Rely On

Manly Childish

Tao just stare at the retreating back of his roommate before it completely hidden behind the bathroom door. His thought wandering back to previous scene and a bright crimson red slowly creeps up, coloring his cheeks.

 

‘Oh gosh!! What’s wrong with me??! Why in front of him of all people? I don’t even cry when Umma left…why did I cry though?? My waist actually doesn’t really hurt either… Is it because I was really sad? But what did I’m sad for?? Ughhhh…..How embarrassing!! I bet he’ll tease me forever with this. It makes me really regret it…’ Tao sighed for the umpteenth time thinking about it even though deep inside he totally feel grateful for the other.

 

In the mean time, someone had already come out from the bathroom and quietly witnessing the series of funny faces that Tao made in his confusions state. He then slowly approaches the confused male and then dumps a clean towel on top of his head.

 

 Tao let out a small shriek, startled by the sudden thing on his head. He intends to yell but stop abruptly when that someone voice caught him off guard.

 

“You’ll catch a cold, panda. Dry your hair properly and get some rest later.”

 

His hand grip the side of the towel tightly as tears once again threaten to fall, overwhelm by the other’s concern. “Hunnie.….” Tao said, trying hard to control his cracked voice. Lucky, that the towel had covered his face entirely.

 

Sehun’s ears perk up at the soft voice, feeling rather warm at the mention of his new nickname by his so-called fiancé. Truth to be told, Oh Sehun was never in his life fond to act kind to others let alone someone that he barely knows (Tao in this case).  He himself also wonders what kind of spell that the boy use to him as he acts upon reflexes at those circumstances.

 

“Yah, panda, stop it! What’s with ‘Hunnie – Hunnie’ since before? Drop that stupid nickname this instance. It’s doesn’t sound right coming from your mouth though.” Doesn’t know how to interpret the emotions that engulf him right now, Sehun chooses to feel annoyed instead.

 

‘Wha – Aish this jerk! One second he is an angle and in a blink he’s back to be a devil himself. Huh…I felt touched for nothing…’ thought Tao, bewildered at the other’s spiteful remarks. He then removes the towel from his head and glare murderously at Sehun. Doesn’t want to go down without a fight, he quickly thinks a way to annoy the devil much more.   

 

“Ahhh…is that so….in that case, from now on I will call you Hunnie~ Isn’t it lovely, Hunnie-yah? Thanks for that brilliant suggestions”, Tao retorted sarcastically.

 

“Yah, you ungrateful kid, don’t you dare making fun out of my name.”

 

“Don’t want to ~~”, replied Tao in teasing tone. “Hunnie-yah~ Sehunnie~ Hunnie~ Hunn –”

 

He pauses as he tries to peek at Sehun reaction. Right then, the last syllable ‘nie’ only come out from him as a whisper. Standing there not too far from him was Oh Sehun with a creepy smirk plastered on his handsome face. The said male slowly takes a step forward. Sensing a black and dangerous vibe from the other, Tao cautiously take a few step backward until his back press against the wall.

 

‘Oh ’

 

“What was you said earlier, panda? Mind if you repeat it?” Sehun asked, twitching his eyebrows.

 

“I….it’s not like… no…I mean –“, stuttered Tao in his speech.

 

Sehun step slowly, clearing the gap between them until their face only inches from each other. Tao shut his eyes tightly as he feels that the other suddenly leans dangerously close to him and he could feel a trickling breath near his neck.

 

Sehun smirk smugly at Tao’s reaction. “Why? Cat gets your tongue, kid?”, he whispered seductively near the latter ear.

 

Cannot stand the sudden goose bumps he got, Tao pushes Sehun aside with all his might. His face is unexpectedly red, mix of anger and embarrassment. “Y –yah I’m not a kid!! I was a few month older than you, you should call me ‘hyung’ instead! And..and…I will call you Hunnie no matter what!!” ‘Ughh…really great Tao! What’s with that comeback???!! Congratulation for embarrassing yourself again’   

 

Sehun was shocked at first at the sudden pushed (cause no one ever pushes and mess with the Almighty Sehun). His shocked expression turned to somewhat amused before he rolling his eyes at Tao’s ridiculous outburst. “Whatever… I give up.” He said stoically and let out a heavy sigh. “I’m going out for a while.”

 

Tao heard the door being open after a few moments. ‘Thanks God he’s leaving’ he thought.

 

 But before the door was shut completely, Sehun voice boomed again with a hint of sarcastic remark, “Get rest ‘hyung’~”. With that being said the door was forcefully shut with a loud thud and Tao couldn’t be more furious as he grab the nearest water bottle and throw it at the door, imagine it was Sehun face on it.

 

Little did he know, there is a really wide smile tugging the Poker Face Oh Sehun’s lips at that moment. ‘Huang Zitao…. You really are something, panda’ and his smile become wider at the thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Tao woke up from his nap when he heard some knocking at the door. Assuming that it was Sehun outside, he just ignores it till a familiar voice made him jolt awake.

 

“Tao baby, are you in there? It’s me and Kris. Can we come in?”

 

“Neh, Suho hyung. Just come in, the door isn’t lock.”

 

In a moment Tao could see Suho come in follows by Kris behind.

 

“Hello there, Tao. Are you taking a nap? We’re sorry to disturb.”Kris said, while Suho’s eyes busy scanning his baby from head to toes.

 

“Hi, Kris hyung. Nah, it’s fine. I’m just about to awake anyway.”

 

“Tao-yah…I heard about the commotion at the gym this morning. Are you…alright? Did you hurt somewhere?” Suho asked full of concern.

 

“Nah, it’s nothing hyung. Look, I’m still alive and kicking.” Tao replied and made some kicking moves.  As a result, he’s once again wincing in pain.

 

“Oh gosh, Tao-yah, why did you do that?” Suho hurriedly to his side seems panic.

 

“I’m okay hyung, really”, replied Tao, pretend to be alright.

 

“Yah, don’t be stubborn will you?!! How come you said you’re okay when your face showed otherwise??” Suho slightly raised his voice, before he sighed in regret upon seeing Tao shocked face. “I’m sorry Tao baby… It’s not that I’m angry with you….but…why don’t you trust and rely on us? Even if you being hurt or sad or happy, just so you know, we’re always here for you”

 

“….Suho hyung…Kris hyung…I’m…just…sorry….” Tao was unable to utter any word. ‘I just don’t want to be a burden’, he talked in his mind as he looks at both Suho and Kris, eyes glistening with tears.

 

“Hey, what with that face? You silly boy….Come here, we’ll give you a little hug” Kris said as he promptly hugging Tao with Suho.

 

Tao has tightened the hug, as he felt that his tears fall freely. ‘It’s like this. The reason I felt sad and cried before was because I thought that everyone couldn’t stand me…didn’t bother about me, even to extent of just simply hating me…but this… I felt very touched…and happy…really. Is it alright to feel like this Umma? I really miss you Umma…but I’m glad I’ve been here, in this dorm, meeting this people and also meeting Oh Sehun.’

 

Later that night, after a deep and serious self-thinking, Tao had decided what to do next morning to solved his ‘so-called bullying’ problem once and for all.

 


Hi Guys~

Sorry for the long wait and short update >_<

Thanks to subscribe and comments <3<3