Ego II

Wonderwall

 



CHAPTER 7.5: Ego II



"Mind explaining what happened?"

Hyun Ae had been quiet ever since the incident at town with Se Hun, not making any eye-contact with her uncle 'cause she can't. How can she explain? From the beggining 'till the end? 'Hell, that takes a lot of time.'  as she thought in her mind. Everytime silence speaks between her and her uncle, she bit her bottom lip while sweating her off. 

"BAE HYUN AE." Uncle's voice became firmer- which gave Hyun Ae more discomfort. "He's a friend of mine." She lied. 'Friend? We're not even close!'  She's literally going insane on the inside. "Is that so?" Uncle asked sarcastically in the end while waiting calmly for the traffic light to turn green again. "Seems like the both of you are having trouble getting along with eachother. I wouldn't call that friendship yet." He turned to Hyun Ae.

She scoffed, "Pfffttttt! We're friends, friends, I tell you! We're just fought the other day so yeah, no big deal." She covered. Uncle squinted his eyes, trying to believe what his niece said but he found it hard too. 

'Please let it go, let it go, let it go, let it go.'  She crossed her little fingers and closed her eyes.

"Okay."

Hyun Ae felt thousands and thousands of weight have been lifted from her body. A scene where a somewhat refree guy shouts 'YOU'RE SAFE!'  played in her head. 'Thanks the lord for this.'  she cheered. "Uncle. Let's go and eat somewhere. I'm hungry." She tried to loosen up the tensed situation. "Oh really? Fine we'll have dinner. Where'd you wanna eat?" He asked in reply.

 


Se Hun walked in circles with his phone in his left hand. His mind kept on replaying the scene before. Did it become worser? Maybe. Maybe not. "Not even a sincere thank you from that piece of sh-" He restrained himself from cursing and calmed down. Well, more like TRYING to calm down. 'Don't let a girl who's under you control your emotions. You can handle this, use your power of ignorence, for heaven's sake! She's not worth your time.'  There, the words to calm himself down.

He sat down on the sofa and drank his tea on one-shot. A TEA. Not a good sign, when you don't enjoy sand savour the flavour of your tea. He stood up again and walked everywhere to find things to do. Nope, nothing. He lay himself on the sofa and covered his face using a square-sized pillow- he attempted to sleep. He can't. He just can't sit still. "She's totally got my mind blowing right now I swear!" He threw the pillow. 

He mummbled a few things while changing his position into a sitting one until his phone vibrated. He sat up straight and snatched his phone.

Subject: 

From: Chen Hyung

Yah! Eodiya?! You have a photoshoot today, did you forget about it? Come to the studio quick! Aigoo...

"Oh crap!" Se Hun rushed to his bedroom to pack his things as fast as his can. He dialed the number that texted him while putting on his left sock with his hands, his phone was supported by his shoulder. In instant, the person picked up. "Hyung! Im so sorry. I'm on my way there now, I'll be there ASAP I swear." He apologized. While putting the other sock on, the guy on the other line spoke; "What happened? You're never like this. Did you really forget about it?"

Se Hun grabbed his apartment keys that was hanging on the key holder that was stick to his bedroom door. "Seems like it." He simply answered, shifting the phone to his other ear. "Hmm. Whatever, I'll be waiting for you in front of the door. Be quick. I can't handle the 'commotion' here." The guy said.

"Got it." Se Hun ended the call. By 'commotion', he knew that groups of girls, his so-called fans were outside the studio to meet him. He sighed before taking a white opeque mask to cover his lower face. 

 


"Kyungsoo."

The baby-faced young man turned to the voice that called him. With his big eyes full with the whites, he nod. "What is it?" 

Chen slid down his phone in his pocket. "He'll be here in... a few minutes? I swear I'm gonna make him work hard like he never before." He said. Kyungsoo laughed in reply, "It's okay. He's never like this anyway. It's his first time so consider it. I'm sure he has reasons." Chen sighed "Fine." 

"Are we gonna do this or not?" Another young man came out from nowhere, behind Chen's back. "Ah, Suho hyung!" He turned around. "Ofcourse!" He added. "He's lucky it's us who're gonna take his pictures." The young man, Suho, as they address said. Who is he here? The heir of Kim Production, a company which take photographies and videos. Working especially for BaekSoo models. 

"What are you talking about? You've been working with us more than a year now and you're talking like you're new!" Byun Baek Hyun hit Suho's shoulder. "Why you little-

Just as Suho was about to hit Baek Hyun back, screams of girls were heard outside the studio. "That must be him!" Baek Hyun cheered. "Seems like my work is about to start,no more resting." Kyungsoo smiled. Kyungsoo's a stylist, hair especially. Moreover, the first and last person Se Hun accepted to be styled from. So he's everywhere when Se Hun has a photoshoot. Baek Hyun in the other hand, isn't working outdoors often like Kyungsoo. He's rather in the office, managing his company that he shares with Kyungsoo. They've planned this since they were still high school students. 'BaekSoo', their beloved shared company- a proof of their hardworks together.

Kim Jong Dae or also known as Chen, is resignated to be Se Hun's manager. He holds and knows Se Hun's schedule, he tells him everything about work and his the most closest person to the model besides Kai.

"I'll go get him." Chen volunteered and step out from the studio. "Why are you here anyways, Baek? Aren't you suppose to be in the office?" Suho raised a brow, looking at Baek Hyun. "Me? Oh I just wanna see how my Hunnie has been improving~" He said with full hopes. To him, Se Hun was precious. Neverless his other models are, but he's been taking care of Se Hun ever since he remembered. That is, in the company. So he thinks like a mom when it comes to him, he's 'grown up baby'. "What about you?" He asked Suho back.

"Same reason, different people. We have some newbies here so I wanted to see how are they gonna perform." Suho said. "Explains everything. That's why I'm seeing new faces here." Kyungsoo looked at some of the photographers. "Well then, I'd better head back to my 'office' and get ready." Kyungsoo left.

"Kay, hwaiting!" Baek Hyun cheered. "Ah! He's here." Suho pointed at Se Hun who was wearing a hoodie and a mask. He must've heard Suho's voice as the doors were closed. "Hyung! You're here?" He ran towards Baek Hyun and Suho. "Baek hyung, too." He said. "Did something happen? You're never late." Baek Hyun looked at him, he shooked his head. "Ani. Nothing. Just tired of school stuffs maybe." He lied. "I'm gonna go first. Kyungsoo hyung's waiting for me. See ya' later!" He ran further.

Both of the young men hummed and arched their brows. 

 


"I'm hoooooooome!" Kai sang happily as he entered the house. He turned to his right to see Chan Yeol playing his Nitendo DS. "Annyeong." Chan Yeol greeted him. "Oh, so you notice me this time?" Kai sarcastically said. Chan Yeol sighed and turn off his Nitendo. "I'm bored." He complained. "Then work." Kai simply answered while pouring a glass of water for himself. "Where did you go?" Chan Yeol asked.

Kai sat down before answering the question. "I was out with Se Hun." He said. "Ah! You should've bring me along. I want to meet him too." 

"No can do. We have some things to settle only between the both of us." Kai grinned. "I get it." Chan Yeol rolled his eyes. "On the other hand, I'm heading to the factory this evening. You should join." Kai said. "Sure."

"Welcome home, master!" two young cheerful maids welcomed Kai syncronizingly. Kai smiled in return. "Is there anything you would like to eat?" One of the maid, short black hair looked at Kai. "Nah, I'm fine. How about you guys? Rather than worrying about my stomach being empty, you should take care of yourselves too." He said. The maids kept silent with pink blushing cheeks.

Chan Yeol gave Kai a nasty look. "Stop that. You and your ways with women." He rolled his eyes. 

He didn't react to what Chan Yeol said, he stood up and grabbed his jacket. "I'm gonna rest. Cook somethin' for this ." He smiled. In seconds, Chan Yeol threw a small-sized pillow at Kai while shouting, "Yah! Is that your way of treating your hyung?!" 

The maids chuckled shyly until Chan Yeol turned to them. "Funny?" He asked furiously and the maids shooked. He sighed and rested his body on the sofa comfortably. He can't be mad at the girls, nope. True, the household is filled with maids more than butlers but he can't treat them like servants- in a harsh way, that is. Thus, they try their best to protect them instead. 

"I'm hungry. Feed me delicious food!" He ordered under a pillow. Reasons are to cover his shy face after getting furious, and he can't make eye-contacts with the maids. "Algaesumnida, Doryeo-nim." 

 


She sat down on the edge of the bed, thinking deeply about things. Hyun Ae was experiencing somewhat irritated and angry feeling. 'Who is she?' - her thoughts, obviously refering to the girl who was with Se Hun. 

'Expensive clothes, nice hair, makeup, shopping bags on both of her hands, WHO IS SHE?'  

Again, she asked herself although she knows the fact that she won't be getting any answers. She kept humming figuring out possible conclusions until she came up with one which was somehow disturbing and false in her mind. 

'Girlfriend?'

"No way! Impossible! He hates women! He DESPISE them!" She slapped both her cheeks with her palms and shooked furiously. Then again, she thought 'Why would I care if he happens to have a girlfriend or not?'  

Turning red all by herself againts her walls of her room now, she frowned. "I'm not interested in him, I'm not. I'm not jealous. He's not worth your attention, Hyun Ae, no." She cried. Knocks were heard behind the door. "Hyun Ae." It was her Uncle. "Sweetie, is anything wrong?" He continued. "No-nothing's wrong!" She replied, "I hope so..." while murmuring.



End of Chapter 7