Ego

Wonderwall

 



CHAPTER 7: EGO



Hyun Ae's POV

12 sharp in the afternoon and no apology text from the 'Black Prince'. Hm. 

'Hell no, I'm pouting? Damn why do I expect much from him anyways? He can't even make the situation okay now. I bet he'd care less. Okay, him. Same goes to myself. I can't believe I'm expecting an apology from a guy who's cocky and dark and just overall evil! Pure evil! Maybe a pinch of kindness but that doesn't change my thoughts of him. He is too damn hard to handle!'

I talked to myself in my mind. 

"Hyun Ae."

Uncle barged in my room. Oh. 

"Need something?" I put on my grumpy face and arched brows at him. He did the same in return, "What's wrong? You look... like a cranky granny." What?  "Nothing." I lied. "Oh come on! I'm your uncle God damn it. I was gonna take you out for lunch and now you're just being a stuck-up. PMS or something?" I gasped at him, "Excuse me? You barged in my room and sorry if my mood is ruining yours!" 

Uncle placed his hands on his waist. "Yah. At least tell me what's going on. We're going out for lunch no matter what so whether you like it or not, get ready and I'll be waiting outside. I BARELY get any days-off so don't spoil everything I've planned." 

What the ?

"It's weekend!!" I shouted as he slammed my door right in front of my face. "Whatever!" He shouted back... chill. It's just lunch.


"You're joking!" Kai grinned, getting himself ready to laugh his off.

Se Hun sighed and rolled his eyes. "Again, Kai. I'm NOT joking." He put his cup down. "Serves you right though. I told you to be more softer to their keen but you don't wanna listen." Kai said. "You didn't listen to my whole story in the beggining? She started it first, why are you siding her on? Kai!" Se Hun grunted and sit up straight. "Yes, she did and I'm not siding her but don't you think your actions are no different than a child? As a gentleman, you should apologize first, you know?" He took a sip of his coffee.

"Too bad, I'm not a gentleman like you." Se Hun snorted. Kai laughed and wiped his tears of laughter made by his bestfriend. "This won't end just like that, right? Plus, I'm sure you got more to handle than this. So settle this in the simple way; Apologize. Easy right?" Kai said sarcastically. "Easy your chocolate . I ain't gonna throw away my pride for this ." Se Hun declared. "Well then, suit yourself." Kai stretched. "I helped." He continued.

Just right after, Se Hun's phone vibrated on the coffee table. For your information, they're at a coffee shop downtown. Se Hun put on a sad expression as he read the text he just received. Kai looked at his features, "What's up?" He asked. " my life...." Se Hun muttered before handing his phone to Kai and begin to massage his temples.  

Kai just laughed at the text and smiled at the stressed Se Hun. "Go out with her, dude! There's nothing wrong with that!" Kai shrugged his shoulders to Se Hun's. "You're in your right state of mind?" Se Hun looked at him as Kai nodded. "Great 'cause I'm not gonna!" He semi-shouted. Kai was fed up by his bestfriend's freaking boring attitude so he took Se Hun's phone and replied the text himself. "Too bad, 'cause you need too." He smiled.

"What do you mean? Kai, stop bl- HOLY YOU DID NOT JUST DO THAT TO ME." 

He took his phone from Kai's hand and looked clearly at the text that says: "No prob. Meet you there in a few minutes." Kai smiled with full satisfaction and drank his coffee, "Oh well, I did." He proudly said. "There is no way I'm going out with her, nu-uh. I'm gonna cancel this up and-"

His phone vibrated again.

"Oh, she replied already? Uwa she must be excited. Don't give her false hope now, buddy." Kai tapped on Se Hun's shoulder. "KAI." He called. "Yeap?" He answered. "I NEVER DID GIVE HER ANY HOPES." 

Several hours later...

"Yah! You should be done by now. It took you half an hour to look for the 'perfect' clothes and you end up picking only one. Ppali!" Se Hun arched his brows as the younger girl went through each one of the clothes that were hanging. "You're the one who accepted my invitation so bear with me." She simply said without even looking at him.

"For your clueless information, the one who accepted your invitation wasn't me. It was Kai." He said and continued; "Plus, would you think I'd use emojis to text anyone? Especially females?" The girl shrugged her shoulders and sigh, "You're speaking common sense again." 

Se Hun snorted. "Have I ever not?" 

"I didn't say that!" The girl stomped her foot. "Ara, ara. Go pay you're clothes and I'll be waiting outside. Be fast!" He ordered her and excused as he said himself. "Aish..." The girl clenched her teeth.

 

 

"You want anything more?" Uncle kept his wallet inside his jeans' pocket. "Ani. Thank you for the ice-cream!" Hyun Ae smiled brightly at him before her melting ice-cream. "Are you sure? Don't you wanna go shopping or anything?" Uncle asked and Hyun Ae shooked.

He swinged his hand to her shoulder and shaked her a bit. "We don't hang out often like this. Come one, Say it and I'll buy it." 

"A car."

"WHAT THE-"

"No? Fine then."

"Give me something reasonable for once."

Hyun Ae didn't answer him thus, she looked around town and searched for her interest. Her eyes came across a vintage shop just few metres away form them. "What about that shop? That looks interesting." She pointed the shop. "That? Hm... well okay then." He agreed and they went as said. As they were gradually getting closer to the shop, Hyun Ae stopped with her eyes looking at the other side of the shop. Or to be more accurate, she spotted the figure of Oh Se Hun, waiting patiently for something, someone. Either. 

They were literally few steps away from the shop until Hyun Ae slowly walked backwards. Se Hun was looking down on his phone with his earphones on. "Yah, eodiya? Why are you-" Uncle's sentence was cut-off.

"I changed my mind. I don't wanna go here. RETREAT!" Hyun Ae said as she hurried to make her great escape. Something fell on the floor and she knew it was her's. Her old MP3 player. She yelped when a voice called her.

"Excuse me, miss?" It was Se Hun.

'It that really him? Why the soft voice? Is he always like this to strangers? I thought he doesn't talk to girls!'  

Hyun Ae was sweating together with her melting ice-cream. Uncle just stood beside her questioning himself why is she acting weird. Is it because of the boy? Obviously, duh! "Y-Yes?!" She shuttered without looking back to him.

"I assume this is yours?" Se Hun asked, his hand giving out her MP3 player. He was expecting her to at least say thank you or smile back but she didn't. She tried to reach out for the MP3 player and ended up failing instead. Yes, she fell and her ice-cream too (Damn). Uncle startled and rushed to her. "Hyun Ae! Are you alright? What were you doing!" He shouted.

Se Hun stopped, "Hyun Ae?" He looked down at her. "YOU!" He pointed at her too. "I knew it!" Uncle shouted again. The previous girl walked out of the boutique and called for Se Hun. "Se Hun!" She gasped when she saw the situation. Hyun Ae scoffed when she saw her rushing to Se Hun's side. "Not now." Se Hun shooed her away but she was presistant.

Hyun Ae got up with a heavy, angry breathing from her nose and grabbed her MP3 player from his hand furiously. "Yes, I'm Hyun Ae! And yes, this is mine!" She showed her MP3. "Now if you and your girlfriend would kindly excuse us, MOVE." She pointed to the other direction for them to head out.

"Girlfriend?! Who's girlfriend? Mine?" Se Hun scoffed and placed his hands on his hips. "This girl is really..." He muttered. "Yah, Bae Hyun Ae. Stop making up your own conclusions before even investigating! Being mad at me for no reason when I picked up your MP3 player for you! We'll excuse you alright! Have a fun evening with your damn boyfriend!!" He said. "Excuseeeeee me?!" Uncle stepped in between Hyun Ae and Se Hun when he was just as close to face her up real close. 

"First of all, mister, WHO are YOU to talk like that to my niece? Second, I am her UNCLE, not her BOYFRIEND."

"Oh well. That's a bummer. What Se Hun said or more like shouted just now was fake. Indeed, I'm his girlfriend." The girl smiled at Hyun Ae. Hyun Ae was devistated, irritated and raged. "Shut your mouth for 's sake!" He yanked the girls hand from grabbing onto his arm.

Hyun Ae grabbed her uncle's arm. "Let's go." She said.

The two of them left Se Hun and the girl. "Wowww. She lookd really mad. I think she's on period." She declared. "That's cause you can shut the up. I'm done with you. Bye." He too, left the girl alone with angry footsteps and a grumpy face.

"Kay, great! I'm left alone!"



To Be Continued...