WGM Ep 13: Parody

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oppa, stop it!" Minhee grumbled as Donghae kept splashing her with water that was flowing through the tap while letting out a fit giggles. They were doing dishes at that time after having dinner together. Seeing Donghae ignoring her words, she splashed the water back towards him causing laughter to fill the atmosphere in the kitchen. Their laughter continued until the doorbell rang out of a sudden, making the two of them stop whatever they were doing.

"Who's coming at this hour?" the couple said to no one in particular as they dried their hands with the towel in the kitchen before making their way to the door. Soon after the door was opened, the first thing they saw was a staff member handing over what seemed like a tablet and a mission card. After taking the items from the staff, they thanked him then closed the door before they made their way to the living room. Settling down on the couch, they started reading the content of the mission card they just received, becoming more curious than usual as they didn't only get the mission card this time, but also the tablet that they were curious as to what they would need to do with it.

"You will know your mission after you turn on the tablet." That was all that was written on the mission card. Without wasting any time, they immediately did like what the mission card told them to. After the tablet was , the first thing they saw was, there was something written on the screen of the tablet. 

 

A few popular scenes of korean dramas will be shown for you shortly. Please choose one of the scenes and make a parody of it.

 

Before they could say something more, the screen showed the video of the popular sit-up scene in Secret Garden [VIDEO LINK]. They watched the video engrossingly. Sometimes they giggled and blushed while watching it until the next video played automatically. It showed the candy kiss scene from the drama Iris.

 A/N: I couldn't find the short video of this scene.

Their cheeks turned pink upon watching the scene as they imagined themselves doing a parody of the scene together.

"Shall we do this scene?" Donghae asked cheekily. 

Minhee blushed and shyly nudged him by an elbow in protest, earning laughter from Donghae.

The next video was Secret Garden's foam kiss. [VIDEO LINK]

"Let's do this too" Donghae said, wiggling his eyebrows teasingly at her.

"Mwoya~ We need to choose one scene only" she retorted sheepishly.

"Well, then let's do it for fun" Donghae cheekily suggested and immediately received a light slap on the arm from the blushing Minhee. Donghae laughed in response but his laugh abruptly stopped when the last video displayed on the screen. [VIDEO LINK]

"Oh! What is this?!" Donghae looked at the screen with wide eyes in shock and immediately covered the screen with both of his hands, preventing Minhee from watching the embarrassing scene of him and Eunhyuk further.

Minhee burst into laughter at his antics and the scene that she just watched briefly earlier. "What are you doing? I want to watch it!" she said in an amused tone as she tried to remove his hands that were covering the tab screen. Actually, she had already watched it before (a long time ago, to be precise) but now she only wanted to . Seeing him panicking over something like that was so freaking amusing yet cute to her.

"You can't watch it! It has mature contents" he reasoned and his lame excuse caused Minhee to laugh again.

"What? I'm almost 30 years old, you know" Minhee said in between laughter. "Let me take a look" she tried to remove his hands from the tab again. She tried hard and kept trying until Donghae finally gave in. Actually he didn’t give in but melted at how Minhee held his hands which now were in her hands. How firm she held his hands (so that he couldn't cover the tab screen again) causing his cheeks to burn up and his heart to flutter and his shy smile couldn't fade off of his face.

"Omo!" Minhee seemed shocked upon seeing Eunhyuk kissing Donghae's cheek in the video. She covered with one of her hands which technically released both of Donghae's hands from her hold (making Donghae feel sudden emptiness) and laughed in it. "This is so hilarious!" she said in between laughter, couldn't stop laughing.

Donghae lowered his head in embarrassment. "Aish! It's embarrassing!" he whined.

Minhee's laughter could be heard throughout the video playing and that made Donghae feelmore embarrassed, especially when the last part of the video where he and Eunhyuk were about to kiss on the lips was shown. He felt like hiding somewhere at the moment, couldn’t contain his embarrassment. He was too embarrassed. Not to mention, Minhee's laughter became louder once the last part was shown.

"Aigoo, my stomach…" she said in between laughter while patting her already hurt stomach after laughing so hard. "Let's do this scene" she said, still chuckling.

"Aniyo!" Donghae instantly objected. If he didn't object, they might watch the scene over and over again to copy the scene correctly and it would embarrass him more. And for sure, Minhee couldn't and wouldn’t stop laughing even though they would watch it for millions of times.

After the video ended, something else was written on the screen.

 

You are given three chances which means if you failed the first chance then you have two more chances. The third chance is the last one which will decide whether you succeed or fail in this mission. You will only accomplish the mission if the parody you make is 90% similar with the scene you choose.

 

"It's impossible" they murmured in disbelief.

INTERVIEW ROOM

Donghae: The mission we get this time is quite difficult. I think it's more difficult than the missions we got previously.

Minhee: I doubt we will succeed in this mission. I think three chances are not enough. And also, to make sure our parody is 90% similar to the scene we'll choose, I'm not sure if we can do that.

"Do you think we can do this?" Minhee asked unconfidently.

"I don’t know," Donghae replied, unsure.

"What if we failed?" she asked and then noticed that the sentence on the tab screen changed.

 

If you failed in this mission, your house would be taken away and you would be finding your own house by yourselves.

 

“WHAT?!” They stared at the screen in shock before looking at each other, their facial expression didn’t change.

“Mwoya~ That's too cruel!” Donghae protested to the gadget.

"How could they do this to us?" she mumbled, slightly frowning and pouting while looking at the tablet as if the tablet was the one in fault.

Then, the sentence on the screen automatically changed again.

 

Please choose any one of the scenes for you to make a parody of it.

 

"Which scene do you want to do?" Donghae asked.

Minhee blinked as she was thinking about the answer. Not long after that, a mischievous smile curved on her lips. "I choose the last scene," she by choosing the scene where Donghae and Eunhyuk were in it.

"No, no, no. Not that scene" Donghae quickly objected.

"Wae? I want it though"

"No no. Let's just do other scene" 

"But the scene is the easiest though"

"I think the candy kiss is the easiest. Or foam kiss," It was his turn now to back.

"But.... those scenes....our lips…" she hesitated to say a certain word as her pink cheeks slowly turned to a brighter pink.

"What? I don't think there's any problem with it. We've kissed many times anyway," he said shyly yet teasingly meanwhile Minhee shyly hit him on the arm in response.

INTERVIEW ROOM

Q: Which scene do you prefer to act out?

Minhee: The scene of Iris' candy kiss and Secret Garden's foam kiss is a bit...you know (laughs shyly). I think I prefer either the sit-up scene or the last scene where Donghae and Eunhyuk are about to kiss (chuckles at the last part).

Donghae: To be honest, I want to try out all the scenes (laughs shyly). Well, except the last one.

"Let's play 'rock, paper and scissors' game. The winner will decide which scene we will act out," Minhee suggested.

"Okay," Donghae simply agreed.

Then, they started to play the suggested game and Minhee ended up being the winner. She cheered triumphantly meanwhile Donghae didn't pout nor feel disappointed nor complain but only smiled. He actually didn't mind if he was the winner or not because he didn't mind which scene they'd act out. However, he'd be a bit hesitant if she chose the last scene which had him and Eunhyuk together in an embarrassing state. He was embarrassed enough when Minhee was watching the scene earlier and he didn't want to hear Minhee laughing at him again. It would only double up his embarrassment!

"I've made a decision" Minhee spoke. "The scene I choose will be...." she paused for a moment as she was thinking for the last time and Donghae waited for her decision curiously. "...Secret Garden's sit-up scene" 

INTERVIEW ROOM

Q: Why did you choose the sit-up scene among the other scenes?

Minhee: At first, I wanted to do the last scene which showed EunHae’s…intimacy (laughs). But, since Donghae didn't want to do that scene, that's why I chose the sit-up scene. Since the scene comes from my favorite drama, Secret Garden, and the scene is my favourite in the drama, that's why I choose it. 

Q: What do you think about the scene that Minhee chose?

Donghae: In my opinion, the scene is quite difficult. I prefer 'foam kiss' or 'candy kiss'. Keke...

After that, they went to the bedroom to do the mission as the last part of the chosen scene needed them to lay down and cover their whole body with a blanket. After they settled down on the bed, Donghae placed the tab which he brought along with him onto the bed and sat opposite of Minhee who was ready with the sit-up position; her knees bent, her feets placed flat on the bed (both of her legs located in between Donghae's legs), arms crossed over her chest.

Donghae counted down from one to three and right after that, Minhee brought her torso down onto the bed and when she sat up back, surprisingly Donghae gave her a quick kiss on the lips, causing her to gasp and look at him in shock.

"W-What are you d-doing?" she said with her flushed cheeks, a shocked expression still plastered on her face.

"Huh? Wae?" he shot an innocent look, trying hard to suppress his smile which was threatening to form.

"W-Why you—y-you should do it later" she stammered.

"Oh, really?" he blinked innocently. Although his lips weren't smiling, his eyes were and Minhee couldn't help but notice it. She narrowed her eyes at him in suspicion. "You did it on purpose, didn't you? she said, a shy smile slightly etched at the corner of her lips as she tried to not make it obvious.

"A-Aniyo. I just don't remember the scene well," he reasoned, still shooting her his innocent look.

Minhee scrunched up her nose in disbelief but then a frown appeared on her face. "Look, because of you, we only have two chances left now," she grumbled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter