Chapter 1

Hope and Chances

Your eyes fluttered open as you felt a soft kiss on your cheek.
"Wake up sleepyhead."
You let out a tiny whine before rolling over. With a long yawn, you stretched and felt your body waking up. Then you opened your eyes and saw your husband smiling down at you.
"Planning on sleeping the morning away?" Yongguk questioned with an amused smile.
"Wasn't planning on it but it sounds like a good idea." you replied as you yawned again.
He chuckled and shook his head. "I made breakfast."
You brightened at that and sat up. "And that is why I married you." you teased and pecked his lips.
"Are you sure get wasn't my irresistible good looks and charm?" he jested with a huge grin.
You scoffed. "Don't flatter yourself." Then you laughed when he frowned at you.
Suddenly he lept at you and your back hit the bed. You let out a surprised yelp and then a shriek when he started tickling you.
"What was that?" he loudly questioned while tickling your sides.
Laughing and screaming at the same time, you attempted to push him away but couldn't budge him. So you resorted to sliding your hand right in to his armpit and tickled him. He let out a strangled cry and jerked his arm back really fast. Then his hand darted for your inner thigh. Another shriek and you twisted away from him in order to escape.
With all the rolling around and trying to tickle each other, you didn't realize you were close to the edge of the bed until you were falling. You landed with a huff on the floor before slowly sitting up.
"Honey!" Yongguk exclaimed as he hurried off the bed. He knelt on the floor next to you, his eyes full of concern. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah." you replied and rubbed the back of your head. It didn't really hurt that badly so you offered him a small smile of reassurance.
"I'm sorry." he pouted and placed his hand on your back, gently rubbing it.
In response, you quickly reached over and tickled him. He yelped and jumped slightly as he looked at you in disbelief. Then he flashed a gummy smile and the two of you laughed loudly.
"I really am okay." you reiterated and playfully pushed his shoulder.
He however was done playing as he cupped your face with his hands and kissed your forehead. "I think I should still make it up to you though." he said before pulling back. "How about I bring you breakfast in bed?"
"Oooo that sounds nice." you cooed. Then you quickly climbed back on to the bed and rolled yourself up in the blanket with only your face peeking out at him.
"You look like a little caterpillar." he teased with a chuckle as he stood up.
"Then I get to emerge as a beautiful butterfly." you replied.
He shook his head. "Nope." he stated with a soft smile. "It's impossible for you to get anymore beautiful."
You felt your face heat up as you blushed and pressed your lips together. He always did have a way at making you do that. Not to mention making your heart race or flutter.
"You're so cute when you blush." he teased and leaned down to kiss your head, making you blush even more which caused him to chuckle. Then he turned and headed out of the bedroom.
You unrolled yourself from the blanket and spread it out. Afterwards you propped up both of your pillows against the headboard before settling against them.
As you waited, the scenes from earlier replayed in your mind. Smiling, you glanced down at your hand and the wedding ring that adorned it.
The two of you had been married for a while now but everything still felt wonderful. As if you had just recently got married instead. That only showed how perfect you were for each.
Still there was something missing and you felt a small sinking feeling your stomach. You quickly shook your head though and banished those thoughts. You didn't want to him to see your stress and ruin how happy he was this morning.
At that moment, Yongguk came back in to the bedroom and smiled brightly. "Glad to see the still-as-beautiful-as-before butterfly has emerged."
You playfully glared at him before rolling your eyes. You took the breakfast tray with two plates on it from him so he could settle next to you on the bed. Then the two of you ate together with you having to protect your food from his thieving hands.

Yongguk left for work after eating and you set about cleaning up the breakfast dishes. Once the house was cleaned to your liking, you made your way down the hallway to do some work yourself.
You passed the first door that was closed and forced yourself to not let your gaze linger on it. Then you passed the second door which lead to your bedroom.
Arriving at the third door, you stepped in to the workroom and went over to your desk. You were lucky enough to have a job with a marketing company that allowed you to work from home. Every now and again, Yongguk would stay at home with you as well. The desk sitting next to yours was covered in his stuff needed for him to produce his music. Of course he had to go in a lot to work with the other staff members and the artists that the songs were for. But it was nice when he was able to stay home and you could watch as he concentrated on his work.
Taking a deep breath, you began concentrating on your own work and the time ticked by.


That night as you were getting ready for bed in the bathroom, you felt a pair of strong arms snake around your waist and saw Yongguk's reflection in the mirror.
"You about ready for bed?" he inquired and kissed your neck.
"Yep." you answered and opened the medicine cabinet.
You put the floss back where it belonged and went to close the door but stopped when Yongguk reached out. He picked up the little calendar and brought it closer.
"And look at what day it is." he said with a bit of mischievous tone in his voice.
You looked at the ovulation calendar and saw that today's date was colored in green. You had the opposite reaction from him though and swallowed.
"You know what that means." he hinted and put the calendar back. Then he had his hands on your hips and was eagerly kissing your neck.
You stood still, feeling a bit numb at his actions. He must have realized your apprehension though and stopped. Then he slowly turned you around to face him.
"What's wrong?" he questioned, his eyes full of worry.
You pressed your lips together before taking a deep breath. "Do you ever... I mean... It's like..."
He stopped you by kissing you softly on your lips. "You can tell me anything." he quietly told you.
"I know." you assured him. "It's just... all of this. Following some strict routine and it just..." You shrugged your shoulders. "Does it ever feel kind of like a chore to you?"
He blinked at you in surprise. Then he lightly chuckled as a smile formed on his face. He put his hands on your cheeks, cupping your face as he leaned in for another kiss. "Of course not." he firmly stated. "How can making love to my beautiful wife be anything less than wonderful?"
"Yongguk." you groaned and tried to stop the smile that was tugging at your lips.
"What? It's the truth." he declared. Then he surprised you by picking you up.
You let out a small cry before laughing. He chuckled as he carried you out of the bathroom and to the bedroom. He set you on the bed and then climbed on to it so he was hovering over you.
He smirked as he lowered himself down, settling between your legs. You found yourself smirking as well before puckering your lips.
He obliged you with a kiss and on your lip a little before pulling back. "Besides, have you ever heard of a guy complaining about guaranteed ?"
You let out an exasperated groan that made him laugh. Then you were glaring at him a bit. "And you expect that comment to help you?"
"No." he cheekily replied. He brushed his lips along your jawline. "But I expect this to." Then he on your neck.
You inhaled sharply and clutched at him. Closing your eyes, you cleared your mind of any doubts you were previously having. You only wanted to think about him and what he was going to do to you.