Alone...

Let Me Be Your Knight In Armour

 

*Knock* *knock*....

           

“Dongho! Is Lizzy home?” Kibum asked full of concern.

 

“Not yet. Why?! Did something happen?!”

 

“I’ll explain it to you later. It’s getting dark now. I hope she can find the way back.”

           

 

A minute later,

 

“Kibum, what are you doing here?” Kiseop asked, feeling worried and guilty. It made Kibum madder.

 

“What am I doing here?!! You know exactly what!! I’m looking for Lizzy, but she’s not here either. I think she went somewhere and maybe she doesn’t know the way back. And you are the reason!! She kept walking further and further away without looking around, thinking of what you said just now and probably got lost!”

 

“Ohhh, she will be back. Don’t worry. She’s with Dongmin.” Kiseop dismissed him calmly.

“Wait! Why do you worry about her that much? Do you like her?”

 

“YES! ..... Yes, I like her.....”

 

Kiseop was shocked, but he hide it.

“Ah, is that so!? Then you can take care of her from now on.”

 

Kibum punched Kiseop in the face and he felt down.

“Are you crazy or what?!! I like her as a little sister! Did you forget that I’m engaged?!! Ahhh, I don’t know how you became like this. YOU LIKE HER and yet don’t want to admit it! I know it, because you won’t kiss a girl you don’t like, not even drunk!”

           

“Okay, now I don’t know what’s going on anymore. Aish! Kibum hyung, calm down please. I’ll make coffee for you both.” Dongho went to kitchen.

 

Kibum explained to him later on what they were fighting for.

           

“Now I get it. You kissed her last night and just now you said the kiss was not meaningful to you and you did it because you were drunk. Are you crazy or what hyung?!! Today was her birthday. You just ruined everything!!”

 

“I didn’t know she was there. If I knew, I wouldn’t have talked about it. But now, she’d already heard it all. Hope she won’t misunderstand about the kiss.”

 

“Why do I have such a heartless brother?! Aish! You are not worried about her at all?!! It’s already 7pm!!”

 

“I think she got lost on her way back home”, Kibum added.

 

Kiseop grabbed his jacket and went out. He went to Dongmin’s house to check if the little guy was there or not.

 

------------------------------------

 

“Ahhhh, I didn’t realize it’s almost 5pm now. I should go back already. They must have gotten worried.”

Lizzy stood up. She looked around and didn’t remember the way back home.

“Ahh, how am I gonna get back?? Why didn’t I follow Dongmin just now? What am I going to do?!”

 

After a few minute of thinking, she decided to walk to wherever her feet will take her. Almost one hour after, Lizzy still didn’t find the right path. She started to feel scared.  There was a weird noise coming from somewhere. She sprinted towards the opposite direction.

 

“SOMEONE HELP ME !!! “ Without realizing she has sprained her ankle. Tripping over something, she fell down and hit her head on a rock, then fainted.

 

----------------------------

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, aunty.” Kiseop bowed.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo......”

 

Kiseop looked at Dongmin’s mother and got shocked.

 

“Shin-hye’s umma ....”

 

“Kiseop-ah? Ahh, I didn’t know it was you. You became more thin now. How are you?”

 

“I’m fine. Ohh, I just want to ask. Is Dongmin home?”

 

“Yes. Why?”

 

“Can you call him for a bit, please? I need to ask him something.”

 

Dongmin went out.

“Hyung...”

 

Kiseop kneeled down.

“Dongmin-ah, do you know where Lizzy noona went to?”

 

“Oh, we were together at the waterfall in the forest.”

 

“Then where is she now? Did you go back together?”

 

“No. She’s said she wants to stay there a little longer. Why?”

 

“You left her alone in the forest?”

 

“Yes, but she said she knows the way back.”

 

Kiseop stood up.

“Can I borrow your torchlight?”

 

-----------------------

 

“Lizzy-ahhh!! Where are you?” The echo was the only thing getting back to him, no other answer.

 

------------------------

 

One hour later she woke up.

“Ahhh my head.”

 

She could’t stand because of her sprained ankle. At the same time she felt cold, so all that was left to do is keep on screaming for help.

 

--------------------------

 

“Lizzy-ahhh !! Where are you??” Kiseop suddenly felt worried, because she was like a child that didn’t know anything.