Do I really have a choice?

Trip then Fall

2

You quietly observe your surrounding as you enter the school gate. You feel a heavy weight got lifted from your back when everything’s still what they use to be. ‘Thanks God there’s no blazing stares or sizzling words are being thrown at me.’ And just like every other day, no one seems to notice you while making your way to your classroom as if you don’t exist     or maybe not anymore when you saw the guy you stumbled with yesterday staring straight at your direction. You just bow your head and pass through them with a high pace without throwing a glance back.  

 Break time; your fingers fiddle on the paper bag on your hand while waiting for him at the same spot where you encounter him yesterday.

“Yah.” As you heard his voice, you inhale deeply and intently close your eyes before turning to face him. You immediately stretch out to him the paper bag on your hand then bow, “Here. I-I bought a new shirt b-because an accident occurred while i-ironing it. It doesn’t look exactly like yours because I didn’t manage to find the same style but they’re really almost the same. I’m really, really sorry for the trouble.” You look up at him with your pleading full-of-sincerity eyes, only to quickly look down again because you can’t handle the intensity of his stare.

“You will never really find the same style because that was specially customized by my fans club just for me. Ohh~ what do I do now? They will get mad for sure. Who knows what will they do to you.” He stated with a fake distressed voice.

You silently bit your lips as you imagine the situation that awaits you.

“But.. Maybe I can lend some help.” Your gaze automatically flew to his direction.

‘Maybe, he’s not really a bad guy after all.’

“R-really? H-how?” Hope and expectation are written all over your face.

“I’ll tell them that it’s entirely my fault why it got burned.” He plainly said.

“A-are you certain that you’re going to help me?” your eyes were sparkling although a small hint of doubt can be detected.

“Yes, of course.” his answer automatically made you flash a bright eye smile; not noticing how the guy before you got enthralled.

“Thank you~ thank you so much   uhm…?” curiosity on your eyes.

‘Wha    ? For real? She doesn’t know me?? This girl never fails to astound me.’ He cleared his throat before answering. “I’m S-sehun, O-oh Sehun. Geez! Why the heck am I stuttering?

“Nice to meet you Sehun-sshi. I’m ____.” glee never left your face as you seem to see a halo on his head and pure white wings on his back.

His eyes never leave your face as he nods then, “Oh by the way ____-sshi, perhaps you’re already aware that there's no free in this world, right?” smirk starts to form on his face as the bulb on his head glow.

 In a split of a second, your expression changes again; the small doubt and worries you have earlier has now fully taken over.

‘Ugh, of course ____. Why didn’t you think about that? You should return a favor too. There’s no free in this world’, ‘But, what is he going to ask in exchange? Can I really trust him?

While your emotions are all stirred up and in a brink of war, Sehun continue to watch every expressions you make with his eyes full of amusement and fascination.

You sigh deeply then, “W-what will you ask in return?”

“You’re going to be my slave    uhh no, it makes me look like a bad person. Uhm.. servant, assistant, Ah! Yes, that! You’ll be my assistant and you must obey all the orders that I will give you.” He boldly said as if he’s just giving his order in a restaurant.

“I-I think I didn’t hear you right? I-I’ll be your w-what?” You were struck dumb as you asked yourself how the halo earlier easily changed into horns.

“My assistant. You will be my assistant. I heard you’re a walking library so maybe we can use that as part of your service. Don’t worry, we will keep it private to avoid unwanted bashes.”

“What if I r-refuse?” you timidly asked.

“I’m not sure too. We will know the answer tomorrow when the news reaches my fans. Well, I am giving the decision in your hands Miss. It’s either to take it or leave it.”

‘Does he really consider that as choices? But, good gracious~ otoke? You don’t know them exactly but there are different accounts regarding EXO’s (their group name) fan clubs; and they are known to be really ‘protective’ to the point of becoming a bit possessive. They can be really ferocious when their beloved oppas are involved. How in this world can you manage to deal with them if you can’t even calm yourself down when there are many people around?’,
‘How sure can I be that he won’t break the deal?’
‘But still, he’s the only one who could help or should I say save me right now so I have no choice but to trust him.’
You groan inwardly as you accept your own defeat.

“O-okay, I-I’ll accept it.” You sigh deeply.
“Good. Now give me your phone.” He commanded.
“E-eh? W-wae?” confusion all over your face.
“Ah-uh~ this isn’t a good start. You’re already questioning my order? Just give it and PALLI~” You give him your phone and saw him typed something before returning it to you.
“Here. Be sure to call or send me a message so I can save your number. If you didn’t manage to do that before the lunch break ended, consider our deal terminated.”
Still caught in the fast pacing turn of events, you just meekly nod your head before bidding goodbye then dazedly walk back to your classroom.

A smirk form on Sehun’s face as he watches your retreating figure.