Chapter 13

The Riddle girl

Sorry about the wrong update ^^'

Also, happy #VIXX3rdANNIVERSARY xD

Coma. In a coma.

N’s brain kept repeating these words over and over again, trying to comprehend them. Taken back, by the sudden announcement, he wasn’t sure what exactly to feel at that moment. A mix of overwhelming feelings swept inside his body, from happiness, to confusion, to fume. Instead of repeating the words again inside his head, with a voice barely above a whisper, N stated “Not dead. In a coma.”

He wasn’t saying that to someone in particular, however, both Leo and Lily heard that, very clearly. Staring at his friend in both shock and confusion, Leo got lost in his own thoughts, trying to understand himself the wonders of this situation. Before he could do anything though, N suddenly stood up, and immediately left the place. Lily watched as the manger was about to call him, and possibly scold him for leaving like that, before he was stopped by Leo. She didn’t stay around long enough to know what Leo said, because she needed to follow N.

She couldn’t possibly leave him right now.

Not after what he said.

Not after the look he had before he left.

Deep down inside, she knew N believed her dead, but she didn’t really think it was something worth correction. Not really expecting that much of reaction when he knew the truth, she wasn’t prepared for whatever conversation, if not a fight, she’s about to have with N. Too preoccupied with her thoughts, she failed to notice that she followed N all the way back to his hotel room.

Everything in Lily’s guts screamed for her to leave right now before she regrets it, especially since everything around N screamed that he’d kill someone in a matter of seconds. However, they needed to talk; it needed to happen sooner or later. Following him till he sat on his bed, she continued to stare at him, careful with every move she makes till his voice froze her.

“Why?”

It was weak, soft and barely audible, but Lily defiantly heard his question. His aura was no longer screaming anger, just weakness and confusion.

“It wasn’t worth mentioning, Hakyeon” she simply stated, causing the anger to rise once again.

“Wasn’t what?! Are you ing kidding me?! You think such a detail wasn’t worth mentioning?!”

“Did you even hear her?!” she sighed “I’m in a coma Hak-

“Alive!” he screamed “You’re alive! Coma or not, you’re freaking alive! You knew I thought you’re dead-

“It’s been a year, Hakyeon” her voice cracked a bit as if she’s about to burst into tears, however both knew that’s impossible “I am dead. There’s no way on earth I’ll wake up from such coma.” their gazes locked while she talked, making it harder for both of them “And you know what?! I was fine with it!”

“Fine?! You still have a chance to live normally again! how can you be fine with this?!

She bit her bottom lip hard “I’ll never be normal again, Hakyeon. I lost a lot a-and I actually get to have some of it back as a ghost”

“What-

“And I was fine!” she suddenly stated with a voice louder than normal, mainly because she felt like screaming these words to the whole world! “I was fine, till I opened my eyes to find myself here” she gave him a warm smile that he wasn’t much familiar with, but sure as hell melted his heart “Till I knew you. I suddenly crave to be alive again. I suddenly need to be seen by everyone. I wanted to talk with you a lot, without being scared of someone thinking you’re talking to….air” she sighed “I guess that really can never happen”

“You are giving up” he stated.

“I’m being realistic in a non-realistic situation. It sounds insane, even to me, that I’d ever wake up. I didn’t spend the whole time being a ghost with you Hakyeon. I tried, it just doesn’t work”

“That’s probably because you just didn’t believe you can-

“You really shouldn’t care, N.” she coldly cut him, suddenly going back to calling him by his stage name “Just accept the fact that I’ll stay like that till I officially die

There was a moment of silence between the two, in which N could feel his whole body entering a state of complete denial. No matter what, he won’t let her go like that. And there was no way on earth he’ll just have to accept that so-called fact of hers.

“I won’t” he started “I won’t accept any of this, because it’s NOT a fact. I won’t let you stay like that, not after what I just knew”

“Please-

“No!” he snapped “You listen to me, I need you to stay alive, just as much as you crave to. There has to be a way, somehow, there has to be some way to wake you up. GOD!” he screamed “I can’t just realize that you can actually be with me and then be out of hope in a matter of seconds! I can’t!” he stopped once again just to stare at her amazed face for a moment, letting his voice crack in pain “I can’t leave you. There has to be a way!”

Out of all the reactions Lily expected, this was the only one that never crossed her mind. Hakyeon wants her alive, no he needed her alive. Somewhere deep inside, she expected him to be relieved that he can get rid of her by leaving her with her body and going back to Korea, but apparently that wasn’t the case. It did occur to her that he might try to help, though she never thought he’d refuse to let her go like that.

A sudden gasp was heard, freezing both of them, however, when they both realized that they were too engrossed in their talk once again to notice Leo walking in, they were back to acting normal again. It’s not like Leo did know about Lily. A part of the said girl was even thankful for his presence since she wasn’t so sure if she liked where this was going.

“She’s alive, Taekwoon-ah” N broke down, taking both Lily and Leo by surprise with his tears “she’s alive, yet still out of reach”

The only thing Leo could think of doing, and probably what N really needed the most at that moment, was a hug. In between his sobs, and while N’s head was leaning on Leo’s shoulder, N whispered “I desperately need her”