Friend or Foe

Manly Childish

“Explain to me what exactly happened?” Suho demanded in firm voice, flashing his sickening sweet smile that give out a chilly and creepy vibe to both Sehun and Tao.

Sehun and Tao had been summoned to Suho’s room because of commotions they caused that early morning.  Meanwhile Kris sit at the corner busy tending the injured person who was the main reason they are here now.

“It was him who threw that water bottle”, Sehun claimed as he pointed at Tao.

“No! It was you who threw the bottle at me first!” Tao retorted in defend.

“Who told you to kick me? It’s twice to be exact. But the point is, it was you who threw the bottle towards Chanyeol hyung.” Sehun stated his reason flatly, showing his usual poker face.

“Is it true Tao-yah?” Suho asked. He glance at Tao who still trying to defend himself. Suho already know who the real culprit is. He knew his mischievous cousin like the back of his hand.

“B-but when I woke up this morning, it’s you – with me – sle….” Tao paused, widened his eyes in realization. ‘What am I about to say? Sleep with me??!! Am I crazy??? Ugghhh, stupid Oh Sehun!! He was the one who sneaked into my bed last night.’ Tao’s face suddenly becomes hot, shaking his head furiously at that thought.

‘That blushing face again. It’s cute though……C– CU – CUTE!!! What the heck am I even think??!!’ Sehun was amused at his own thought.  He then showing his infamous smirk and started his scheme. “Why did you stop? What were you trying to say? What did I do with you? Sehun asked, feign innocence. Sehun really did climbed to Tao’s bed last night as he felt really cold (who told him to switch on air-cond at full blast when it was raining outside)and he thought it was normal since he only found the warmest and comfy place on Tao’s bed.

Tao stares at him in disbelief. He open and close his mouth several time, try to speak but no words come out. Then he let out a frustrated sigh, feeling somewhat unfair. His eyes suddenly feel sting as he really closed to tears when suddenly Suho come and smacked Sehun head much to Tao’s surprises.

“Aaahhhhh, hyyuuunngg!!” Sehun whined, shocked by the sudden hit.

“I knew it’s you who started it.” Suho glared at Sehun before he continue, “However can’t you two stop quarrel early in the morning? It hasn’t been a week since both of you rooming together and this was happened. You guys better apologize to Chanyeol. If this happen again, I will surely give you severe punishment and make you guys mop the whole cafeteria.”

“Sehun-ah why don’t you treat it as if you were taking care of disobedient cat and bear with it?” suggested Kris, smiling sheepishly. He already finishes tended Chanyeol and tried to speak his thought. 

“But hyung, a cat doesn’t usually talk back and he is not a cat. He is a panda, a wild and uncivilized one”, Sehun stated the fact and glance over a leaving Tao.

Tao slowly approached Kris and the injured person who he believes was Chanyeol hyung.

“Kris hyung, does he alright?”Tao asked, sound worry.

“Yup, he only has a little bump on his forehead, nothing serious, right Chanyeol?” asked Kris to Chanyeol in order to assured Tao.

“Umm…Chanyeol hyung, does it hurt?” Tao asked hesitantly before he continues to apologize sincerely, “I’m really sorry, I haven’t thought that you would suddenly appear right there and I didn’t expect the bottle would hit your head directly.”

“I’m okay, you don’t have to worry. It’s basically my fault too since I’m the one who barged in.” Chanyeol lift up his head when he realized that the younger squatted down to examined his injury. When their eyes met for a second, Chanyeol suddenly pinched Tao’s cheeks and hugged him tightly before he let out a delightful squeal.

“Omo, you’re soooo cuuuuuteeeeeee!!!!!!!!!”

Sudden changes of Chanyeol behavior scare the out of Tao. He struggled to free himself from Chanyeol tight grip before he threw a punch out of reflex. That punch has succeeded to loosen the grip. Tao took the chances to hurriedly leave and storm out of the room.

‘What was that for?’  Tao’s heart beating so fast that he bet someone will hear it. To say that he was shocked is understatement. He was totally terrified by that.

“Yahh! What have you done with my baby?!!” Suho shouted at Chanyeol who still daydreaming after got punched.

“Doesn’t he cute, Suho-yah? Don’t you see his eyes when he apologized just now? It was so sparkling like….a kick puppy!!! A cute and adorable one!!  I’ll surely tell Baekkie about him later”, said Chanyeol excitedly still remembered that image vividly in his mind.

Sehun who witnessed the scene from a far finally said, “I’ve only noticed that he looks really terrified before. You with your weird …..Eww, you’re disgusting, hyung”. Sehun scrunched his face in disgust before he also left the room following his panda.

‘What a troublesome’, Suho and Kris just shook their head in unison and sigh deeply.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tao got back to his room to get ready for school. Sehun also arrived to their room a moment later. The two of them just stood against each other awkwardly before Sehun grab his towel and storm off to the bathroom like nothing happened.

 ‘Umma…I really thought that I would be able to get along with Sehun nicely, but now that just seems to be a dream…What with that Chanyeol hyung earlier?!  He seems nice but who thought that he is actually a ert!!! .Suho and Kris hyung are really nice to me, but I can’t trust them too much, can I? Suho hyung was Sehun’s cousin after all’, Tao sighed in defeated. He closed his eyes for a moment.  It seems that he just accumulated a lot of pressure by thinking about it too much.

“Hey panda, ready yet? We better get going” Sehun noticed the stress and tension aura emitted by Tao. Tao has been really quite and it strangely affected Sehun so much.  

“Yeah, let’s go.” Even though they are not getting along yet, Tao still feel grateful as Sehun is thoughtful enough to not leave him alone. He smiles a little at the thought and Sehun miss this.

Sehun still in his own thought, searching idea to bother Tao as the silent suffocated him. ‘Why it bother me so much? Why do I even care?’ Sehun let out a deep sight that got caught by Tao. Tao stare at him with looks of concern in his eyes.

Sehun realize it and quickly masking it up with his usual poker face before he let out a playful remark, “Same school, same class, same room….Any time that I can spend away from you is considered precious.”

Tao can’t believe his ears for the remark. “Yahh, it supposed to be my line!! I feel exactly the same way about this. What even worse is even our classroom seat is one behind the other!! Tao retorted back, stubbornly disagree with Sehun.

“Ohhoo, welcome back, panda!” Sehun suddenly said and padded Tao’s shoulder. ‘I like you better this way. Your stubbornness and loud voices suite you the most’, he thought.

Tao confused by the action but choose to just ignore it. “Umm…Have you been taking note in class?” asked Tao to Sehun. He needs to borrow notes and such to be able to adapt the lesson.

“Treat me a pizza after school”

“………”

“Who want to lend the notes to you for free?” Sehun explain flatly as he noticed the confused Tao.

Tao scrunched his face at the answer. ‘Isk.. Stingy jerk!!!’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tao enter the class first, leaving a stingy Sehun behind. On his way to his sit Tao notice someone’s belongings already conquered his space. He looks around to find the person when suddenly three sinister voice approaches his ears.

“Looks who is here. Its look like his Knight is late today.”

 “Owhh, poor boy,,Look at him, so quiet and weak, not even dare to defend himself”

“Things might get bad if we bully him any further.”

And then they laugh.

‘Knight?who?? weak??me? bully me?’ Tao think hardly as a sudden flash of what had happened yesterday comes to him.

‘Aah…Its look like the situations has been greatly misunderstood. He finally can read the situation he was in. ‘These bunch of idiots… Just because Sehun come before I had my outburst yesterday, he suddenly becomes my knight?? Seriously, are they kidding??!!! I’m just trying to be a really good boy back then, trying to hold my urge to snaps back at those nasty comments. I bet that doesn’t matter anymore… I’m sorry Umma… I can’t keep my promise to be a good boy yet...’

“Are these your things? Tao asked directly to the three.

One of them answered arrogantly, “Yeah, we thought that there is the rightful place for our stuffs.”

Tao smile sweetly at the answer and ask them super nicely, “Sorry to trouble you guys, but could you please move your things ….Tao paused for a second and continued coldly, “Because they are in my way”. His expression becomes dark in an instant.

The three of them look taken aback by the coldness of Tao voices. “Sorry, we didn’t notice that our dear Zitao has no place to sit.” They replied mockingly before each of them took their stuffs.  They look at Tao murderously, pleaded to make revenge soon. And of course Tao didn’t notice that.

When Sehun enter the classroom later, he already missed the heated argument but he sense the tension and noticed the murderous look that the three troublemakers in his class throw to Tao. He finally understand the situation and sigh, ‘Aahh…this panda, why make enemy of such unimportant people’.

“Hey panda…”

“What??” Tao asked, still in his bad mood.

“Nothing…this…Do you want them or not? Sehun showed his notes to Tao. Tao look a bit hesitant at the offer. “Don’t worry it’s for free.” Sehun added.

“Thanks!!”Tao then took the notes and grinned happily.

Unknown to him, his bad day will resume sooner than he expected.

 

 


 

Hey Guys ~

Thanks for the new subscribers ^.^

How is it so far? I really appreaciate it if you leave your comments.

Nite ~