New Beginning

Manly Childish

Tao’s POV

Today is my first day here, in this huge so-called school dormitory. What do I do????  I’m so lost, and where is exactly the entrances????

Umma, I miss you already…

It has been three days since I’ve been in Mr. and Mrs. Oh care, so today I should start school, which according to them it was very convenience to enroll me in the same school as their son aka my fiancé who was the same age of me.  As much as I know, I’m also will be living in the dormitory because it was somewhat their family rules and tradition anyway.

 

 

Flashback few days before…

 

 

“Tao, come down dear, dinner is ready!”

“Yes Umma, I’m coming!”

“Wooahhh, you cooked all my favorites’ food!!!” said Tao excitedly and quickly shoved some in his mouth as soon as he reaches the table.

“It’s all yours Tao dear”

“Thanks Umma!!” Tao hug and kiss his mom.

“Let’s sit and eat properly Tao, I have some news to reveal later” Mrs. Huang reply Tao’s hug and smile sheepishly that got unnoticed by Tao.

“Tao, do you still remember Mr. and Mrs. Oh, my old friends that frequently visit us before?” ask Mrs. Huang after they finish their dinner.

“Of course I remember them, Umma. They are so nice to me before. I think they really love me more than Umma do” reply Tao with his naughty grin plastered all over his face.

“Oh, sure they do Tao”. Mrs. Huang mockingly answers as she noticed her son playful remark.

“But Umma, why did you suddenly talk about them? What about the news that you mention before? “ask Tao, confused.

“You know that Umma really love you right Tao?’'. Tao just nod in response.

“Back in the day when I am struggling in the middle of working and being a single mother, Mr. and Mrs. Oh always been there for me either to look after you or just frequently visiting to motivated me. They are a really good friend of mine.  Oh, did you know that they also have a son who was the same age of you?” Tao shake his head still confused why his mother bringing up this topic.

Mrs. Huang just smile at him and continue,” Tao dear, because of our close relationship, we’ve promised each other to strengthen it by marrying off our child and that so happen to be you and their son, Oh Se Hun. Both of you already engaged at the age of 6. Last time I visit them, Se Hun had grown up to be a really fine young man, very sweet and respectful. Once I see him, I know he is the right one for you.”

‘Umm..wait, WHAT??!!! MARRIED!!!! ENGANGED!!!! What happen right now???? Am I hearing things????!!’ Tao try to digest the news that his mother feed him.

“Umma, are you kidding right? Haha..but your joke is not even funny umma”, Tao slightly raising his voice. “I’m leaving umma, anyway thanks for your delicious foods”. 

As soon as he stand to leave, Mrs. Huang grab his hand and spoke, “Tao dear, please believe in me, are you really mad at me? Does you not love Umma anymore?”.  Mrs. Huang said, faking his voice to be really sad plus a dejected look on her face.

She’s really familiar with his son weakness. Being the good son he is, since a little Tao will be very guilty once he knows he is the reason behind his mother sadness and will apologized nonstops even though it was not his fault to begin with. She knows that Tao love her to much to be mad at her when she reveal the news. She realize how selfish she is by taking advantages against Tao weakness, but only she knows the best for her lovely and adorable son.

True to Mrs. Huang, upon seeing his mother state, Tao reach and hug her as the word of apologized escaped his mouth repeatedly. “ Umma, sorry, sorry, sorry, I’m really sorry Umma, I love you Umma. Please don’t be sad anymore. I believe you Umma, Its good to hear that my fiancé is sweet and respectful. Umma, please look at me, forgives me Umma”.

Mrs. Huang smile in triumph, “Really Tao? You’re not taking back your word right? Now it settled, I’m so glad for that. Now let’s both of us packing up our things together!!”

Tao is beyond words to see his mother sudden changes. ‘She is really excited despite her gloomy mood before, what a relief’, thought Tao to himself. Soon after realization hit him and he froze, ‘Great, I’ve been deceived, again…’

Later that night, Tao learned that his mother’s job needs her to be away from him in such a long time.  As much as she love Tao, she can’t bring him together like always as Tao still has school and such. She has to leave Tao in a good hand before she travel to Africa as professional photographer she is. And much to Tao dismay, he must agree to his beloved mother one and only solution.

 


Hi there !!

Sorry for the first short chapter....and please tell me what you thinks ^.^