It's Over (Part 1/2)

Manly Childish

“Tao-yah! Sehun-ah! Here! Joined us!” Suho shouted and waved as he spotted those two wandered around cafeteria to find an empty seat.   

Tao saw a waving Suho with Kris who sit across him. Together with Sehun, he approached them and let out a sigh of relief, “Aahh, finally…… Thanks Suho Hyung! I almost sitting on the floor to eat,” said Tao. He took the seat next to Suho while munching his cookies.

“…. On the floor? Why?”  Suho frowned as he leans forward to wipe some cookies crumbs at the corner of Tao mouth using his thumbs. The intimate gesture doesn’t skip Sehun’s eyes. He can see how Tao slightly blushed at the sudden contact. He then chooses to ignore a sudden prickle in his left chest.

Tao seems confused with Suho’s questions. “Yeah, on the floor, Seh –” Tao stopped his explanation abruptly when realization hit him. ‘Damn! I’ve been tricked!’ Tao look daggers at Sehun, silently cursing the slightly younger male.

Sehun notice the looks Tao gave to him. “What??” he asked, flashed his infamous smirk before he continued, “It’s not like I asked or forced you to eat on the floor, right? I just simply stated that you can sit and eat on the floor because as a panda yourself, you don’t have any perseverance when it comes to foods.”

“…..meanie…..” Tao pouted in defeated. He can’t deny the fact that he will literally let go off everything when foods involved, especially his favorites.

The four of them then finished their lunch with a few word changing between Suho and Tao regarding Tao’s class and such. Both Tao and Sehun bid goodbye to their hyungs when Suho was dragged by Kris after he gave his final word to Sehun; something about being nice and good to his baby.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun halt his steps before he reach his seat. “Hey, what on earth is this?” He asked no one in particular upon saw a messed up desk and a frozen Tao.

Tao held his breath for a moment trying to calm his nerves. ‘so…it’s like this…it’s must be those guys from this morning’. Tao sighed. His desk was covered with messed red ink and ripped notes were scattered everywhere. ‘! The notes are all ripped’.

He then notice something among all the messed. He bend down to pick it up, show it to Sehun and said apologetically, “Sorry….the notes that you lent to me are totally destroyed.”

Sehun stare emptily at his destroyed notes. “Who has the guts – “. Before he finishes his word, some chatting noise had been heard before it turned into rattle footsteps.

“Jay-ssi! Jun-ssi! Jin-ssi!!! Stop right there!!!!” Sehun shouted in rage. He storm off the class as fast as lightning to chase out those three troublemakers.

Tao just stood there, a bit startled by Sehun’s sudden outrages. ‘Never ever touch Sehun’s stuff without his permissions, let alone destroy it’, Tao made a mental noted to himself. He was in the mid of clearing his desk when someone approached him.

“Let me help.”

Tao lift his head. A slightly shorter male with a pairs of big round eyes comes to his views. “Ah, thanks!” Tao voiced his gratitude at the offer.

“I’m sorry for what happened…”, said the shorter male before he continued, “Those guys actually means no harm. They were always like that, but I admit that their pranks this time was off the limit. Perhaps, it’s because you turned out to be so different of what they had imagined, but to destroy Sehun’s notes on top of that, they do deserve Sehun’s enraged.

Tao just listened and nodded at the explanation at first but then he snap, “Why me instead? Can they leave me alone? Why it always be me?!!” he unconsciously let out his frustration. He noticed that the other was a bit shocked by his sudden outburst. He then cleared his throat, “But… I still want to thank you. I’m just happy that you thought of helping”. Tao flashed his genuine smile.

“Ah…it’s a relief then. By the way, I’m Kyungsoo.” The other introduces himself. He then fidgeting for a while before he continued, “Mmm..It’s really not my place to say, but about your ripped notes, I think I can lend mine to you…you can photo-copy it for Sehun too…” Kyungsoo paused, looked at Tao for a response before he quickly added, “Only if you want it.”

“Huh? Really?! That’s great!!” Tao chirped happily. ‘This way I won’t have to be so apologetic towards Sehun anymore.’  He suddenly grabs Kyungsoo hands, holds it in between his own and said, “Kyungsoo-yah, let’s be a lifelong friend!”

Kyungsoo on the other hand look so amused by Tao’s antics. He let out small chuckles before he said, “You really are weird and funny guy.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After dinner, a very loud and bright laughter come from one person can be heard throughout the cafeteria lounge.

“Is that so…So that’s was happened! I was just wondering why the classroom at the north side was so noisy this afternoon.” The person continued to laugh.

“Suho-yah, you are laughing too much. You’re only making him even more depressed.” Kris said, handed a mug of hot choc to Tao, much to his liking.

“Thanks, hyung. You’re the best!”

“So, what happened to Sehun after that?” Kris asked.

“I didn’t know. He just left without any traces. And he’s not even back yet.”

“Aiyaaa, what a waste! It’s been a long time since I’ve seen he’s in action.” Suho said after his laugh subdue.

“He was scary though.” ‘Like a monster’ Tao shivered when he remember Sehun’s face that time. “It was more like a one sided torture session for them”, he added.

“But Tao-yah, two things may result from this. First, they will seek revenge on you again, and second, they’ll be too afraid to come near you as it like Sehun is supporting you.” Suho spoke his thought, his tone of voice become serious out of sudden.

Three of them become silent for a moment, seems agree to Suho’s thought.

“To my knowledge, you have the ability to make people like you, Tao-yah. You shouldn’t be dislike”, said Kris.

“That’s right”, agreed Suho. “Have you ever considered that it could be your fault that they are acting this way? Why don’t you find some time and try to talk to them nicely, perhaps things can be settled easily by then.” he added.

Tao looks at his hyungs, bewildered. “Why it must be me? Why should I be the one to go and try to please them? I’m not the one who is wrong. In fact, I’ve done nothing wrong!”

Both Kris and Suho can’t say anything at Tao sudden outburst, they are totally speechless.

‘Ah…that is why. Although he looks cute and vulnerable, he has a strong personality and also full of pride. No wonder he got into conflict with those idiotic bunch. Now it will get more tiring’, concluded Suho in his mind.

Tao is seen in deep thinking state before he suddenly throws a question, “Hyungs – don’t tell me that – do I really look so weak? – so weak to the extent that the most ordinary guy feels he can bully me?” Tao look at his hyungs expectantly but –

“…………………………..” He only received an awkward silent. Honestly, both Kris and Suho were unable to deny it.

 “I’m going back to my room now. Good night, hyungs.” Tao stand up abruptly, his shoulders slumped and looks so dejected.

“If I were to say that he gives people around him the desire to protect him, would he be more furious?” Suho asked, his eyes following his baby figure till it disappears at one of the corner.

“Uh..about that…who knows –“ Kris answered, unsure himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bam! Bam!

‘What the – ‘, Tao jolted awake from the banging sound. He then heard a rustled of keys before the door cracked opened. Through the dim light, he catches a familiar figure on his eyes.

“Oh,, you’re back” Tao croaked. His voice is husky, evidence that he just woke up from deep sleep. ‘What time is it now?’, he glance at his table clock that indicate it was already half past one in the morning, way too late for curfew. ‘Where he had been this whole time? Isn’t this building had been locked out? How did he enter?’ Tao can only ask in his mind, too tired and sleepy to decipher it into words. He let out a yawn and blinks several times, tried to stay awake.

Sehun like always just stare at him, wearing his usual poker face. Without any words, he slowly approaches the other’s bed, lift his right hand and put it above Tao’s head and pad it gently.

“Panda, be a good boy and get back to sleep……”, he said soothingly as trying to coaxing a little kid to sleep.

Strangely enough, Sehun’s trick really made Tao eyelids becomes heavy and within a second he already fast asleep. In the middle of his sleep, he could feel his bed dipping, signaling that someone lying beside him. As tired and sleepy he is, he choose to ignore it and continue his journey to La La Land.

 

 

 

 

 

The blaring sounds of the alarm early in the morning make Tao winced and silently cursing at his obedient and innocent alarm clock. He slammed his hand down the clock and rolling over to snuggle to his warm bolster. It feels like his bolster grows a pair of hands as it sneak to his waist and pulling him closer.

 Tao almost drifting back to sleep when he suddenly remembering something important, ‘since when did I have a warm bolster?’ He flutters his eyes open and at that moment he really wished that what he’s doing and seeing right now is solely a dream. A bad one.

Groaning, he pushed himself off the other and hopped off the bed quickly. He gives a punch out of reflex. Surprisingly, Sehun doesn’t even move or stir and continue sleeping soundly. Tao looks annoyed as he stomps off to the bathroom grudgingly.   

 

 

Both of them arrive at their class in time with Sehun still in his daze and sleepy state. The first period was like a living hell for Sehun as he tried to stay awake even though Tao witnessed him dropped his head several time throughout the lessons.

Fortunately a second period is PE class much to his pleasure since he never participated in any of physical activities as he think it wasted and drained his energy. After all he never likes sweat. He goes to his usual spot and takes a nap, oblivious about the three pairs of eyes that look at his disappearing figure with much pleasure.

 


Its kind of late but,

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015! ^_^

Hope this year would be really good for all of us~