Of Peach, Bacon and Deer

Manly Childish

 

Baekhyun eyes widen at the unexpected turnout. He quickly approached and pulled the younger into his arms. “Hey little peach…why are you crying?” he asked and the younger’s back gently as he felt Tao’s head nuzzled into his neck, still sobbing. “Is it too bad to meet me again, little peach?” he felt a slight movement as Tao shook his head in responds.  Baekhyun satisfied at the small reaction and continued to ask, “It’s been a while…did you miss this bad hyung?” In a brief moment he felt the younger nodded.  Baekhyun sighed in relief and tighten their hugs. “Hyung really miss you too…I’m sorry…for leaving…..”

 

 

~ FLASHBACK~

 

Tao was woken up by a disturbing noises coming from the kitchen. ‘What was that?’ He rubs his eyes and slowly open it, feeling rather confused when he finally saw his surroundings. ‘Where am I?’ “Umma?” he asked for his mom. He was slightly in panic as he couldn’t register any identical item in the room except for his backpack and several boxes. “Umma??” he asked again, slightly louder.

 

“Yes, sweetie~ you’re awake? Come here, I’m in the kitchen. You can look around our new house and decorated your own room after this”, his mom replied.

 

‘New house?’ It took him long enough when it’s registered in his mind. ‘Ah…we move in yesterday’, he finally realized. It was not his fault that he couldn’t remember. He was still in his sleepy state when he felt someone lift him up and lay him on the comfy place. Even though he felt really thankful to the person, he was too exhausted to even open his eyes to peek whoever the person is. Blame it on his mother‘s job, after about 16 hours straight on the road, both arrived at their new house within midnight.

 

During 11 years of his lives they’ve already move within places (mostly in country side) about 8 times and still counting. Due to this circumstance, he was home school till he was 9 years old and only start public school within this 2 years before his mother’s job need her to move again.

 

It was really hard to him to mingle with other kids his ages at school as he is too shy to even smile or to start a simple ‘hello’. Add to that, his sharp eyes when he looks at others had been misunderstood a lot by them as they said he had been glaring too much at them.  As a result, he’d been labeled as trouble kid by the others even though he was excelling in his academic. So, frankly speaking, he was a bit relief about this moving thing. It was a good opportunity of his side to transfer school and at least find a new friend here. Yup, at least one, he wishes.

 

Tao came out from his bed and quickly go to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. After a moment he enters the kitchen and greets his mom who seems busy baked something. “Morning, Umma~”

 

 “How is your sleep, dear? His mom asked while slowly approaching him and caresses his hair lovingly before she continue playfully, “And last time I check it’s already afternoon, young man”

 

Tao just giggle in return, enjoying his mom loving touch. He then put his hand on his stomach and whining cutely, “Umma….I’m hungry…”

 

Later, it turns out that his mother baked some pastries to offer to their neighbors.

 

“Tao dear, come quickly. You need to accompany me to give out these pastries. Besides, we have to politely introduce ourselves to them and left a really good impression. Who knows we will need their help later in the future”, his mom said, both hands busy picking up the basket full of delicious pastries.

 

“Umma, can I skip that? I bet it was already my 9th times doing it even though I only remember 2 or 3 of them.” To be honest Tao could remember and recite back exactly what his mom was saying just now. It’s become their custom to greet their neighbors first thing after move in.

 

  “You don’t want to skip out playing at the playground later, do you?” his mom simply replies.

 

“It’s not fair, Umma… you threaten me…” Despite his protest, Tao quickly help his mother to carry some of the pastries and follow his mother obediently.

 

 

*************************************************************************************

 

 

“Where does this delicious smell coming from Umma?” asked a boy while flaring up his nose upon entering their kitchen. He looks smart wearing a simple T-shirt and short with a ball neatly tucked under his arm, ready to go out to play.

 

His mom smile tenderly when she spots his son, “Ah, our new neighbor sent us some pastries earlier. It’s really delicious. Want some?” She answered him as her hand offer to feed him some.

 

“New neighbor? Since when?” asked the boy again while munching the food.

 

“They moved in yesterday night, a young single mother with her adorable son. Her son was really cute but too shy. You’ll like him once you see him next time. He is one year younger than you. Aishhhh, what was his name again –”, his mom continued to blabbering about their neighbor’s son, unnoticed the uninterested face shown by her own.

 

“Umma, I’m going first”, with that being said, the boy leaves the kitchen after gave a quick peck to his mom. The lady startled a bit by the sudden action but still greets him. “Be careful sweetie~”

 

“Umma must be mistaken. I’m cuter though… I bet that kid must be annoying as hell. Better not see him in person.” The boy thought as he slowly walked to the playground.

 

“Luhan-ah, wait for me!!” shouted the boy as he noticed his friend from afar.

 

The boy name Luhan stops his track and grinned widely when his friend approaching.

 

“Hey Baekhyunie~”, he greeted cheerfully before stretching his head looking for something. “You’re alone??”

 

Baekhyun furrow his eyebrows, a bit confuse. “Why? Did you expecting someone?” he asked.

 

“Ahh,,I heard from my mom that you got a new neighbor and I thought you will ask him to play together with us...Have you met and be friend him?”

 

“Nah, mom said he’s younger than us, and he sounds like someone who’s really annoying, a little brat perhaps. I don’t mingle with a brat, remember?”Baekhyun said sassily.

 

“Oh, Okay then…” Luhan just shrugged in response, knowing too well about his friend sassiness.

 

 

*************************************************************************************

 

 

After got permission from his mother, Tao leisurely walk to the playground located at the end of the road. From a far, he could see some kids around his age playing happily with each others. Tao seems nervous at the sight. Later, he found a bench near the playing kids and choose to sit there to watch due to his shyness as well as nervousness. Tao just watched in silence and didn’t realize that some of the kids approaching him from the side.

 

“Hey….” a kid with big round eyes trying to start a conversation. 

 

“………………” silent...

 

“What’s your name?” another kid asked.

 

“………………” another silent…

 

“Yah, new kid! Can’t you hear? We’ve been calling you for ages!” another kid (seems bigger than his other friends) yelling in frustration.

 

Startled at the sudden yell, Tao automatically get down from the bench and accidentally knocked the yelling kid in process. Shocked by his own action, Tao bow down his head and stammering a word ‘sorry’ repeatedly, oblivious by the kid’s rage by then.

 

“How dare you hit me?!” shouted the kid furiously, didn’t care to listen to Tao’s apology.

 

“I swear I don’t do it in purpose. It was an accident!” defended Tao. He noticed that the other kids fell into silent. He tried to peek from the side but his action leads to another misunderstood as the kid accused him for glaring. Before he had a chance to denied, he had already land on the ground, being pushed harshly by the furious kid.

 

Tao seems fazed and bewildered at the sudden pushed. Feeling a bit unfair and ridicules, he grits his teeth and clenches his fist tightly ready to stand up and fight. Once he stands up, he could hear someone shouted from behind and some of the kids scurried away.

 

 

*************************************************************************************

 

 

Both of them were near the playground when they heard some commotion across the area. Being such a busybody caring person he is, Baekhyun drag along hesitant Luhan to take a peek behind a tree. There they saw this one boy surrounded by some brats kids and being yelled at by another brat kid that bigger than the others. They couldn’t see the poor kid face as he is back facing them.

 

“This is why I don’t mingle with brat. They are childish and had small brain”, Baekhyun mumble slowly but still being heard by Luhan who just nod his head in acknowledgement. Both are still watching the situation silently when suddenly the verbal fight become worse as the boy being push harshly by the other.  

 

Baekhyun loves peace as much as he hates violence. Witnessing such scene in front of his eyes just made his blood boils. He jumps from his hidden place and storm forward. Luhan followed after him at the back.

 

“Yah!!!Stop it!!What do you think you’re doing kids?! Bullying??!!” Baekhyun could see some of the kids hurriedly leave the scene except for the poor boy and the brat.

 

“Care to explain?”Baekhyun firmly asked. His eyes shifted between the boy (Tao) and his attacker and finally settled at him. Tao lowered his head, fidgeting to answer as he felt overwhelmed at the sudden attention he got from his surroundings.

           

“He hit me first!!” the attacker beat him to it. All eyes shifted to him.

 

“Is it true?” Baekhyun asked again, this time directly at Tao.

 

“It was an accident. They startled me…I kind of react out of refl –”

 

“NO!!! He lied!! He purposely hit me and then glared at me. All kids here will be my witnesses”, cut the other smugly.

 

“Wait… I’ve seen you before…Se Na’s brother right?” Luhan, who stay quite since before interfered. He looks closely at the said boy. Baekhyun and Luhan noticed the sudden changes on the kid’s face, glanced at each other before exchanging a knowing looks.

 

Tao feels somewhat uneasy at the information he heard. ‘They knew him… what I said after this doesn’t matter anymore, they will believe him more….’

 

“Aish…what a bother…” Baekhyun sighed before he pointed at Tao and ordered, “You, apologize to him.”

 

‘I knew it…..’ thought Tao, clearly upset even though he kind of expected the situation. He took a deep breath before apologize again for the nth time. “I’m truly sorry….”

 

“Good…” Baekhyun nodded his head, then he look at the other and asked, “There, he apologized, satisfy?”

 

Tao could see smug grin plastered on Se Na’s brother’s face before he heard him answered arrogantly, “Yeah, totally.”

 

“Okay… so now, it’s your turn. Apologize to him”, Luhan asked the other firmly with his stern face.

 

Tao surprised at the sudden turnout. He could see Se Na’s brother bewildered expression, mouth and eyes wide open, clearly shocked as well.

 

“What??! Why should I? No!! Never!!” outburst the brat kid stubbornly.

 

“Aish…listen kid…You don’t have any right to pushed him like that though. Say sorry, done! Simple as that” Baekhyun raised his voice a bit, clearly annoyed.

 

“Or you need your beloved sister to come here and asked you instead?” Luhan added sweetly.

 

At the mention of his sister name, the kid’s face slightly pale. He then muttered a sorry as fast and low as possible before sprinted away as it seems it hurt his little pride.

 

"Wow, i bet the rumors about Se Na was cruel to her siblings is true afterall" Luhan said feeling rather amused and Baekhyun just grinned at him.

 

As for Tao, he stood still, didn’t quite understand what was happened just now. It took him for a while to register the scene, looking between those two who he assume a bit older than him based on their height and physical appearances.

 

Still in daze state, Tao flinched when one of them approached and touched him. He took several steps backward out of instinct.

 

“Woah… easy kid, we’re harmless! It’s quite a blow you received just now. Are you okay? I’m Luhan, and he is Baekhyun. I’ve never seen you before… Wait…you are our new neighbor, aren’t you? What’s your name? You’re soooo cute!!! How old are you? You seem younger than us, so you can call us hyung if you want. Wh –  ”

 

“Luhan-ah, take a breath….how come he’ll answer your questions like that?” Baekhyun cut him off when he realized that the youngest out of them stoned.

“Oops…sorry…” Luhan admitted his mistake.

 

Tao chuckled lightly at the sight. He thinks that the interaction between the doe eyes hyung and the raven hair hyung were adorable. “Thanks hyungs…for that just now…I’m Tao” he introduced himself while bowed a little, sign of grateful.

 

“Pardon?” both Baekhyun and Daehan asked simultaneously.

 

“My name…its Tao…”

 

“You mean Tao, same as peach in Chinese? Woah~ it’s cute, suit you really well…right Baekhyunie?” Luhan said as he nudging his friend for a response.

 

“Yeah…whatever Luhan…” Baekhyun playfully glared at his friend before took a glance at his wrist. “Ah, it’s already late, guess we should heading home now”, he paused and look at Tao and smile, “Want to tag along?”

 

“Neh…Thanks again Lu hyung, Bacon hyung!” replied Tao cheerfully. Out of sudden a burst of laughter can be heard after Tao finished his words.

 

“Lu hyung, what –”

 

“Shut it Luhan! Yah, what did you just call me? Its understanding that you call Luhan, Lu because literally he is somewhat a deer in human form, but where does Bacon comes from?!” Baekhyun yell frustrated.

 

“It’s Baek – Hyun. Now repeat after me! – BAEK!”

 

“Baek…”Tao repeated after him even though he was clueless.

 

“– HYUN!”

 

“Hyun…”

 

“Okay, now combine it, BAEKHYUN!”

 

“BA –CON??” Tao tilt his head, unsure on how it exactly sound coming from his mouth as he could see Luhan continuously laughing his out.

 

 “Ahhhhaaahahhhaa… Baek plus Hyun equal to BACON… first time I heard about it! You are genius Tao-yah~” Luhan still laughing and teasing his friend, oblivious that the dark aura approaching him from behind.

 

"Said that again Luhannie~" Luhan snap from his laughter fit and glance behind him. He witnessed his friend change from a sweet boy to a monster in a split second. He quickly grabbed Tao’s left hand and dragged the younger to run with him. “Run for our dear life little peach!!!”

 

“Yah, wait till I got both of you!!!” Baekhyun shouted while chasing after them. Soon the laughter mix with three voices can be heard echoed throughout the road

 

Even though Tao still clueless for what had happened that time, the thought that he has made two friends and got two hyungs at the same time excited and pleased him.

 

~ END OF FLASHBACK~

 

 

“Ehemmmm….Baek hyung, I think it’s better for both of you continue your lovely reunion at our table…” Sehun said, feeling a bit left out. He could see how comfortable his panda Tao right now at others arms, being caressed like that. Honestly he feels a bit, a really, really tiny little bit uncomfortable at the sight.

 

“Ah, sorry Sehun-ah, I’ve been carried out by emotions…” After making sure that his little peach is alright, Baekhyun reluctantly release their hug. He then beam at Sehun and ask, “Wait…how did you know my Tao?”

 

 ‘Another ‘my’??? First Suho hyung, and now Baek hyung…Aish,,,how many people actually own you, my Panda….my???Ah…whatever, he’s mine, right??’ Sehun thought, unaware about his own feeling about a certain Panda. “I think that questions applied to you, Baek hyung…”

 

Later, three of them walk to their group’s table, but not before Tao filled his plate with pastries and cakes first.

 

 

 

 


It has been a while 5 months since the last time I update. Sorry for the long wait and a bunch of thanks for all subcribers that still has faith in this crappy story.

Honestly what happened with Tao effect me a bit, but still....

Happy reading guys~

and Thanks again ^.<

 

Adiossss~~