Memory lane

Let Me Be Your Knight In Armour

“HELP ME!! Someone??” Lizzy was shouting as hard as she could.
                
It took a while, but in the end a voice reached Kiseop's ears.

“LIZZY!! WHERE ARE YOU?”
                
“Kiseop Oppa!!!” She heard him and kept on shouting.                

Kiseop saw Lizzy and he ran to her.

“What happened to you? How did you get here?" The line of questions stopped when he noticed that she was only wearing a thin shirt. "Ahh, you must be cold.” He gave her his jacket and tried to get her up on her feet. The only result of that action was a loud scream.

“My ankle is sprained!!”

“Aahhh...I'm sorry...”

Kiseop glanced at Lizzy's face.
“Are you crying?”

“I'm...scared...” Lizzy bursted out in tears.

Kiseop was just stading there helpless, unsure on how to react.

"There’s no signal for the phone here. We should get to the waterfall.”

Lizzy wiped her tears.
“But... how? I can’t walk.”

“Get on my back! I will carry you.”
 
      
------------


“Hello! Dongho, I found Lizzy. We're at the waterfall now. I don't think we can come back tonight. It’s too dark
and I lost my torchlight somewhere on the way. We'll see you tomorrow.”

“Ohhh, ok. Be careful hyung. How is she?”

“She’s fine. Don’t worry. I will take care of her. Bye.”
 
“Why didn’t you tell him that my ankle is sprained?”

“They'd just worry more. It's better this way.”

“Ooohhh. Are you not cold?”

“I'm fine. I'll go look for some wood to make a fire. Wait here.”
               
Kiseop was just starting the fire in silence. He had nothing to say. Lizzy was simply watching him and she smiled.The fire was keeping them warm.

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For coming here and looking after me. Then the jacket...and the fire. Thank you.”

“It’s okay. I came because Dongho and Kibum got mad at me because you had left and they were also really worried.”

“Ohhh. How did you know I was here?”

“I asked Dongmin. You and Dongmin...you seem pretty close.” Kiseop was looking at her.

“He’s like the little brother I never had. You know what, he said I looked like his sister.”

“Really? Hmm. A little bit.”

“Did you know his sister?”

“I think so. I met his mum just now. His mum is my ex-girlfriend Shin-hye's mother. But I never know she had a little brother.”

“Ooohh...”

“She’s already passed away.”

“I know, Dongmin told me just now. It was 4 years ago, when he was only 4. He said his sister used to bring him here all the time. He wouldn't stop talking about her. He must have loved his sister a lot.”

“He did? This was our place. Mine and Shin-hye's, I mean. It was where we first met...and when we had our first kiss...and...a lot of memories.” He was talking with a passion Lizzy has never seen before. It was almost like he was a totally different person.

“So, do you still love her?”

“Why are you asking me this?”

“I don't know. It just crossed my mind.”

He remained silent for a couple of seconds.
“Actually... I almost forgot about her. I really want to, but I can't. There always has to happen something that reminds me of her. And...I can't stop blaming myself for her death. I'll never be able to forgive myself for that.

That's why I asked Dongho and Kibum to never talk about her again. I don't want that trauma to come back."

“What trauma?”

“Two weeks after we decided to get married, she’s cheated at me. She even dared to kiss the guy in front of me. On the road back home we fought a lot. We were screaming and arguing, all this time while I was driving." Lizzy noticed how his voice changed and how his face straightened up. "Suddenly a drunk guy came out of nowhere and our cars collided. It was a big accident. I woke up in the hospital 3 days later. They said I was in a coma and I might have lost a bit of my memory because I hit my head on the steering-wheel pretty hard.”

“Ohhh, I also hit my head in the woods and I fainted for a while. Maybe I forgot something too.”

“What? Really? Did you bleed?” Kiseop returned to his concerned self.

“No. It’s fine. I remember my dad, Butler Lee, umma, grandpa, Dongho, Kibum and you.”

“Okay, anything else?”

“Uhm, yeah.I remember that you guys threw me a birthday party yesterday and that it was nice.”

“Just that?”

“Yes. Why? Did I forget something?”

“No no. It's good...you remember...all that.” Kiseop smiled and petted her head.



“Did she really forget about that kiss? Wait, why do I even care? I was drunk and it was just a stupid kiss.

Why does my heart ache so much then?..”