Chapter 7

Just Friends

Chapter 7:

Minwoo smiled at the waitress, slipped the wallet back into his handbag and turned towards his friend, who was sitting in the booth at the end. Dongwan chuckled when the older man sat down and passed him the special menu he had gotten from the old friend.

“Take anything you want.” Minwoo told. “I will pay.”

“Ah really?” The younger one asked, gripping the menu with both hands and scrutinizing everything. “Well then,” he started studying it.

Minwoo felt amused watching his friend choosing things but then shaking his head and mumbling that it was too expensive. Eventually the older man placed his hand onto Dongwan’s and said, “I said anything, didn’t I?” Dongwan gulped down a huge lump and nodded.

“I will take the salmon then.” He replied.

“Excellent.” The older man smiled, gestured with his hand at the waiter and waited for him to come. “We take the salmon please.” His eyes squinted adorably.

The waiter bowed, and walked away huffily, leaving the two to have some conversation. They sipped their wine, ate the earlier brought bread and chuckled lightly, dampening the awkward feeling that had lingered around them. When their food was brought, they got silent and started eating, commenting on the quality constantly. Then they stopped, and Minwoo paid.

“Hey, would you like to come over to my place and have a drink?” He questioned.

Dongwan widened his eyes. Was this a date?! Was Minwoo expecting !? Oh no! NO! He was not here with him because they were on a date! He was just having dinner with a friend! Though his cheeks did turn a bit redder from the thought of having a comfortable date with Lee Minwoo.

“Wan ah?” he woke up from his thoughts and looked at the other short man. “Would you?”

“I’d love to.” That was the only way to make the witty guy forget Eric fully.

“Awesome.”

                ***

Hyesung yawned, hand in front of his mouth, and placed his head onto the shoulder of the model. Eric glimpsed at the closing eyes and laughed, poking the head off of the shoulder. The younger man startled awake and jumped back.

“You can sleep there.” Eric said, tapping the spot.

“No, it’s ok.” Hyesung whispered and wiped off saliva.

“Do it.” The older man tugged the head and pressed it onto his shoulder. “Sleep.”

Hyesung pried himself free and shook his head, lifting his legs onto the soft armchair. He sat like a kid and looked at the tall man, trying hard not to fall asleep. But gradually the exhaust of doing paperwork invaded him and he fell all over his friend who just gave him room on his lap and put his hand onto the crown of the head and commenced it.

The little prince looked beautiful whilst sleeping. He was breathing heavily, cheeks red and puffy, eyelashes decorating them prettily. The model ogled at him, the on the crown of the head slowing down, and soon he felt himself leaning down. He was patient, slow and calm, as he was about to touch the lips. In that moment Hyesung opened his eyes wide and whispered, “You’re wearing the watch. I love it.”

                ***

“So what it is that you wanna show to me?” Dongwan interrogated, putting down the wine glass.

“Oh,” Minwoo stood up and ran towards a curtain that had been covering the wall since the guy had moved the apartment. “It is something…I’ve never showed to anyone.” He explained, grabbing the fabric softly and leering at his best friend. “Promise me…that you won’t laugh.”

The younger man nodded, smiled and stood up too, following Minwoo and waiting for the curtain to reveal what had been hidden behind it for so long. The curtain was pulled and shortly drawings of clothes and different styles were unveiled. Dongwan stepped closer to the wall and was flabbergasted. Minwoo smiled shyly, holding the curtain up.

“My dream is that someone would wear these someday.” He explained. “Only then I might be able to die.”

Dongwan stared at the drawings in awe, before he turned to his best friend. “Minwoo, those are perfect.” He complemented. “I will make sure that someone will wear those.”

“Really?” the shorter man said and stepped closer, letting the curtain slide back onto the pictures. “You’d do that?”

“I would do anything…for you.” Dongwan answered.

They turned quiet, only the clock keeping noise behind them, as Minwoo slowly began to lean in. Dongwan closed his eyes, pursed the lips and exhaled when the other lips touched his.