panted. His hair was messy and the buttons of his shirt were cluttered. He eyed the two shocked and just rubbed the neck awkwardly.

“I was interested what was behind it.” He gestured towards the curtain.

“Oh.” Andy said and turned around to clean the table from photobooks and magazines.

Hyesung was about to walk towards the model, when Dongwan appeared. He pushed the shirt inside the waistband of the jeans and buckled the belt, before he lifted his head and noticed the two members of their group. Dongwan stopped.

“Oh, hi.” He spoke. “Why are you here…so early?” he questioned the two.

Hyesung frowned for several minutes, remaining silent, until he cleared his dry throat and responded, “We decided to come here since we had nothing else to do. And as Eric’s assistant, I should be where he is.”

The model chuckled.

“What were you guys doing behind the curtain?” Andy scowled.

“Oh, I just tried to move it a bit and Eric was intrigued what was hidden behind it.” The oldest guy secretly lifted his thumb up.

‘Good save.’ He mouthed.

Dongwan nodded, semi-smiled and then grabbed his camera.

It hurt how that man looked at Shin Hyesung.

It just hurt.

                ***

Minwoo had packed the last things in his bag when he stepped out from the dressing room. He switched off the lights of the corridor and proceeded to the main hall. He stopped when he saw that there was still lights in the small office.

“Ah, Wannie.” He whispered, entering the room. “You’re still here?”

The other short man turned his head at the stylist and then nodded. “Yeah. I need to get these pictures ready for tomorrow.” He explained. “How come are you still here?”

“I was preparing Eric’s outfit.” Minwoo lifted the bag a bit and then grinned.

Dongwan continued resizing and enhancing the photos, and Minwoo left. Well, he walked couple of metres, turned back around and returned the room.

“Hey…”

Dongwan looked over his shoulder.

“Would you like to have dinner with me?” Minwoo asked shyly. “I am starving and I know you are too.”

The younger man bit his lip for a second, then heard his stomach grumbling and flashed a brief and cute smile and said, “I’d love that.”