Chapter 12

The Riddle girl


Lily was left in a daze. Not sure exactly how to react to what he just said, all she could do was stare at him in shock, before ken, the hero of the day, showed up out of nowhere and told him it was time to leave for practice. Just like that, N transformed to Leader Cha and he shifted to work mode, dragging along a still amazed Lily.

Just what on earth did that mean?

What did she say without meaning?

Did he possibly mean the 'love' you part....?

Oh no. No way on earth!
 

I'm just delusional. I probably rambled something inappropriate in between like the normal dork I am. I'm that gorgeously idiotic. True. she kept thinking.
 

The moment they stepped into the concert venue, Lily's mind was completely blank. She was too amazed by the lighting and the decorations to even blink. This scene was more than mind blowing to her. The way these stages were designed, and the way the spot lights shone perfectly on them, making Leo and Ken-who were standing in the middle of the stage practicing their solo stage- shine like angels, was a pure masterpiece. Her love for the place wasn't from her 'fangirly feels', but from her addiction to it.

She used to be an architect anyways.

While Lily was wooing over the place, N went straight into work and everyone started practicing. That didn't stop him from noticing Lily and checking up on her every now and then. It made him happy, how so many insignificant things can make her smile so brightly. Seeing her like that, he couldn't stop the smile from widening on his face. She was clearly having the time of her life following around technicians and listening to their serious English talks, but stupid Hyuk had to ask that stupid question that made N mentally face palm hard.

"Where's Jiyeon noona? I need to ask her about something"

N tried his best not to curse loud at his not-really-helpful friend, especially since he was hoping Lily would never notice the disappearance of her friend. Even their manger didn't cooperate and replied, loud enough for Lily to hear, that she went to visit a friend. It was quite obvious who that friend was, even Leo gave N a surprised look, as if to say *you're right?!!!*.

It was like their words were a curse. The amazed, child-like Lily that was just running around exploring the place, was suddenly turned into a zombie N was getting really familiar with. Instead of following people around, Lily sat at the very end of the concert venue, and stared at nothing. Their eyes locked for a second, in which N wanted to choke the life out of their maknae, before Lily gave him a reassuring smile and looked away. He sighed deeply, knowing that he'll have to think of a way to lighten up her mode before the drama begins.

A sudden smirk was seen on N's face, when he knew how.

Carefully, he headed to where his devoted fangirl was sitting and joined her in her comfort zone. As usual, he pulled his headphones out and placed them on his ears pretending to take a phone call so that he can easily talk to her, without receiving much attention. She didn't even notice his presence till he started talking.

"You're not actually going to miss the next practice are you?!"

She titled her head cutely to the side in confusion and N chuckled deeply at her oblivious expression. "We're doing toxic next you know." He said, trying his best to not look at her, since there were some people looking at him.

"Your dance with Hongbin?" she said, in a barely audible voice.

"Yup." he smirked again "And I know you want to have the time of your life sulking over what'll happen to your friend when she knows about you, but you can't ignore your fangirly needs, now can you?"

Lily giggled a bit, as she was slowly going back to her usual self "You started using 'fangirly' as a normal word now"

"Not my fault though, you're the one who added that to my dictionary, remember?"

Once again, he managed to pull a cute giggle-this time it's more of a laugh-out of Lily, which helped him gain all strength in the world and looked at her, not caring if anyone was looking "Leave the drama of your friend to when she's back, and for now, do your duty as my private fangirl and pump me up. I need that"

Both of them looked gazes for a while, completely liking the silence between them, until stupid maknae made his appearance once again to tell N to leave for practice. The amount of neck slices Hyuk received for no reason were no joke. N was a bit thankful to his friend though, since the little scene they had got Lily laughing hard, and it stopped Lily from witnessing the light shade of pink that N could feel crawling to his cheeks.

Following behind, Lily was recalling what N said about the drama her friend will suffer from.

Man, how wrong he was.

It wasn't Jiyeon she was worried about. It was far from that.
 

The end was getting nearer than expected, she thought.



The night had come to an end and everyone was already leaving the place. The only people left were the boys, their manger, some technicians, and of course the talkative Lily. Ever since the practice for toxic finished, Lily had been spazzing nonstop over how 'y and hot' that dance was. N was more than satisfied with her misery though, it meant that other starlights will like it too. It was one of that moments when N felt like Lily was the most important person in the world, as she could actually assure him that what he's doing is right and fans will like it. If only knew when to shut up......

They were all gathered around in a circle on the stage, mostly looking tired as hell from all the chaos they were in, though Lily was still jumping around their circle with all the energy of the world embedded in her body. She even ignored their talks and Ken's weird jokes, and continued in her fangirl episode. Thankful that his plan of distracting her was successful, N couldn't help but sigh when his manger ended his call with Jiyeon after instructing her to where they were. His frown was obvious afterwards, saying her tone wasn't good at all, making everyone worried. However, N was more troubled with Lily in thought. It was only when Jiyeon got nearer to where they were -and her sobs were clearly heard- that Lily finally noticed that it was time. Everything will fall apart any minute now.

Carefully, she decided to finally sit next to N, muttering a very pleading 'Forgive me' causing N to look at her in confusion. What's wrong? Why are you apologizing? He wanted to ask, but stopped himself from doing that, and averted his attention to the mentally-breaking Jiyeon who was barely making out common speech. Hyuk and the others, with exception of him and Leo, were towering over her trying to comfort her and hopefully understand what was going on.

"Is it about you friend you went to visit?" their manger started. She nodded roughly.

"What happened?" Hyuk asked, worry evident in his tone.

Due to her violent sobs, they could barely make out the words she said. It was something that had "accident" in it and for a weird reason Ken shouted "Leo had an accident!" earning a smack from Ravi. It wasn't his fault though, the name was pretty close to Leo.

"Lily" Hongbin said "Your friend Lily had an accident?" he checked, receiving yet again another violent sob. Leo's eyes went double their original size when he heard that, and looked in pure shock at their leader. N gave a I-told-you-I'm-right look before they both looked at Jiyeon.

"How is she now?" it was Ravi's time to ask now. Somewhere inside, N was getting prepared to actually hear the words from Jiyeon. He thought he was prepared, he really did, but what Jiyeon said was nothing close to what he expected.

"I-in.. a-a c-coma"
 


 

Author's Note

I feel like I need to apologize for two things:

1) My updates are extremly short, I know. It's just that I barely have time to write and I only write on my phone, which hurts my eyes like hell and is really tiring. I try to write more, but I feel like I'm failing miserably. Sorry about that.

2) My updates are slower than ever. Sorry about that too. I'm a miserable High school student, so I don't have much time. 

I really am sorry that this story is lacking ALOT, and I'm extemly thankful to everyone who gave this story a try-even if it's just by reading the description- though it's this bad. I really am thankful.

Oh and if there are any mistakes in this chappie, I'm sorry too. It's 2 AM here and I'm reallllllllllllllllllllllllly sleepy.