Final

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few months passed by quickly and now Donghae and Minhee had successfully debuted as a duo and their song and album became a big hit in South Korea. Their album also got good responses from international fans and got various kinds of awards at every end-year awards that year. They also were awarded as Best Couple in MBC Entertainment Awards regarding how popular they were in the virtual marriage show, We Got Married.

"Will you marry me?" Donghae surprised everyone that attended the SMTOWN Concert including all SM artists when he suddenly was down on one knee while holding the small box containing a ring in front of Minhee after their usual bow session on the closing ceremony of the concert. Shock gasps and murmurs could be heard throughout the auditorium and the idols on the stage all had shocked expressions hanging on their faces, including Minhee herself. Then, silence filled the auditorium as if they were all waiting for Minhee's answer.

Minhee, who was too shocked at his action, seemed to take forever to give an answer, looking at Donghae and the ring in the box he held back and forth. She seemed unable to believe her eyes and unable to believe that this was happening in reality, to her. Of course, Donghae had asked her to get married many times and she had imagined how he would propose to her several times, but she had never expected he would propose to her in front of thousands of people, like this. Feeling touched, she couldn't help but got teary-eyed.

“SAY YES! SAY YES! SAY YES!” Everyone inside the auditorium suddenly chanted to Minhee, including the other SM artists on the stage as Minhee seemed to take an eternity to respond to the proposal.

Minhee smiled, wiping a tear that had escaped her eye, then brought the microphone that she held from earlier to to say what everyone wanted her to say.

"Yes" she said through the mic while looking down at Donghae, who instantly had his hopeful eyes sparkled after hearing what she just said. Meanwhile the loud cheers filled the atmosphere.

"W-What?" he asked, asking her to repeat what she just said as he was scared that he only misheard it or it was only his imagination hearing her saying such things.

"Yes, I'll marry you, oppa" she said, smiling gleefully.

Donghae smiled in delight upon hearing that and happily took out the ring from the box. He took Minhee's hand in his and slipped the ring on her finger. After that, everyone applauded for them.

Suddenly...

 “KISSEU, KISSEU, KISSEU, KISSEU…” Everyone chanted together and that made the now engaged couple blush.

Smiling sheepishly, Donghae reached out and gently cupped her face before leaning in and planted a kiss on her lips. With that, loud cheers engulfed the auditorium.

A few months had passed after Donghae’s shocking proposal rocked South Korea, and the day for Donghae and Minhee to tie the knot finally came. The couple held their private wedding in a wedding hall of Lotte World Hotel that was decorated beautifully just for the ceremony.

Besides family members, there were many kpop idols besides SM artists and staff that attended the ceremony. In a glance, the wedding ceremony looked like an end-year awards show because it was full of celebrities.

Donghae, who looked the most handsome in his tuxedo, was standing on the altar with the officiator, waiting for his bride. His palms were sweating and his heart beat so fast. He never felt as nervous as this before.

The guests fell silent when the door of the wedding hall opened revealing Minhee, who looked so beautiful in the princess-like white dress, was walking down the aisle while linking her arm with her dad’s. Her hair was being put into a neat beautiful bun and had a veil on it and there was a tiara placed on the center

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter