It's Over (Part 2/2)

Manly Childish

After changed to his PE clothes, Tao looks for Sehun everywhere, but nothing like Sehun’s figure catches his views. 

“Tao-yah, come here”. Kyungsoo waved and asked him to come when he notice Tao wandering alone like a lost lamb. Tao smile in delight as he spots Kyungsoo who is seen talking with someone.

“Kyungsoo, have you seen Sehun anywhere? I couldn’t find him….” Tao asked, unconsciously pouted a little.

“ Woah, what a nice view.” A sudden voice make Tao flinched. “May I know who are you, cutie pie?” a handsome and tall male with tanned complexion came forward, trying to hold his hands. Tao freak out. He quickly steps backward and hiding behind Kyungsoo for a shield.

“Yah, you freak him out, you idiot!”  Kyungsoo smacked his friend head as he notice how shock Tao was with his sudden gesture.

“Oww!! The hell Kyungsoo! I’m just joking, J.O.K.I.N.G.” said the male rubbing his sore spot.

“What kind of joke was that?!!  You literally jump on him!” Scowled Kyungsoo, his hand was ready to hit at the same spot. His friend quickly jumps away and made some weird and awkward defense posture. Suddenly they heard a laughing sound. Both of them stop their bickering sessions as they look at Tao who seems enjoying himself very much.

“Both of you are funny. Look at his posture, it was epic!” said Tao, his hand pointed at Kyungsoo’s friend, still laughing out loud.

“Aahh…you laugh!” Kyungsoo’s friend sounds amused. “Tao, isn’t it? I’m really sorry about that just now”, apologized the male, looks a bit guilty and embarrassed. “I’m Kai, his one and only childhood friend, the best of friend ever”, said Kai, boasting his friendship with Kyungsoo. “It’s almost time to my next class. Nice meeting you Tao! Bye Kyungsoo! Love you!” Tao could see how red Kyungsoo become when this Kai guy suddenly kiss his cheek before sprinted to his next class.

“Pretend you don’t see that. He always like that” Kyungsoo said trying hard to hide his red face. “...about Sehun, he’s at his usual spot I guess. He never shows up during PE class anyway. Come, let’s go to the gym.”

Upon entering the gym, Tao and Kyungsoo could see that their classmates are in the mid of making a team for 3 per group by their teacher, Mr. Choi instructions.

Tao look at Kyungsoo, fidgeting to ask whether they can be a group.

“Uummm, kyun –“. He stopped abruptly when some of his classmates beat him to it.

“Kyungsoo lets joined us. We short one person here!” said the group from his left side.

“No, we’ve been a great team before. He definitely joined us!” shouted group from the other side.

“What to do….”, Kyungsoo began to speak. He glance at Tao’s somewhat pleading looks. ‘Cute’, he thought and smile before he continued, “Thanks guys! But sorry, we also short one person here”. He suddenly grabs and link his hand to Tao’s, indicate that they’ve already form a group.

Tao, who feel really touched by Kyungsoo actions, smile widely at him. He then turn to his classmates and said to them “Sorry, he’s taken”, still smiled happily.

Oblivious to Tao, his classmates seems flustered and mesmerized by his smile charms, and Kyungsoo eagle’s eyes caught it. He then comes near Tao.

“Tao-yah, I think your smiling face is beautiful. Try smiling more to others even it’s a fake one. Your smile would be very effective”, whispered Kyungsoo before he left to talk to other classmates.

“Huh?” Tao stare at a leaving Kyungsoo, dumbfounded. ‘That should be referring to Kyungsoo himself, shouldn’t it? If one were as cute and squishy as him, definitely everyone would like him, right? There’s no way if I’m compare to him. What with this talk suddenly?’ Tao seems lost in his thought. He only comes to earth when he heard some obnoxious voices talking to him.

“Hello there, our dear Tao Tao.”

Tao turn his head to the coming voices. ‘It’s them again. What do they want this time?’ Tao stare at them intensely.

“Oh, what with the fierce looks? Where is your guardian, Oh Sehun?” one of them pretend to asked.

“Owwwwh….Poor little Tao, its looks like he’s not here, doesn’t he?” taunted the other.

“Its look like you has a new friend. Be careful and don’t get hurt today” They mockingly warned Tao before they leave as they saw Kyungsoo approaching with someone behind him.

“Hey, are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked Tao who look a bit tensed.

“Yeah..” Tao answered. He notices the other guy behind Kyungsoo and look at him questioningly.

“Oh, hi Tao! I’m Jackson. You see, I’ve been ditching by my friends there, so please let me in this group, please….please…pretty please……”. Tao just stare at the desperate looks on that Jackson guy then he look at Kyungsoo, deem some explanations.

“Haha…The seven of them are always together…”Kyungsoo started. “Considering the fact that today we have to form 3 people per group, one of them should voluntarily go to other group. But they decided to play a game and since he lost in rock-paper-scissors, he’s not been ditched but being kicked out of the group.” Kyungsoo explained while laughing at Jackson.

Tao just nod at Kyungsoo explanation. Jackson keeps blabbering nonstop about his friends being mean and unfair and Tao find it amusing. He then extends his hand, welcoming Jackson to their group. Jackson look at Tao’s extending hand happily, grabs it and said excitedly, “Oh my god! You’re so nice and cute, just like our Jinyougie”.

“Ah, thanks I guess. And you’re so weird” Tao said bluntly and Jackson who was so excited, doesn’t even effected by Tao’s word.

“Alright kids,” Mr. Choi shouted after he blew his whistle. “I’ll believed you’re already formed your group. We’ve learned the theory before, and the last few weeks you’ve learned how to do passing, dribbling and such. As of today, we’re going to play 3-3 basketball games. Decide who’s going to be a center, a guard or a forward within your team.  Each team will play 10 minutes per game. So for warming ups, run three laps around this gym, NOW!”

“What?? Three laps?!! The hell –”. Jackson cursing word hanged there as Mr. Choi interrupted.

“I’ve heard you Jackson. Keep running or it will be my pleasure to add few laps just for you”.

Jackson widens his eyes at the sudden announcement. “NOooo…. – I mean, YES SIR!!!”, shouted Jackson before he sprinted and dragged along Kyungsoo and Tao. His little drama earned a big laughter from their classmates. Tao could see that Jackson’s group of friends either just shake their head or face palm their self in embarrassment. He chuckled at the sight.

The gym was kind of huge, so running three laps proven to be quite hard. By the third laps most of the students dropped on the floor, panted hardly, including Jackson, as well as Kyungsoo.

“Wow, Tao-yah, your stamina is quite good!” complimented Kyungsoo. Jackson just nodded in agreement. He suddenly squeaks when an idea struck his head. Both Tao and Kyungsoo look at him expectantly. Jackson pointed at Tao first, “Since you’re the tallest among us, you’ll be the center. Kyungsoo will be the guard and I’m going to be forward,” lastly he pointed at himself, felt proud of his idea.

 

Some of students including three of them sitting on nearer bench watching another group performed while waiting for their turns. Being a Jackson, he always too excited whenever someone (especially his group of friends) is shooting or scoring. He shouted, squeaked or clapped like a seal while jumping around unnecessarily. Much to Kyungsoo surprised, Tao seems enjoyed his new friend’s antics and occasionally joined him in clapping and jumping. They also laughing too much as they think it were funny when some of their classmates dodge and run from the ball as it was some virus. By the time their turn to play, Jackson and Tao both looks beaten up already.

“Yah, Jackson, Tao get a grip! I’ve told you before to just sit and watch quietly, but you unnecessarily wasted your energy and drag Tao into it.” scolded Kyungsoo playfully pointed at Jackson.

“Chill Kyungsoo, we’re full of energy, right Tao?” Jackson mischievously wink at Tao and they high five-ing each other before laughing. ‘Both of you get along well… too well actually.’ Kyungsoo can’t help but to glare murderously at both of his childish friend.

Kyungsoo then walk to the court with Jackson and Tao in tow. They still joking and fooling around along the way. Their little fun interrupted when someone purposely walked by past them and bump Tao’s shoulder a little too hard. Tao yelp at the sudden encounter.

“Oops, sorry… Ahh..Are you alright, Tao-ssi?                                                                                                      

Tao heard some snickers after his name being mention. He sigh silently as he knew those voices belongs to.

“Yah, what’s with you guys?” Jackson asked in defense after making sure Tao is alright.

“Shesshh, relax Jackson. It was an accident. Besides Jin apologized, didn’t he? We’ll be careful next time. See you in the games. ” Jay smile as he spoke and walked past them with his friends in tow.

Oblivious to Jackson and Kyungsoo, Tao sense a mocking tone despite their somewhat sincere apologies and he also notice a glint of smirk behind their masking smile. He feels uneasy. Every time he feels that way, nothing goods ever happen. Tao knows better.

True to Jay’s words, they meet again as his team will be playing as Tao’s opponent team. Tao looks around him at the court. By the looks of it, Jay took up the center position same as him, Jin with Jackson and Kyungsoo small frame totally hidden behind Jun. Both the center player stand with back against each other and throw rock-paper-scissors to decided the team position.   Jay easily beat Tao in rock-paper-scissors and the teams immediately switched into their respective offense and defense mode.

As expected, Jay scores the first point for his team. Jackson catches the ball for an inbound throw and passes it to Tao. He received the ball before Jay made a swift dash in front of him and smirk in triumph. Tao dribbles to the left escaping Jay’s mark in a flash and passing to Kyungsoo who moves forward to receive the ball and quickly going for a three pointer shoot. Within a second they got two points ahead.

“Nice one, Kyungsoo!” Jackson shouted from a far. Kyungsoo just grin and make a V sign before resume back to his defense position.

Jay seems mad. His team was triggered by the current situation and they started to play rough and aggressive. They will purposely run and bump harshly into their opponent either in defense or offense mode.  

The game continues with Jay’s team leading the score thanks to their dirty trick throughout the games. However, despites their disadvantages, Tao, Kyungsoo and Jackson teams have done rather an excellent job in interfering their throws and passes.

There were only a few minute left when it happened. Tao has the ball and turn around to pass to the others but Kyungsoo and Jackson has been mark.  Too tired to dribble the ball himself, Tao make a quick decision and position himself to aim his three pointer shooting range. Unfortunately the moment he leaps to shoot, he felt a strong body collide with his own. Hard. The sudden collisions send Tao off guard. He tried to balancing his body and landing on his foot, but luck never on his side. He lost his footing and landing with a loud thud; back body first. Before his fall he could see Jay keep the ball with the corner of his lips curved upwards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile at some corner of isolated room, one person is hardly getting any nap. He keep rustling to the left and right in order to ease a sudden bad feeling that bugged him since earlier. Giving up his intention to sleep, he decides to leave his spot and going back to the gym where his PE class being held. Upon entering the gym, he heard some commotion at the center of the court. Being the cold person he is, the situation doesn’t give him slightest interest, but then he heard some familiar name being shouted in worry tone.

“Tao !!!!!”

Out of reflex, he turns his whole body to the source of commotion. From where he stand he could see someone was helplessly lying on the floor and two of his classmate rushing towards that someone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Tao, are you okay? Can you get up?”Kyungsoo asked with concern. Jackson stands next to Kyungsoo with eyes full of worry.

Y-yes I think so,” answered Tao weakly before he groaned in pain at the sudden sting around his waist when Jackson trying to lift him up.

“Yah, what’s wrong? Jackson startled at the sudden groan. He then put back Tao at the floor and examines his injury. “Are sure you’re okay?” he asked again, worried. Tao just nod in reply, but his face shows otherwise. Everybody seemed to pass it off as an accident, but Tao know that Jay and his friends is trying to get back at him for some reason that he cannot figure out yet.

On the other hand, Jay, Jin and Jun seem bewildered at the situation.

“Jay-ah, don’t you think that you’ve gone too far with that? He looks so much in pain,” Jin whispered, felt a tiny bit of guilty.

“Yah, don’t blame it on me! We’re in this together, remember?!!” Jay whispered back in harsh tone. He beams a murderous glare at his friend.

“Cut it out, Jay. I believe he doesn’t mean it that way. But we’re lucky that Mr. Choi is nowhere in sight. It will be a pain in the to reason out to him.” Jun interfered, tried to ease the tension. “We better leave befo –

“What happened here?”

The three troublemakers shiver at the boom of voice. They slowly and carefully retreat to the back, trying to escape when the same voice boom again.

“Care to explain to me, Jay-ssi?

Without wasting any time, those three scurried away in the speed of light as they cursed inwardly, ‘Damn you, Oh Sehun!’

“Wait – “ ‘Aish,,, those idiots, I’m just trying to ask’ thought Sehun, bewildered by their action. The sounds of whimper reach his ears. He then notices Tao on the floor scrunching his face seems in pain while holding his waist.

“Hey panda, what’s wrong?” Sehun softly asked as he comes next to Tao and squat down to his (Tao) level. Tao flinch at the closeness but feel a bit relief at the sight of Sehun. However when Sehun try to hold him, he scoot away warily, suddenly feels small and hopeless. Insecurities evident in his eyes.

“Don’t touched me, just leave me alone!” warned Tao weakly. Sehun just ignore him completely as he asks Jackson and Kyungsoo to help him.

“Both of you, lend me a hand to put this prick on my back. I’ll take him to infirmary. Inform Mr. Choi when he gets back”.

“Don’t bother me…Yah! I told you –

“Shut up, panda! You’re annoyingly loud! So noisy.” With that being said, Sehun rush to the exit. Tao squirming on his back, trying to break free from the others hold but to no avail as he only could hissing from the pain.

"Yah, put me down, you idiot!" he shouted after all his effort to break free fail.

“Idiot?!! You’re calling me that even after I rescued you when you hurting your back and just about to cry back then? I’m even giving you a privilege to ride on my back…” Sehun said solemnly, faking his voice.

“W –what?? Tao flustered. He then hit Sehun back repeatedly.

“Yah, why did you hit me? Sit still or I’m going to throw you down there”, warned Sehun as he purposely loose his grip when they pass by a staircase.  Surprising enough, his trick succeeds. Tao obediently sit till on his back and grab him tightly. ‘Won’t things be easier if you just listen to me from the beginning’ Sehun thought.

“Hunnie….” Tao suddenly spoke. His breath tickling the other’s neck. Sehun want to snap at the ridiculous nickname, but stop his intentions when Tao continue with his broken voices, "It hurts."

"I know it does," Sehun replied, tightening his hold on the boy's thighs.

“B –but its hurt so much” Tao continue to wailed.

“It was happened already. There’s nothing you can do about it.” Sehun tried to soothe him. “Yah, don’t cry in such places. If you continue to grab me tightly and cried like that, you’re going to damp my uniform.”

“That’s why I ask you to put me down.” mumbled Tao, still sobbing.

“Sheshh…forget it. It’s going to be sent for wash anyway,” replied Sehun nonchalantly.

They finally arrive at infirmary and fortunately the nurse, Mrs. Jang was there to tend his injury.

“Oh boy, what’s happened?” asked the nurse in concern and they began to explain to her.

Apparently, there’s nothing to worry because Tao only suffer from muscle shock but his back was going to left a bruises in the next few hours. Both of them decided to left school and going back to the dorm after the treatment. 

 


Hello guys~

Thanks for all subscribers ^______^

Sorry that you have to wait long to read this crappy chapter >.<

***about basketball things, sorry if it's not real. i really didn't know how to describe the action when they play though. i hope it's done well~