Four Seasons

One-Shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Winter

 

The weather was cold but inviting. A thin layer of snow covered the street, illuminated by dazzling and colorful lights indicating that christmas is right around the corner.

Two young ladies exited a building with big smiles on their faces. Their IDs dangling from their necks saying ‘Taeyeon’ and ‘Tiffany’.

“I can’t believe they let us off an hour early today.” The girl with the ‘Tiffany’ ID said while clapping. “Not that I’m complaining.” They chuckled.

“We’ve been working overtime for a week. We’ve earned it.” Taeyeon remarked.

They walked together until the corner and then went their own way, not before making plans for christmas.

“Enjoy your evening Taetae, and make sure to bring your girlfriend to my party, I want to meet her.” They shared a hug.

“You too Fany. I’ll ask her but I’m sure she’ll come.”

 

When Taeyeon arrived to her apartment, she noticed something was odd. There was a jacket on the floor that didn’t belong to her or her girlfriend and also an unidentified pair of shoes.

Her heart started racing and her instinct made her go to their bedroom. She walked slowly and quietly. 

Upon arriving at the door, she peeked inside, feeling a deep stab in her heart and her eyes welled up with tears. 

Taeyeon’s girlfriend was asleep in their bed with another woman.

Trying her best to control her anger and not wanting to confront her, she packed a few clothes as fast and silently as she could and left the apartment. Not forgetting to close the door loudly.

As she walked away from the apartment building, she heard her name being called. She recognized her girlfriend’s voice and knew she was being called from the apartment’s balcony.

Taeyeon raised her arm, not bothering to turn around, and flipped her off. That simple action making her feel a little better.

She walked aimlessly around town for hours, trying to figure out what to do and where to go. She figured she could go back to Jeonju and stay with her parents during the holidays, but for that she had to find a train that could take her there.

The delicious smell of freshly cooked noodles filled her nostrils and her stomach growled. She looked around for the origin of it and noticed a small eatery at the end of a short alley.

As she approached the eatery, an old lady greeted her. The lady sat in a flower shop right next to the eatery. Taeyeon greeted her back and entered the establishment.

The first thing she noticed was how cozy the room was. There was a couple of tables, a couch, a counter with a few stools and an open kitchen. The second thing she noticed was you, a girl around her age, wearing a black bandana that tended the counter.

“Good evening, have a seat.” You said with a bright smile.

Taeyeon bowed and entered, taking a seat on the counter. 

“I’ll be with you in a moment.” You told her, exiting the counter to serve two bowls of noodles and two soju bottles to a couple sitting on one of the tables.

Taeyeon scanned the menu written in a chalk board on the wall in front of her. Her phone ringing startled her and she took it out of her purse. She shook her head, silencing the phone and putting it back in her purse. Her mood visible on her face.

“What can I get you?” You handed her a small menu and stood there. A smile never leaving your face.

“I’ll have the same thing they’re having.” Taeyeon told you, signaling to the table you just served with her head.

“Two bowls of noodles coming right up.” You said and her eyes opened wide. “I’m kidding.”

 

Taeyeon searched for the train schedule while she waited for the food, she also texted her coworker and best friend Tiffany to ask her if she could drive her to the train station. Her friend replied right away, asking what happened.

“Here you go, I hope you enjoy it.” You placed the hot bowl in front of her. “And here’s your drink.”

She replied to her best friend quickly and thanked you. Her friend told her to wait for her there and that she’d be there soon.

 

About half an hour later, Taeyeon was only halfway done with her food, she was staring at her phone with tears going down her cheeks.

You had just finished cleaning the tables when you went back to the counter and noticed she was playing with her food and looked upset.

“Is the food that bad?” You asked her, she faced you and smiled sadly.

“No, the food’s great.” She told you. You took out a handkerchief from your pocket and gave it to her. “Thank you.” She took it.

You started washing the dishes, the sink was right under the counter in front of Taeyeon.

“I don’t know what happened but I’m sure that it’ll be okay.” You said while focusing on the dishes. She chuckled sadly.

“It doesn’t seem like it right now.” She said, wiping her tears.

“Do you want to talk about it?” You asked, sensing she wanted to talk. She took a deep breath and let out a sigh.

“My girlfriend cheated on me.” She started crying again. You stayed quiet. “I don’t know how long or if this is the first time.” Her sadness was turning to anger. “I left work early and I found them in our bed. Well, her bed. The apartment is hers.” She sighed again. “I have no idea what I am going to do now.”

“Don’t worry, Taetae. I’ll help you.” You both heard someone say and turned to look at the entrance.

“Fany…” Taeyeon stood up and approached her, hugging her tightly. Tiffany rubbed her back.

Please log in to read the full chapter