Chapter 8

The Riddle girl

Lily has been awfully silent ever since Jiyeon appeared. She didn't even glance at N for a split second, didn't laugh at Ken's jokes and didn't even show any kinds of happiness when vixx won for the fourth time! Keeping her head lowered, she just kept following N around looking completely lifeless, if that could happen considering what she is. It was getting on N's nerves. Not only because she's not rambling like always and he kinda missed it, but also for the fact that it came back. That broken look she gave him when he asked her about the phone. It bothered him to no ends.

When they were finally back to the rooftop and just when N thought he'd just ask her what's wrong, he stood there motionless. It was a given that comforting people was N's forte, but for a weird reason, he had no idea what to do with her. He just watched her walking, till she reached the far corner and sat there, looking blankly at nothing.

The aura around her screamed that she should be left alone , but leaving her like that means another restless day for N since he won't be able to sleep well from the over thinking. Although he was really hesitant approaching her, he did anyways. Carefully, he sat down next to her.

She didn't really bother looking at him. She knew he wanted to understand what's going on, but she kinda didn't want to talk at the moment. However, she just felt like it was right for him to know at least that. So before he could say anything, she talked first.

"Jiyeon's my best friend. I haven't talked to her in a really long time," she sighed, leaning more on the wall "and I don't really think she knows about what happened to me"

N was taken back a bit by how sad her voice was. He was used to extremely high pitched notes when she rambles speaks. Once again, he was left a bit paranoid trying to figure out what exactly should he do next.

"It's just that.." she sighed once again "I haven't seen her in a really long time that the moment she showed up... I wanted to hug her so much" she finally looked at N, and he could swear her prefered it when she wasn't "But then I remembered that I can't. Not any more."

At that moment, all N wanted to do was hug her. Secure her in his arms, and make sure she never looks this sad again in her whole life. Looking like that, so vulnerable and empty, gave N the worst heart ache he could ever get. For some funny reason, he wanted to cry for her, since he knows that's something she's dying to do at the moment, yet can't. That disturbing feeling of being so useless to her wasn't really helping. He felt so much agony just by looking at her, that he wished he could just look the other way. However, he was magically lost in her empty gaze and he didn't want to get out.

Was that how it felt like? To crave for something so badly, yet you can't even touch it? He wanted to hug Lily so much at that moemnt, yet he realized that he can't, was that what she felt like when Jiyeon showed up? Is that what she's always feeling like, given that she probably crave for other stuff, not just hugging Jiyeon? Cause if that's it, then damn she has all rights to be like that. Moreover, it didn't make any kinds of sense how extremly cheerful she was. That girl doesn't stop smiling, literally. It can't be all an act, right?

Now that you think about it, maybe that one time she said she was pranking N in being sad, she was actualy telling him the truth. That one time when he made a huge mistake and forgot her..... Honestly, he kinda didn't believe her at first, that's why he promised her, but when she didn't appear affacted at all, he thought she was probably really pranking him. Damn it, what kind of mistake was that?!

"Hakyeon-ah?" out of no where, Leo came in.

"Hmm?" N said, kinda grateful to his friend that he showed up now. It was getting really weird for him today. Like, when on earth did he start missing Lily's rambling?!

"The manger wants you. Said it's something about the concerts." N nodded to him and got ready to leave. Half way towards the door, he noticed that Lily wasn't following. He looked back, singling for her to follow. She shook her head.

"Can you let me stay here tonight? Your manger will come wake you up tomorrow so I'm not really needed. Please" she pleaded and N couldn't really say no.

"Hakyeon, what're you doing?!" Leo glared at N and the freaking empty space he was looking at.

"Nothing, let's just go" Sighing, he dragged his feet and left. He was really irritated by Lily's reply. What exactly did she mean by 'needed'?! Of course she was needed! It wasn't only for waking him up, it's .....

She's just needed that's all he knows! He didn't like the idea of leaving her when she's that depressed, but he didn't really have any other choice. He'd defiantly make sure she's feeling better the next day. Now that, he knows for sure he can do.


Author's note:

From the depression of school and losing a subscriber, I found myself writing ALOT easier than before which explains why this was a bit angsty............ Weird o.O

Anyways, what do you guys think? Do you find this rushed??? I hope you don't ^_^

OOOOOH and for everyone who watched the comeback.... What do you think? 

I LOVE IT SO FREAKING MUCH I KEPT JUMPING AROUND LIKE AN IDIOT LIKE OMG THIS WAS OVERDOSE CUTNESS LIKE WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO MY LIFE!!! AND THE ALBUM.... LET ME JUST SAY MEMORY IS GIVING ME LIFE RIGHT NOW!!!