Chapter 4

Just Friends

No . ^^

Chapter 4

“Dongwan ah,” The said man lifted his head at the slightly older one and smiled. “Could you…imagine…us two…going out one day?” Minwoo’s cheeks became dark red once their eyes fixed to one another.

The younger man looked at the shy face and felt his mouth gradually parting and the jaw dropping. He had known that Minwoo had some sort of feelings towards him, and he had heard from many people that he would never tell about those. Dongwan cupped his face, pouted and looked somewhere pensively.

“I could see myself with you on a date.” He responded.

“A-a-ah really?!” Minwoo almost jumped up from the chair.

Dongwan chuckled and nodded, forgetting Eric for once. He stared at the dark red face of his best friend, and felt the satisfaction of making someone else smile growing inside him. Minwoo cleared his throat to pretend to be cool and then slumped down to the chair, as if trying to act hard to get once again. The younger man leered at him and then grinned.

“I thought you’d never ask me out.” He murmured.

                ***

Hyesung abruptly stopped in front of a shop and turned to look at it. He kept doing weird noises, almost resembling squeals, when the oldest man faced him. The shorter one was eyes glued to the window of the shop, when Eric looked at the thing he was staring at. Oh, some really cool and expensive watch.

“Ah, pretty.” Hyesung sighed.

“It is.” Eric agreed.

The younger man cringed and realised that he wasn’t alone, and then faced the man he had left from the bar with. Their eyes met, but Hyesung turned his away straightaway. Eric laughed and then entered the shop, not hearing the terrible gasp his friend let out. The man followed him instantly and saw him striding to the cashier and saying, “I would like to buy that watch at the window.”

Hyesung’s pale face turned dark red as he watched the cashier walk towards the window and take out the fancy wrist watch. Eric was just grinning, digging out money from his wallet, when he thanked the lady and grabbed the device without a wrapping or a box. He seized Hyesung’s hand into his and began to put on the watch when the shorter one pulled his hand away.

“What is it?” Eric asked.

“What are you doing?” Hyesung questioned.

“Umm…giving you the watch you practically salivated to?” the tall man frowned. “What? You don’t want this watch?”

The younger man rubbed his neck, and had a weird twist on his lips as he whispered, “It was not supposed to be for me.”

Eric scowled.

“I wanted to buy it for someone else.” Hyesung explained. “But I am not paid that well to get a watch like that.”

“You…you have a boyfriend?” Eric interrogated, and could not hide the shock in his voice, as his hand gripped around the expensive thing.

The shorter man moved his arms quickly back and forth and laughed awkwardly, trying to imply something with that. The model furrowed his eyebrows and tried to comprehend, but to his fortune, Hyesung mumbled, pink on his cheeks, “N-n-no, I don’t have a boyfriend.”

“Oh.” Eric blinked his eyes.

“I wanted to give it to you.” The brown orbs set to the older man’s and he was smiling. “Because it resembles the one you wore last year on a photoshoot.”

The tall man looked at the watch – which he had no recollection of -, and then commenced wrapping it around his own wrist. Hyesung was blushing even more when the hand landed onto his cheek. “Thank you, Pil Kyo ya.” Eric grinned.

                ***

Dongwan collapsed onto his back and panted loudly, eyes slowly getting closed. The blanket covered his lower body. He turned his head at the tall man and ogled at him, feeling a smile curving onto his lips. Eric was smoking – just like he always did – and barely even glanced at the younger man.

“Can you believe it…?” He started. “Hyesung remembered something like that when I had no idea that I had worn a watch like that.” he said.

“Mmm…” Dongwan scorned, not even listening, as his eyes were at the tall man’s chest.

“I mean…it was a year ago!!” Eric spoke. “No one should remember stuff like that, right?”

The smaller man nodded and kept staring at the moving lips, not saving or hearing any of the words at all. To him words weren’t important. To him, watching the man inhaling the smoke and puffing it out was enough. His heart was beating so fast. Eric chuckled.

“I should pay this to Hyesung somehow.” He said.

Dongwan’s cheeks were pink, when his sight landed onto the nose, the eyes and the hand that held the cigarette, and he exhaled softly. Eric was so handsome. He was so extraordinary. He was a perfect man from head to toe. He was a style that Dongwan loved. He loved the man’s style. He loved his character and his way of speaking. He loved how he handled him, and looked at him. He loved the man.

“Maybe I should take him out?” Eric now genuinely asked from Dongwan, who had just sat up on the bed and realised something awful.

                ***

Andy stretched his neck and rubbed the hurting part of the shoulder. He was exhausted. He had managed to wash every single container and pack every single leftover to smaller boxes. He was extremely tired now as he was plodding on the streets of Seoul, trying to find his way home. His eyes were crossing, making it hard to navigate.

Hyesung hyung had scolded him after hearing what he had done to Junjin. Well, everyone had scolded him. It had been a scold, after scold, after scold. He made a lot of mistakes, you see, and he was known as the fail in their group. That’s why he was not allowed to do anything that his brain told him to do. That was the mistake number one every time.

When he had become a chef, it had been the first great idea.

He never hated working as a chef.

He hated his bad choices.

“I hate it!” Andy shouted and kicked an empty can, aiming it at the back of someone’s head. “I HATE THEM!”

The tall man flipped around and glared at the man, before he perceived it was someone he knew. Andy was not breathing through his teeth angrily anymore, but this time he was eyes wide goggling at the taller man and his friend or date or whatever.

“Hey, Andy,” Junjin greeted.

“Hi.” Andy muttered and walked past the man who made him stop immediately.

“Did I tell you about my boyfriend Yeonghwa?” The short man was back at the two, heaving a long sigh after the deep inhale before he turned around and flashed a gorgeous smile. “We decided to get back together.”

The two lads shook hands and greeted one another with a bow. Junjin was staring at his boyfriend lovingly, making Andy feel sick everywhere. There was one of his mistakes. Right in front of him stood one of his mistakes, and he was still so damn in love with him. The young man next to Junjin was ridiculously beautiful. Everything in him was superb. No wonder Andy had lost.

“Hyung told me about his friend who gave him kimchi.” Yeonghwa told while smiling. “I would love to taste that someday.”

Andy snickered and just said, “It would be my pleasure.”

                And that was how Andy ended up bringing the love of his life and his boyfriend over to his place to give them some leftover kimchi. If his hyungs had been there – Andy was so happy that they had not made a sudden surprise visit -, they would have held him a slideshow about a mistake he had just made.