Do You Need Me?

Wonderwall

 



Chapter 4: Do You Need Me?



"Hyun Ae, wake up. I made breakfast already."

"Uncle." Hyun Ae woke up to her Uncle's voice and to the morning sunlight. Uncle opened the curtains and the windows to let fresh air enter her room.

She woke up and rubbed her eyes. Uncle turned back to her and half shouted, "Yah! What happened to your face?!". Hyun Ae touched her face and realized there were plusters and some white pads attatched to her face. "Ah. I still have them on." She simply answered. "What do you mean you still have them on?!" Her Uncle shouted again. "Shh!" Hyun Ae hissed.

Uncle sighed and shooked his head. "Get up and go bath. After that, eat your breakfast and I'm gonna check those on your face." He comanded and Hyun Ae nodded. She quickly got up and went into the bathroom. "I haven't been home only for 2 nights and this happened? Aigooya. Who's really gonna take care of you while I'm gone, Hyun Ae ah?" Again, he shooked his head and stepped out of her room.

--

"Uncle actually noticed... and he's back." Hyun Ae closed the door with her palms and rested her back on it for a while. She looked at the mirror just across her and was surprised herself. "Anyone could notice it!" She said. "Oww..." She endured a bit pain at her ribs.

She showered quickly and covered her face with a bit of make up.


School

"You're amazing, Hyun Ae." Mi Young chuckled. Sang Mi nodded in agreement and laughed too. "You do realize that this is still the first week of school, right?" She jokingly asked. "I do, wae?" Hyun Ae asked back with raised brows. The more she gave her confused look, the more her friends laughed. "What are you guys laughing for? Stop it." She got slightly mad.

Mi Young looked at Sang Mi with a sly smile and turned back to her. "Basically, you've been into some troubles that leads you to luck, though." She declared. "Plus, it's too early to start a havoc at school but what the heck." Sang Mi exclaimed.

"Okay guys you really need to get straight to the point here." Hyun Ae rolled her eyes. "You guys know I'm a bit slow in these kind of things."

Sang Mi then shoved her hand in her bag, digging for something. Hyun Ae and Mi Young waited patiently until Sang Mi grabbed what she wanted. She slammed the monthly magazine on her desk. Hyun Ae tilted her head as the magazine was upside down. "Go on, take a look." Mi Young smiled.

Hyun Ae took the magazine and looked at it clearly. "What the-" The rubbed her eyes incase she's seeing weird stuffs but she's not. Its real! Reality. "What the hell is this?!" She shouted in confusion and dropped the magazine. She pointed at the cover of it and made a crooked smile, "Don't tell me that's..." She looked up to her friends.

"Oh Se Hun!" Sang Mi and Mi Young said his name out in sync, making Hyun Ae crazy. 

"Why is he on the cover of the magazine?!" She asked.

"That's the thing. Well, both of us forgot to tell you that he's a model." Mi Young simply answered her. "That's right." Sang Mi nodded. "If we didn't tell you early than this, that wouldn't happen to you." She pointed and Hyun Ae's bruised face. "Seolma." Hyun Ae dropped her shoulders while starring at Se Hun's perfect poker expression on the cover of the magazine.

 

"He could be your coach, you know."- Mi Young.

"No."

"Why not?"- Sang Mi.

"Don't be ridiculous, he wouldn't accept me as a student."

"You can convince him"- Mi Young.

"In what way?"

"Be nice to him."- Sang Mi.

"He's not worthy to be nice with."

"At least he's kind enough not to ignore you." Both Sang Mi and Mi Young looked at Hyun Ae. She rolled her eyes and let out a heavy sigh. "Guys, I've caused him too much troubles already. I can't be burdensome." She said. Sang Mi and Mi Young just kept quiet and looked down.

--

It was Thursday, which means class 2-5 will be having their P.E lesson today before recess time. The students got excited and changed their uniforms withing less than 15 minutes so they could play more. The trio, on the other hand, took their time in changing. "We're not so into sports, huh?" Mi Young laughed looking at the three of them. "I hate sports." Sang Mi said.

Hyun Ae was busy looking at her face on the mirror. She looked down and folded her clothes silently while reminiscing back what happened yesterday. 'I wonder what'll happen if he wasn't there?'  She asked herself. She never expected Se Hun to come to the rescue. Maybe he wasn't some typical cocky arrogant dude at all. Hyun Ae unconciously smiled. Sang Mi looked and her and poked her. "Uwa! You're smiling alone. Who're you thinking of?" She teased. "W-what?" Hyun Ae snapped out.

"It's either Kai or Se Hun." Mi Young smiled. "Only these two are in her thoughts." She continued.

Hyun Ae tried to protest but she gave up. What for protesting when what was said is true? "Alright, let's go now!" Sang Mi dragged both of them out. As soon as they went out, they saw some seniors using their P.E uniforms. The three of them tilted their heads. "Are the seniors happen to have the same lesson as us or what?" Mi Young asked. "I think they're from 3-2" Sang Mi blurted out.

'3-2?' 

"Hey! The three of you! What are you guys doing just standing there?"

The trio flinched and turned back slowly to face their P.E teacher. "Aren't you girls in my class? Don't just stand there! You! The one with the pigtails!" He pointed at Mi Young. "N-nae, sonsaengnim!" She immediately answered. "Help me take some stuffs from the store!" He comanded and Mi Young quickly did as she was told to. "You!" He pointed at Sang Mi. "Nae, songsaengnim!" She saluted. "Go help the pigtails girl." She quickly ran to Mi Young's direction as soon as she got her command.

"You can go to the field now." The teacher calmly said to Hyun Ae and left while shooking his head. He muttered something. She furrowed her brows. 

"You!"

Hyun Ae flinched and widened her eyes. She swore sonsaengnim had left few seconds ago. She turned around to the voice and saw Kai smiling at her. "Kai... sunbaenim..." She called out his name in relieve. Kai laughed at approached her. "You looked so scared!" He continued to laugh. 

"You're having your P.E lesson?" He asked. "Obviously." She glanced at him. "I'm pretty jealous of 3-2 now." He ruffled his hair and scoffed. "Wae?" Hyun Ae asked comfortably. "If I were in that class, I could see you in your P.E uniform every Thursday. You're more cuter when you put your hair up, too." He commented on Hyun Ae's appereance. It made her blush, so she looked down.

"Wait a second."

She paused and looked up to Kai. His head was near her face. "W-what t-"

"Who did this?" Kai held her hands as she was about to push Kai away from her. "Did what?" Hyun Ae tried to play dumb but she knew that Kai was talking about her face. "Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. Who did this?" Kai asked again with a stern voice. "No one." She decided not to tell the truth. "Hyun Ae, when we first met before, you bowed to me and said "Please take care of me", am I right?" He asked.

Hyun Ae nodded. Her eyes were slightly big. 'He remembered!'  She cheered in herself.

"You're not letting me take care of you now. Why?" He looked at her deeply at the eyes. She looked away, tried to break the eye-contact. "I swear, it's nothing." She looked down. "Don't force me. Please?" She pleaded. Kai couldn't stand her and let her hands go. "Arasseo. But if things like this happens again, tell me as soon as possible, alright? I don't think I can keep my mind calm knowing that you're in danger."

She looked up at Kai. Kai returned with a smile and patted her head. "See you around, Hyun Ae." He left.

'Hm... He's always patting my head.'  

--

"Hyo Ri." Se Hun called out for the girl in her P.E uniform. She looked back with excitement, feeling like she was in a dream because of Se Hun's first greet towards her. "What is it?" She smiled.

'Oh Lord, stop acting so cute for heaven's sake. So dis-gus-ting.' Se Hun scoffed and get all serious. "I got some business to talk with you." He said with a serious tone.

Hyo Ri made a sly smile and chuckled, "If it's about apologizing, you don't have to worry. I've forgiven you already." 

Se Hun turned his face to his shoulder just to puke out some imaginary grossness he got from Hyo Ri's words. "I got no intentions to beg for forgiveness or even say sorry to you." He arched his brows. "I'm here to talk about Hyun Ae." He crossed his arms and straightened up a bit. 

Hyo Ri's smile completely vanished after hearing Hyun Ae's name. "What about her?" She snorted and rolled her eyes. "What did you do to her?" Se Hun slammed his palm to the wall so Hyo Ri couldn't escape or exit herself. "What?" She asked back.

"You asked some filfthy s to get her didn't you? Oh wait, no. You paid some filfthy s to her didn't you? That's the right one." He sarcastically said. "Even if I did, what does it have to do with you?" She asked back.

"Why are you doing this?" 

"Why are you so fired up about that girl?"

"You're low if you did that just because she got my attention." Se Hun blurted out. She chuckled in an evil way. "I told you, I'd do her right, didn't I? What's so great about that anyways?"

Just like yesterday, rage and anger built up in Se Hun after hearing Hyo Ri insulted Hyun Ae. ', I could hit you anytime I want.' He cursed in his mind and gritted his teeth.

"You're getting so serious in this . I've never seen you like this. You barely even know her. What? Is she your or anything? Gee-

SLAP

Hyo Ri's face turned position, following the direction where Se Hun slapped her hard. It was red, obviously and clearly it was red. He let out a heavy breathing from his nose and groomed himself from anger that he just released. 

"She's worth protecting. The only and that I know here is YOU." He coldly exclaimed. "She's not my friend for benefits." He added and turned back.

"You're mean, Se Hun." Hyo Ri sniffed. By some sniffing being heard, she's obviously crying. "You even slapped a girl because of Hyun Ae. I wonder how many would you do next for standing up to her?" She continued.

Se Hun scoffed and smirked. "Heh. I know I'm mean and cruel and all those other s. I wonder myself, how many other would I do this to also but listen up." He walked to Hyo Ri and leaned to her ear to whisper something;

"I dare you to hurt her like that again, I'll rip your guts out through your ."

Se Hun smiled as he could feel Hyo Ri's shaky breath. "At least she's a good girl." He again, sarcastically said. "Bye then." He bid goodbye and left. Hyo Ri dropped down immediately after he left. Her knees were to weak to support her. "What the is this..." she looked down and covered her face.

 

"Omo. Are you for real?" 

"I don't exactly know why she's doing this but i don't want to think much about it."

"Okay then, did you thank him yet?"

Hyun Ae raised her brows at Sang Mi. "No... not yet." She shrugged her shoulders. "Go and thank him before school ends." Her friend recomended. "I will... maybe." She muttered back.

--

She looked up at the vending machine. Tracing her eyes from the top right corner drink until the left down corner drink. "What would he like to drink?" She asked herself. "What did he bought the other day? Cola?" She tilted her head just buy thinking.

Hyun Ae would buy food for him but she doesn't know what he likes, second, the canteen was too crowded. So she just went to the vending machine to get drinks.

"Oh my god, this is hard." She rested her back     and squat down in defeat. She groaned in frustration and burried her face behind her palms.

"Yah. Move aside." The voice of a man was heard and he slightly kicked her away. She looked up to a grumpy cat. Hyun Ae quickly got up and brushed away the dirt from her skirt. "Se Hun sunbaenim!" She bowed. "Oh it's you." He said back. She moved aside like he asked to.

'How should I start this? Hi? Hello?' 

Hyun Ae just looked at him as he was buying a drink. Mission fail for her. 

"Umm... Hello." She suddenly spoke. Se Hun turned to her with a surprise expression. "Are you sick? You look nervous somehow." He continued. Examining her, Se Hun noticed her face was getting better. "Your face is getting better. Eventhough you cover it with makeup."

"Oh! So you noticed? About that... Thank you for saving me yesterday. If there's anything I could do for you, please inform me as it's how I will pay my gratitude to you." Hyun Ae was blushing, she didn't look at Se Hun straight in the eyes. "And..."

He waited patiently for her next sentence. "It's okay. But you shouldn't wait at school, you know. Going straight home is better. Why did you stay anyway?" He asked as he wanted to know what Hyo Ri said to her.

"It's embarrassing but since you've asked... to start of, my dream is to be a successful model. And to acheive that dream, i've tried to many tips and other things to be one. I went to auditions but I failed. One of my close friends suggested to me to find a coach instead. Hyo Ri eonnie somehow heard of our conversation. She said that she'll help me and asked me to wait at her class after school...." She ended there.

Se Hun laughed. "You're too naive." He smiled warmly and laughed again. 

'He's... laughing...' 

Hyun Ae was in ecstasy by him. "Okay then. See you around." He turned back to leave until she tugged his blazer's sleeve. "I need you." She gathered her courage and spoke up. "You've done so much for me but I really really need you this time. Jebal." She pleaded.

"You..." Se Hun raised an eyebrow. "Why do you need me?" He asked in a frightened expression. "You're a model, right?!" Hyun Ae held his hand with both of her hands and looked at him with eyes full of hope that he would help her. "Where did you g-

She took out the magazine from earlier that was rolled up in her pocket and showed to his face. "That's you right?! So you're a model?! A qualified model?!!" She was getting too excited.

"Let go." He demanded. "Huh?" Hyun Ae was clueless of her actions. "Let go of my hand." She immediately let go and looked down. "I'm sorry." She apologized. He sigh and took the magazine from his hand. "Where did you get this?" He asked.

"My friend...." she answered with her head still looking down. "Meet me tomorrow." He declared. "At the school campus." He continued. "If you're late, I'm gonna kill you. We'll talk about it tomorrow. You want me to be your coach?" He asked back with a soft voice.

Hyun Ae just nodded silently. She's surprised that he'll make some time for her though.


Going Back Time 

'Who would've thought that he'd be that kind.'  Hyun Ae looked down at her shoe, kicked some pebbles on the ground. It's her alone time again where she would always be seperated with the dnamic duo two friends of her's. Hyun Ae was the only one whouse different paths to the apartment. 

Brittttt... Brittttt...

Her phone vibrated in her bag. She stopped and took it out. She received a message from her Uncle.

From: Uncle

Subject: Errands

Hyun Ae ah, are you on your way home? Could you buy some errands? We need milk and some eggs. A packet of plusters too, please. I cut myself while chopping the carrots...

"Aish this Uncle." She gritted her teeth but not long until she smiled. "Does he think I have any money anyways? Aigoo..." She muttered some things before she found some money inderneath her bag when she put her phone back it. "Omo!" She was surprised by the amount. "Uncle must've put them here. I guess he planned it. But why wouldn't he tell me this morning?" She wondered.

 

She looked down at the eggs underneath her. "Hm." Hyun Ae looked at them seriously as if all of them were any different. "Oh well." She randomly took her choice of fresh eggs in a clear polystrene or whatever that thing is called.

"Ah. Cangkamanyeo."

She turned to a young man, looked like a kid as the same age as her at the counter. "I know I brought it but..." She can hear his mumblings since they weren't far away from eachother. 'Did he forgot his wallet?'  She peeked at the things that the boys wanted to buy. "Hm."

Hyun Ae looked down at the money her uncle gave. "I got lots of money now." She counted. It was more than enough to pay for them. Yes, she's thinking of paying for the boy too. The queu was long and people were waiting too. She stood beside the young man and smiled. "Can you do mine's too? I'll pay together." She said.

The boy looked at her with blurry watery eyes and sobbed. She got shocked. "What the- Aaa. No, don't. Wait, what?" She looked at him with furrowed brows. "You're a life saver!" The boy cried. People were looking at them so Hyun Ae quickly gave the money to the cashier and deal with stuffs so they could exit the store ASAP.

"I'm sorry..."

"Sorry?" She looked at him with big eyes. "What for?" She continued. "Why did you spnt your money on a stranger?" The boy asked. 

Hyun Ae smiled and giggled. "One, people are waiting behind us. Two, I got lots of money which I don't know what to spend with. Three, I'm kind-hearted." She laughed at her jokingly last sentence. The boy also laughed. "You're funny." He declared.

"Heheh. My name is Bae Hyun Ae and I'm 17. Bangabsumnida!" She said.

"Ah! Oh I'm Do Kyungsoo. I'm 21." He smiled.

"Tw-t-t-tttt-twenty-one?!!" She screamed. Her face was full with disbelieve. "Omo! I've been talking formally with you!" She added. "It's okay, I get that a lot." He chuckled. 'What a cute man with a cute grin. Squishy...'  Hyun Ae was dazed by Do Kyungsoo. "Anyways, Do Kyungsoo-shi, you should've been so forgetful like that." She warned and he nodded. "Got it. And you shouldn't be talking to strangers." She got it back. "You look like a harmless stranger." Hyun Ae joked.


Ding dong! Ding dong! Ding dong!

"What the !" Se Hun grunted. He mumbled stuffs while getting up from the couch and closed his book to get the door. "Yah! You're the most annoying visitor I always have!" He exclaimed and arched his brows at Kai. "And yet you still want me here." Kai leaned closer to him and gave him a bit of an awe feeling. He took off his shoes and got in. Se Hun rolled his eyes and shut the door.

"So what's up, man?" Kai patted his back at threw himself to the beanie bag. "I need your prespective and opinions." Se Hun said. "'Bout what?" Kai looked at him. "Hyun Ae." He simply answered. 

Kai turned to him and grinned. "What about her?" He asked, in the most interest he could give. "Did she tld you about her 'dreams'?" Se Hun asked. "Nope."

Se Hun sigh. "Ottoke? She found out that I'm a model." He rested her face on his palm. "And?" Kai asked. "She wants to be one too. That's more like her DESIRE." He continued. "And?" Kai asked again. "She wants me..." Se Hun stopped and blushed. Don't know why it seemed so embarrassing. "To be her modeling coach." He cleared his throat.

Kai's expression dropped when he heard that. "You want my opinion about that? I'll make it short and simple. NO." He answered. Se Hun was in confusion. "Wae?"

"The more she's close to you, the more dangerous her state will be in." 

"You got a point there but it's not like we're in a special relationship right?" Se Hun asked while looking worried.

"I ditch the club tonight for this . Hm. Seems worth it." Kai blurted out. Se Hun groaned. "Kaiiiii."

"Ara, ara. Whatever your choice is, I don't give a damn  BUT whatever happens to her, I'd give tons of . There are the bads and the goods in this. The bad thing is you're putting her in more danger. The good thing is you're helping her with her dreams. The bad thing for me is, you get to spend much more time with her. That's not necessary, I know. When you slipped 'YES' from your mouth, she is under your care." Kai looked damn serious.

"But if she's hurt, I won't hesitate to steal her from you. 'Cause I LIKE HER. A lot."



A.N; Chapter 4 is out, Oh yeah~ BOOM SHAKALAKA. So hye guys, how's your day? Enjoyed the chapter? No? Lol. Sorry. Anyways, guys. So it's clear that Kai is interested in Hyun Ae and vice versa. What about Se Hun? Does he not have the same feelings? YET. Kekeke. So that is it, guys, I hope you enjoyed and tq for reading :) Xx  

Tharanghae, BABZ! <3 <3


Name: Jo In Sung

Age: 33 yrs old

Role: Hyun Ae's uncle

Occupation: Pro. Photographer

Height: 186CM

Weight: 76KG

"A warm-hearted single man who's in his 30s life. Very caring and strict when it comes to his stubborn niece."