The Smile of A Playboy

Wonderwall

 



Chapter 2: The Smile of  A Playboy



Author's POV

The sunlight shines through the curtains of Bae Hyun Ae's room. She looked at the mirror as she was fixing her tie, getting ready for school. Right after then, she put her bag on and her MP3 was in her hand.

"I'm ready!" She shouted with a bright smile.

Her uncle choked down his coffee. "Ah. Hyun Ae. You're done. Alright let's go." He got up from the chair and went to the sink. "Drink your tea before leaving. It'll get cold." He demanded.

"You know I don't drink tea. I usually buy my milk at school, don't you remember?" Hyun Hae squinted her eyes at her uncle. "We ran out of milk."

"What?" Her bag slipped from her shoulders with a crooked smile on her face.


••• 


"Kaiiiiii."

"Hmm?"

"Where are you going? It's still early in the morning. Come here and cuddle with me." 

 

Se Hun sneek his hands in his pocket to take his phone. It was vibrating. He looked at the caller's ID and tilted his head as he was seeing Kai's name. He answered it.

"Uh Kai, what's up?" He said. "Help me." Kai, on the other line said. Se Hun sighed and stopped walking. "Kai, you know I'm-

"Just for today, okay? then I'm done." Kai pleaded. 

"Aish this boy. You're lucky that you're my friend." Se Hun put a smile on his face. Kai was laughing on the other line too. "Where are you now?" He asked. "I... umm... where is this again?"

"Kai, you've got to be kidding me. Yah eodiya? What did you do last night?" 

"I'll be waiting for Sebastian! Bye! Thanks dude!"

"Kai w- he hung up." Se Hun put down his phone and cursed "He's so dead."


••• 


8:30AM, Class 2-5

"Hyun Ae!"

Hyun Ae turned her head to the voice that called her. "Ah. Sang Mi ah! What is it?" She asked the girl.

Sang Mi tilted her head and raised her brow. "What do you mean 'What is it?'?" She said. "You're talking like we're just friends. Of course I would run off to you just to gossip about stuffs. This is your bestfriend for heaven's sake." She added.

"Bian, bian. Okay so what topic for today?" Hyun Ae smiled at her bestfriend's pouting face. "You."

"What?" She paused and widened her eyes. "Me?" She asked again. Sang Mi just noded.

"Okay class settle down now!" The teacher shouted.

"Crap, Songsaengnim's here. I'll talk to you during recess, kay?" Sang Mi patted Hyun Ae's shoulders and left to her original seat.

Hyun Ae just blinked in confusion. What did she do? 

"Bae Hyun Ae?" The teacher called. She didn't answer, she was too busy wondering why she's the gossip topic for today. Wae? "BAE HYUN AE." Gain, the teacher called with a firm voice. She snapped out, and stand up. "Nae, Songsaengnim?" 

The teacher put on a worry expression and sigh. "Are you okay? I don't think you were paying attention in my class."

Hyun Ae nodded. "Keureom, Songsaengnim! Of course I'm okay!" She smiled cheerfully. "Hmm. Are you sure? Well then please pay attention to my class from now on, okay? You may sit."

"Kamsahamnida!"

See, Bae Hyun Ae isn't a gloomy character. She's very energetic and cheerful but since school started, she's gettin' all sad and cloudy. The homeroom teacher, Mr, Park, seems to be worried about his student.

 

"Alright, that's for today's class. See you around, class! Oh and Hyun Ae, mind to come and meet me after recess?" 

"Wae?" She gave him a curious look. "I got something." Mr. Park said. Hyun Ae just nodded and gave him an 'okay' sign. "Hyun Ae ah! Let's go! I can't wait to tell you the whole story!" Sang Mi dragged her before she could even finish cleaning her desk. "Alright, alright. Where's Mi Young? It's just the second day of school."

"She got problems at home so yeah. it's only the both of us now."

--

"Yah. KIM JONG-IN." Se Hun crossed his arms and gave Kai a stern look. "Waeyo? Why do you look so tense?" Kai stopped drinking. "Tense? Where were you last night?" Se Hun asked. "My mom's not in Korea and you're trying to be my mom or somethin'?" Kai joked. Se Hun snapped and took Kai's drink away. "This is not about being your mom! Kai! You know what I'm talking about. I told you so many times to stop what you're doing." He scolded him.

Kai just rolled his eyes. "Hmm. I was at a nearby night club. I got nothing to do at home so why not? You know how the story goes right? I met this noona and BAM! The next morning I know, we're in bed." 

"Oh my God, Kai. You should stop this playboy thing. You got so many girls out there that will stay by your side. At least for a week or three days. Go and find her." Se Hun snorted.

"Look who's talking." Kai smiled softly. "All I do is hurting them in the end." He declared. Se Hun put on a worried face. "Kai, as a friend that loves you, just keep in mind that I'm just a step behind you."

"Don't get too deep now, bruh! HAHA! Of course you are and so will I. Thanks, dude but somehow it feels like bromance." Kai laughed and grab Se Hun's shoulders. "Oh yeah. How's Sebastian this morning?" 

"Sebastian? Oh right, he's great."

"I received a lot of questions from him, I had to end the call up." Se Hun sigh.

FLASHBACK

"Pick up, pick up, pick up." Se Hun waits impatiently and tapped his foot.

"Good Morning, this is the Oh household, how may I help you?" A voice of a old man appeared on the other line. "Ah. Sebastian, I'm really glad that you're the one who answered the phone. It's me, Se Hun." The yong man said.

"Doryeon-nim? Where are you?! How are you doing?!"

"Whoa, chill. I'm on my way to school and I'm perfectly in one piece." He laughed. "Anyway, I need your help Sebastian."

"What is it, young master?" 

"Help me fetch Kai. Send some men to fetch him and try to find where he is. Don't be late though because we got school." He ordered. "Algaesumnida, doryeon-nim. Is that all?" 

Se Hun delayed a bit in answering Sebastian on the other line. 'Should I ask about eomma?' He thought by himself. 'What if she's busy? No, no. I doubt that she's even here.'  "Yes, that's all. Thanks and stop calling me doryeon-nim. I don't like being called Young Master. Just call me Se Hun." 

"Algaesumnida, Se Hun doryeon-nim." Sabastian said. Se Hun sigh and smiled. "Guess it can't be help though."

"Doryeon-nim!"

"Uh? What is it?"

"Are you sure you're doing fine? At least come back and meet your mother. I know this is none of my business but still, please reconsider living alone by yourself. May I know where do you live now? Or-

"Sebastian. I gotta go now, bye and don't tell anyone that I called home. Annyeong!"

He end up the call.

END OF FLASHBACK

Kai laughed a lot hearing Se Hun's story. How tough is his best friend's life. He knew the reason why he left home but sometimes he wonders if Se Hun misses home? Plus, his mom isn't even well and his dad always ignore him for work. "Sebastian's a really good old geezer, right?" 

"Yeah but sometimes he's a bit annoying. I still like him out of all the butlers we have." 

"That's 'cause he's the Head Butler and you thought it was cool." Kai bluffed. "Shut up!" Se Hun growled.

"Yah, Oh Se Hun. I heard that you've been cut off by Hyun Ae."

Se Hun raised his brows, trying to remember the girl named Hyun Ae. "Ah. That annoying brat." He said.

"She's not annoying. I think she's fun!"

"Fun? She gets on my nerve everytime!"

--

"Lucky? He gets on my nerve everytime!"

Sang Mi let down her chopsticks and gave her a disbelieve look. "You're damn lucky that he started the conversation to you. Like his profile at the end of the first chapter, he doesn't show much interest in girls which means, my dear friend, he doesn't even bother to take the initiative. You see now how damn lucky you are?"

Hyun Ae let out a heavy sigh and rubbed her head. "That doesn't change anything. He just wanted an apology and if he didn't ask, I may forget about apologizing."

She took out her milk and drank it fast. "Or maybe he's interested in you?" Sang Mi blurted out.

Hyun Ae spitted out her milk from her full mouth with bulgy eyes that looked like they were about to pop out. "Bwoh?" She snapped.

"Maybe~" Sang Mi winked at her. "Stop giving me that sheepish looking look! There's no way he's interested in me. He said himself that I'm annoying, too tall for a girl, I don't know how to style, I am disrespectful and guess what? He thought I was the one who has attitude issues like what? Pfftt. No one asked for his opinion anyway." Hyun Ae rolled her eyes and kept on babbling about him.

Sang Mi smiled and swooned. "Oh, Hyun Ae. Hm~ You should go to the Sophomore's often these days, hm?" She wiggled her brows. "Andwae. I got no business there so no!" Hyun Ae protested. "Ara, ara. Becareful too nowadays, okay? People know about you and Se Hun sunbae already so I bet the freshmans and the upper classes are keeping an eye on you. Not to mention, the 3rd years." Sang Mi started packing her lunch box and tied it neatly.

"There's nothing going on between me and him though." Hyun Ae pouted. "Well let's see in the future, nae?" Her bestfriend chuckled.

STAFFROOM

Hyun Ae went in the staffroom to meet Mr. Park as he demanded. She travelled her eyes around but doesn't seem to be spotting the man's figure. "Good Morning, Ms. Kwon. Um, have you seen Mr. Park?" She asked another female teacher that sits beside Mr. Park. She turned at Hyun Ae with a smile, "May I know your reasons?" She asked.

'She's so pretty!' Hyun Ae praised the teacher's beauty inside of her mind.

She snapped out and shooked her head. "He asked me to see him after recess so."

Ms. Kwon smiled, "He's having a class at the 3rd Year but it's not to late to see him. He'll forget if you don't go now and plus, your forgetful yourself right, Hyun Ae?" She chuckled.

Hyun Ae just nodded and kept silent. "Nae, Kamsahamnida,  Songsaengnim." She bowed at left.

'3rd Year? No, Not again! Damn it! Can't I just meet him later? Tough luck, Hyun Ae.' She sighed and walked to the stairs that leads the way to the 3rd Year.

'I wonder where is Park songsaengnim. Let's hunt for his voice.' She thought. She walked straight as she felt hyena's eyes all over aiming at her. 'I guess what Sang Mi said was right. But I'll make it up someday, there's no need to be jealous, anyway.' She stopped as soon as he saw Mr. Park teaching in front of class 3-1.

'Uwah! There he is. What should I say? Should I wait for him to stop teaching? Ottoke?' Right after then, Mr. Park spotted her at the back of the classroom's back door, hiding. "Hyun Ae? Come here!" He motioned her to come in. She was surprised and walked fast to Mr. Park.

"What are you doing here? Were you looking for me? You looked like a pro stalker behind the doors. Hahahah!" He joked.

"Songsaengnim is the one who wanted me to come, so I came! Now you're calling me a stalker? Aish." Hyun Ae grunted and whined like her relationship with Mr. Park was almost like daughter and father.

Se Hun and Kai looked up immediately and stooped from writing what's on the board after hearing that familiar voice. Kai smirked and let his pencil down. "Yah. Stop smirking. You look like you're wan to her." Se Hun whispered.

"Oh, so you noticed too? That's surprising." 

Se Hun paused for a sec. 'I did notice' he thought and gave a weird look to himself. "That's 'cause she's too noisy." Being his typical self, the cocky Se Hun defended himself.

"Oh right, I did call you to meet me. Bian, bian. I was about to ask you things but I guess this isn't the right time now." Mr. Park scratch the back of his head and smiled goofly.

"Songsaengnim!" Kai raised up his hand and rose from his seat. Se Hun looked at him with glare. 'What's he up to now?'  He thought. "I'm gonna go to the toilet." He said.

"Nae." Mr. Park approved.

'He's here!' Hyun Ae found herself excited as she heard Kai's voice and his figure. In other words, butterflies in the stomach? 'But why?'  She asked herself. While Kai was passing by, he managed to whisper to Hyun Ae, "Hye". Before his last footstep out of the class, he gave her a smile. Hyun Ae was all red, from her cheeks to her ears, she felt somewhat hot in her body.

" 'Hy-hye?' " She repeated Kai's greeting.

"What's the matter Hyun Ae?" Mr. Park stared at her face. "Yah! You're brilliant red! Tomato face! Are you sick? You're okay when you came in though. L-

"I'm fine." Hyun Ae walked backwards out of the classroom, covering burrying her face under her hair. "I'll get going now." She bowed and left.


••• 


10:05PM

​"Uncle's not home yet." Hyun Ae looks at the clock hanging on the wall, "Hm. Let's clean some stuffs up before he get home." Hyun Ae rose from the dinning chair and went to the sink at washed the dishes.

She kept on thinking about what happened to school. 'Tch. Whenever I think about that arragont grumpy cat, I'll be having negative thoughts. This ain't right.' 

'But'

"Hye"

"HYE? HYE? HYEEEEEEE?!!" Hyun Ae shooked her head violently and she knew herself that just by that one single word, she'll be red. Brilliant red! "Crap! Oww." She groaned in pain. "Paboya, Hyun Ae. You're washing a knife for god's sake, this is no time for thinking about stuffs!" She got herself a new cut from the knife. She put way to many soap on that makes the knife quite slippery.

After washing the dishes, she got herself bandaid. 

"This is no good. Why am I like this." She touched her hot red face with frowned eyebrows. Suddenly, her phone rang. She snapped out and quickly answered the call. "Yah. Did something happened at school?" It was Mi Young on the other line. 

"Ah! Mi Young ah. Where were you?" Hyun Ae tried to avoid her question.

"I got problems and spit it out already!" Mi Young said as she was talking about school. "Spit what out?" Hyun Ae played dumb and went into her room. She then slumped to her bed and looked up at the ceiling. "Aish this girl. Something happened at school right? I heard it all from Sang Mi." Mi Young blurted out.

Hyun Ae scoffed a bit, "Nothing much happened but Sang Mi said people are keeping an eye on me nowadays. Since that jerk talked to me." 

"So he really did start the conversation first?"

"Kinda."

"I see. Talking to him is like a risk you know. He has so many girls waiting for him yet he never shows any interest. No one knows what kind of girl he like yet but I bet people know now." Mi Young chuckled. "Hm. I'm too tired to think about it, Mi Young ah." Hyun Ae burried her face on her pillow and hugged it tightly. "You don't have to think about it, Hyun Ae." said Mi young. "So how's things with your model thing doing? All good?"

"You know, Mi young ah, from that jerk's words, I felt a little bit down. The other day, he said that I have no style." 

"Wow. That's a major ouch. I think there's something wrong within those notes you took." Mi Young declared. "Yeah, I thought so too." Hyun Ae agreed. "But, with only notes, magazines and books, that's not enough, you know."

Hyun Ae got up from Mi Young's words and sat straight. "What do you mean?". Mi Young hummed for a few seconds and then she asked again, "Do you have any news on your last audition/interview?" 

"Sadly, no." Hyun Ae pouted. "I think you might need a..." Mi young didn't finished her words.

"Need a?" Hyun Ae tried to continue it. "Need a coach."

"Coach?!" 

"Yeah, coach." Mi Young answered. "Where can I find one?"

"We'll talk about this later, alright? I'm sleepy now." She could hear the sound of Mi Young's yawning. "Alright." Hyun Ae ended the call. 'A coach?'  She got confused just by thinking of where to get one. She would do anything for this , and when it's anything, it's anything.

 

 

Wasting her night on searching for a modeling coach online, she finally began to get sleepy. She stopped and turned off her laptop. She didn't even look at the time and just hopped into her bed with her phone beside her. It's like a daily routine for her before she goes to sleep, she will think about what happened at school again. Doesn't everyone does that?

Again, she thought about Kai.

'Do I like him or something?'  She thought. "Being nervous and excited to see him plus, being red. His smile..." She slipped the words from with her hands covering her eyes. "He's a playboy."

Now, she remembered what her bestfriends said. "Is he a bad guy?" She blurted out. "A bad guy that keeps running around my mind."

"But most importantly,

just 'cause the smile of a playboy, I think my overies would explode anytime. Well that ..."



Name: Kim Jong-In

Nickname: Kai

Height: 182CM

Weight: Unknown

Goal:-

"A very sociable character, doesn nothing but spending money on useless things.  A lady killer and has a killer smile. Playboy type."