Chapter 12

Just Friends

Chapter 12

Minwoo stood by the door, smirking, when Junjin hurried up from the wet floor, wiped his and walked away from Andy. The youngest guy watched the receding back and felt his heart thudding as he had finally gotten something he had waited for a while. Yet somehow, the feeling in him was empty as Junjin hurried away from him so fast.

 

“Hey, what happened?” Minwoo asked after Junjin had nudged to his shoulder and had exited the cottage.

 

“Nothing,” Andy muttered as an answer and advanced the exit of the cottage.

 

Minwoo knew it was a lie, but he let it slide. He could read his friend’s face and it showed nothing but worry and hurt. Therefore he just shrugged and followed Andy out where Junjin was back at them, looking down at his feet, arms crossed onto his chest. He did not even budge when Andy almost stumbled onto a thick branch and grabbed a hold on Minwoo.

 

“We should go.” Eric said, hand around Hyesung’s.

 

“Agreed.” The slender man nodded.

 

Dongwan glanced at the united hands bitterly, and then approached to Minwoo. He gripped his hand around the jaw and kissed him intensely in front of everyone. The older man’s arms went around him after the several seconds of being surprised. Minwoo answered the mind-blowing kiss.

 

Eric leered at them, but turned his gaze away as soon as it had landed onto the two. He then looked down at Hyesung and the cheek gently, before he pecked the lips and they walked away from the abandoned area. Minwoo’s cheeks were red when his eyes were set to Dongwan’s. The younger man threw his arm over the shoulders and embraced him as they walked away, Andy following them.

 

                ***

 

Andy was having his afternoon nap, when his phone rang. He reached to it, still sleeping, and lifted the device onto his ear, not holding it. He just answered exhaustedly, and greeted the person eyes closed.

 

“Andy,” Junjin’s voice made Andy jump up.

 

“Junjin!”

 

“Can we talk?” The older man mumbled to the phone. “I think we need to talk.” He said.

 

Andy checked the time from the clock on the nightstand and then cleared his throat. “I need to get ready, if you can wait a bit?”

 

The man was silent on the other side but then he responded, “Yeah.”

 

                Andy wore his sweatpants and hoodie when he stepped out from the apartment and walked down the stairs. When he was outside, Junjin appeared in front of him from nowhere. He had been there ever since the phone call, Andy figured, as he pushed his hands into the hoodie pockets and stepped in front of the man who had a frown on his face.

 

“Is there a reason why you came here at this hour?” Andy interrogated.

 

“I think you know why I am here.” Junjin replied seriously.

 

Andy nodded, and then looked down at his feet.

 

“I guess I hoped we wouldn’t have to talk about it.” He murmured.

 

Junjin was staring at the younger man, his lips quivering. He could not speak now, but no words came out from his mouth and he just glared at Andy. The shorter man felt chills going down his spine, when Junjin stepped closer slowly.

 

“Andy,” he grunted, hand clutching onto the collar.

 

The said man shuddered, chills going down his spine, as his hands went onto the upper arms and grabbed a hold on them hard. The look on Junjin’s face was unreadable.

 

“Junjin, it didn’t mean anything…” Andy whispered.

 

“It meant…nothing?” the grip around the collar tightened. “Why didn’t it mean anything?”

 

Andy closed his eyes.

 

“Because you don’t want that…” he sighed.

 

He was put down fast, legs not carrying almost, as his body stumbled a bit and he was pressed to the building wall. He squeezed the lids tightly shut and held his breath. Andy could sense the arms above his shoulders, and he could feel Junjin’s breathing against his lips. But he daren’t open his eyes at all.

 

Couple seconds later Andy finally peeked through the eyelids. Junjin was goggling at him, lips parted and eyes half-lidded. His cheeks seemed darker under the cloudy sky, but Andy wasn’t sure if he had seen correctly. It was excruciatingly silent. People who walked past them chitchatted and sometimes looked at them, but that was the only noise.

 

“But the kiss…” Junjin murmured.

 

“What kiss?” Andy pretended, as he flashed a smile. “What kiss are you talking about?”

 

The taller man leered at him quickly, then cupped the face and just planted a soft kiss in the middle of the mouth. Andy was eyes-wide. Then Junjin pulled away, but did not take the hands off the cheeks, and just smiled carefully.

 

“This one.” He said, tapped the nose and walked away.

 

Andy’s heart was thudding.

 

                ***

 

Eric sat in his living room, Gomdori on his lap, while he stared at the television. It had been on for several minutes, but the man had not concentrated on it at all. His hand was absentmindedly the small dog which barked lightly on the thighs. Gomdori was certain his daddy was in his thoughts, as he did not even answer the phone.

 

And even if he had heard the phone ringing, he would not have answered it.

 

Some things were bothering him fully. One of the things was called Kim Dongwan. It was bizarre. It was odd how Eric was so bothered by the random kiss at the forest. He was happy for Minwoo, since he had waited for this moment to happen for so long, but he was also angry by it. There was something though; Eric had no idea why he felt like flipping a desk whenever he imagined Minwoo and Dongwan together.

 

Even the night Dongwan had told he and Minwoo had slept together, Eric had chosen not to answer to him. Also, his phone had died anyways.

 

“Eric?” Someone said from the foyer. “Eric ah?”

 

The model turned his head at the voice.

 

“Hyesungie?”

 

“I knew the door code. Sorry.” The younger man apologised. “I thought you read my text.”

 

Eric looked down and noticed he had the phone in his hand now. He had actually opened the message and read it. He had even started to write a reply. The tall man flashed a grin to Hyesung and realised why he could ignore the two short guys when he was occupied but thought about them whenever he was alone.

 

“Hyesungie, I love you.”