WGM Ep 14: Special Dinner

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week later...

Minhee unusually felt nervous when the car that was driven by her manager headed to the WGM’s filming location; a restaurant. She had been feeling nervous ever since her manager told her that she would be filming WGM today and her heart kept beating fast ever since then. And she knew too well why she felt that way; because he had confessed to her on the last filming and she had rejected him, and mostly because she just found out about her own feelings for him which she had never expected that it would happen, that she would be falling in love, especially with him, Lee Donghae, whom she always considered as a brother. Nope, scratch that―she used to consider him as a brother.

Throughout the journey, her heart kept pounding in her chest and almost every second she took a deep breath to calm herself down – she was so nervous to meet Donghae. Even though at the same time she felt excited, but still her nervousness surpassed everything. And she must admit that she missed him so much. Actually she couldn’t wait to meet him. That just showed her one of the proofs that she was really in love with Donghae.

Ever since she realized that she was sharing the same feelings with Donghae, she always thought of how to confess to him, to tell him that she loved him too which maybe as much as he loved her. But to think that she had rejected him before, she felt guilty and that just made her have less courage to confess. What if he had given up on her? What if he hated her now since she had rejected him? Those were the questions that always played in her mind every time she thought about confessing to him. She was scared that she was too late. She sighed. If only she knew her own feelings for him earlier than him confessing to her....

Minhee snapped out from her trance once the manager’s voice suddenly filled the silence atmosphere telling her that they had arrived at the destination. And that just increased her heart pace. She took a deep breath before getting out of the car then fixed her dress a little. Since she was told beforehand that the filming location was going to be in the restaurant and that they were going to have dinner in the restaurant, that was why now she was wearing a knee length one shoulder black dress and matched heels, her dark brown hair fell down her shoulders.

Making her way to the entrance of the restaurant, she was greeted by a waiter in a suit and when she finally stepped inside, she found herself stepping on the red carpet which had roses all over it and lit candles were arranged in a row at both sides of the carpet. Walking on the red carpet which she believed led her towards where Donghae was, she looked around the restaurant searching for Donghae. The dimmed lights in the empty restaurant made the lit candles stand out, giving out a romantic vibe, and she wasn’t surprised about it since she knew how romantic Donghae was.

She stopped in her tracks when she found the candles that she walked in between were leading her to the stairs as the candles were arranged on the stairs. That somehow told her that Donghae was waiting for her upstairs. She slowly approached the stairs and slowly headed upstairs to where she assumed Donghae was. The closer she thought she was with him, the faster her heart pounded in her chest.

Meanwhile...

 Donghae kept fidgeting in his seat and kept glancing at the stairs where Minhee was supposed to show up, while waiting for her arrival. There were many things that he had never tried with her before that he planned to try for this dinner and his hands now were sweating from nervousness. Though it wasn’t the first time he prepared a romantic dinner for her like this, the fact that this time they would have such a romantic dinner for the first time after his love confession made him feel more nervous. 

Not to mention, her disbelief in love – that was the main reason why he felt so nervous at the time. Everything felt different now after he had confessed his love to her. There was some point that made him feel relief and there was some point that made him feel awry. There were pros and cons of it that he wasn’t aware of before.

Minhee felt her heart beat faster at each of the stairs she stepped on. And when her foot eventually stepped onto the last stair, her face brightened a little upon seeing Donghae. He as usual looked so handsome in the black suit, making her heart flutter even though it wasn’t the first time she saw him in a suit. Maybe this was caused by love too?

Donghae, on the other hand, upon hearing the sound of heels approaching him, his eyes instantly shifted to the stairs and that was when Minhee, who appeared so beautifully like an angel that just fell from heaven, came to his sight. His eyes sparkled and his lips curved into a smile as he slowly got onto his feet, eyeing the beauty in front of him without blinking. She looked like a princess in a fairytale and he felt like he had fallen harder with her.

“Y-You’ve arrived,” he spoke with a shy smile on his lips as he nervously approached her. Once he reached in front of her, he took her hand in his and led her to the seat then pulled the chair for her. After thanking him, she sat on the chair while Donghae took a seat across her. They were seated at a table of two which was the only table there with a lighted candle and a rose in the middle of the table.

 “Whoaa,” she cooed in awe as she looked at the surroundings. They actually were on the rooftop of the restaurant where the table they sat at was in the middle of a big love-shaped light of lit candles. There was a piano set up in the corner and the stars in the sky made the sight look so romantic besides the candles and roses itself. From above, they could see the beautiful night view below through the transparent glass beside them.

After that, a waiter came and took their orders. After the waiter left, Donghae broke the silence by saying. "Uhh...you look so beautiful tonight," he said, still couldn’t tear his gaze off her.

“Thank you,” she said with a little bow, blushing lightly.

After that, silence filled the atmosphere between both of them. They looked so awkward that day as if it was their first meeting as husband and wife in the show. What had happened recently affected their close relationship and that was why Donghae had never wanted to confess to her in the first place. He knew something like this would happen and he really hated it. He regretted confessing to her which he assumed at the wrong time. He supposed he should’ve confessed to her after their last day in filming WGM – only that was the way for them to not be awkward all of a sudden (like right now) while filming. As he had expected, today’s filming was different than usual.

"I missed you."

Donghae’s head snapped up looking at her upon hearing those words from her. It took him by surprise to hear those words from her first because usually he was the first one to say such romantic words to her. Even though she only said 'I miss you', not 'I love you', it still made him feel happy. And he also felt relieved as she broke the awkward silence that had almost suffocated them.

He chuckled shyly, blushing. "I missed you too," he responded sheepishly. The fact that she just said those words to him, he guessed they wouldn’t be as awkward as what he had thought before. And that made him feel relieved.

After a while, their foods arrived and were served by a waiter on the table. The couple thanked them for it and after the waiters left, they began eating their food.

"How is it?" Donghae asked to keep on the conversation.

"Delicious~" she replied with a smile

Donghae nodded in response, smiling satisfiedly.

As they indulged into the most delicious meal of spaghetti and meatballs ever, suddenly a waiter appeared and handed them a pink envelope by placing it on the table. Donghae took the envelope and pulled out its content from it.

“Mission?” He tilted his head after he recognized the content as a mission card. “What will it be? Pepero game?” he cheekily said and both of them laughed shyly afterwards. Then Donghae read what was written on the mission card.

“Please cherish every moment you have together tonight because today will be the last day for both of you....” his voice sounded like a whisper at the mention of the last few words as he paused for a brief second before he continued with his wavering voice, “....as husband and wife.”

Minhee, who heard what was read by Donghae, was stunned after he said the last word. Meanwhile Donghae was still staring at the mission card, reading what was written on the mission card once again just in case he had read it wrongly – he couldn’t believe what he just read.

After reading it for several times (but he still barely could believe it), he slowly looked up at Minhee to see she was in a daze. Like Donghae, she also couldn’t believe what she just heard. She was in shock.

"Y-You sure you read it right?" she asked.

Donghae bit onto his lower lip as he handed her the mission card, in case she wanted to make sure herself of what he just read from the mission card.

After reading the content of the mission card which was similar with what had been read by Donghae earlier, tears started to sting in her eyes. She felt like she had just awakened from the dream. She wasn't ready yet for this, so did Donghae.

"W-What is this? Why so sudden?" she said to no one in particular, her voice wavering, her eyes glistening with tears. Meanwhile, Donghae only lowered his gaze down at the food in front of him, hiding tears which already welled in his eyes.

INTERVIEW ROOM

MINHEE: I knew this was going to happen but I didn't expect it to happen this soon. Time flies so fast that I think we just got married yesterday. To be honest, I'm not ready yet for this. I’m not ready yet to separate with Donghae oppa after what we’ve gone through as husband and wife. We’ve created many beautiful memories together and I’m not ready yet to let more beautiful memories stop up until today.

DONGHAE: I never thought the mission that was given to me which told me to prepare a special dinner for Minhee and make the dinner the most special dinner for he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter