Bracelet

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Auntie, uncle. I think I've to leave now," Minhee said. They were in the living room after having dinner together.

Mrs Cho pouted. "Isn't it too early yet for you to leave? But wait.. What did you just call us? Auntie? Uncle?" Mrs Cho placed her hands on her hips, pretending to be angry.

Minhee grinned while scratching her head. "I think I need a little more time to get used to it," she said. She felt shy and at the same time felt awkward to call them with those names as she just got close with them that day. Moreover, she had never called anyone with those names before, never even once in her life, so it may be difficult for her to do so.

"Minhee, you should sleep here tonight with me so that I can teach you how to play violin" Cho Ara offered.

"I'm sorry, unnie. But, I've many schedules tomorrow. Maybe next time?" Minhee replied.

Ara pouted in response.

"Omma, noona. Minhee must've been tired from the filming today. Let her go home and sleep. Next time I'll bring her here again," Kyuhyun tried to convince his mother and his sister.

"Promise?" Mrs Cho said.

"Aigoo, omma. How can I promise you when we're so busy with our own schedules..." Kyuhyun said.

Mrs Cho pouted. "Arasso," she said disappointedly.

Minhee stood up from sitting on the couch. "I gotta go now," she said. After she stood up, they all followed her standing too as they then sent her off until outside the house.

"Thank you very much for the dinner and treating me like your own daughter, o-omma, appa. It's fun to spend my time with you all. Thank you," Minhee bowed at them. She was standing outside the house with Kyuhyun while the others stood inside the house by the door.

"You should come here again and learn how to play violin with me. After you get some skills to play the violin, you can show off to your fans about your new talent," Cho Ara smiled brightly as she talked about violin.

"Minhee won't show off like you," Kyuhyun said bluntly while his sister gave him a death glare. Minhee just giggled looking at both of them.

"I'm gonna miss you, Minhee ah," Mrs Cho said and spread her arms before she hugged her.

"Me too," Minhee replied, hugging the elder back. "Take care of your health, omma. I'll come here again later, okay?"

"Neh."

After a while, they pulled away from each other's hug. Minhee bid goodbye to Mrs Cho and the others before following Kyuhyun to his car as he would send her home before going back to Super Junior's dorm.

"Kyuhyun-ah, drive your car carefully. And make sure Minhee will arrive home safely!" Mrs Cho said loudly to Kyuhyun who was already walking far away.

"Alright!" Kyuhyun replied, with a loud voice, so his mom could hear him.

 

 

"I'm so jealous of you," Minhee said while staring out of the car window.

"Wae?" Kyuhyun asked while still focusing on the road.

"Because you have a mother, father and sister. What a happy family." 

Kyuhyun fell silent at her words before letting out a soft sigh. "You must've been through a lot..."

"Well...kinda. Whenever I look back to the past, I’ll wonder how I can survive until now," she said with a little chuckle at the end.

Kyuhyun smiled bitterly hearing her words.

"But Minhee.." he voiced. “I really wonder why I never heard any news about your parents before."

Minhee paused as she took a deep breath and exhaled it softly. "All this time, only F(x) members know about this, oppa. No one else until you and your family find out about this today," Minhee replied.

"Why did you keep this matter to yourself?" he asked.

"I didn't, oppa. If anyone asked me about my parents , I'd give them the same answer like what I gave to your parents. But, because no one asked me about this, why would I reveal my sad story without them even wanting to know about it?" Minhee explained.

"When did your parents pass away?"

Minhee fell silent. She'd like to answer it but she didn't even know the exact answer for his question. "I...I don't know."

"You don't know?" he asked, bewildered.

Minhee shook her head. "I...they.." she stuttered as she didn't know what answer she should give him. "I never met them."

"What?!" Kyuhyun couldn’t hide his surpise.

"I spent my whole childhood days in the orphanage," Minhee said as tears started forming in her eyes. Kyuhyun was stunned at what she just said.

"Uhm, I think we've arrived, oppa." She changed the topic as she felt like her tears would fall down anytime soon if they kept talking about the matter. "Our dorm is over there," she pointed at the building where F(x)'s dorm was located.

Kyuhyun stayed silent as he was still shocked by what Minhee just told him. He focused on his driving but his face still wore a shocked expression.

The car stopped just in front of F(x)'s dorm's building. After thanking Kyuhyun for the ride, she was going to open the car door when she felt a firm yet gentle grip on her wrist. She looked down on her wrist and shifted her gaze to Kyuhyun who was staring at her with a serious face. As she was about to say something to him, to her utter surprise, he pulled her into his arms. She stiffened at his sudden action.

"Mianhae. I shouldn't have asked you such questions," Kyuhyun apologized. He felt guilty as he thought he had made Minhee sad because of the questions he had asked her earlier.

"Don't worry, oppa. I'm fine." Minhee smiled warmly though Kyuhyun couldn't see it as he was still hugging her. 

After a while, Kyuhyun pulled away and placed both of his hands on her shoulders. "You're such a strong girl. I never met a girl as strong as you before." His eyes softened looking at her.

"I am what I am today because of what I have gone through before, oppa," Minhee smiled at him. "Thanks to your family, now I know what the actual meaning of family is. And thanks to your parents for giving me an opportunity to feel the love of mother and father. Jeongmal kamsahamnida."

After a while, Minhee got out of the car after they bid their goodbye.

Kyuhyun eyed her walking into the apartment to make sure she'd arrive home safely. ‘I'll protect you no matter what, Minhee. And I'll make sure no one can hurt you anymore after what you've gone through all this time.’ After Minhee disappeared from his sight, he started to drive off back to the dorm.

 

After Minhee got into her bedroom, she threw herself onto the bed, making her bounce up and down on the bed. "What a tired day," she mumbled to herself before yawning.

As her eyelids began to close, the image of Kyuhyun's family picture suddenly came into her mind - making her eyes shot open as she directly got up from laying before walking towards the dressing table in her room. She grabbed a box on the table and opened it. In the box, there were some accessories such as necklaces, earrings and bracelets. She took the bracelet which had a similar design like Kyuhyun's and his family's bracelets and studied it carefully. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter