Z-Town - Part 2

One-Shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Morning arrived fast, you felt like you had only been sleeping for a minute when you had to get back up and get ready to go out.

You checked your things three times before you exited the basement through the backyard and hid the doors with more foliage. That place was too good to lose.

You hopped on the bike and pedaled to the park first, exploring the bushes after hearing them rustle, only to find a few empty cans of soda and a gun.

You took the gun with you and made your way to city hall and then to the commercial street.

As you ventured further down the road, you noticed a lot of beings entering the store furthest from you, which was the convenience store.

You tried to ignore the ruckus and entered the pharmacy, taking a quick look around for supplies.

A gunshot startled you, making you hide behind the shelves, until you heard a few more and the gun run out of bullets.

You figured someone was in trouble, so you took the chance and ran out, getting your weapons ready.

You approached the swarm of beings and used your skills to get rid of them, starting from the ones outside.

As you fought, the ones inside took an interest in you and exited the store, leaving whoever was inside, alone.

Once you had *dealt* with all of them, you entered the store, closing the door behind you.

“Hello?” You walked slowly. “Is anyone there?”

“Take everything you want.” You heard a female voice coming from a door. You thought it led to the back of the store. “Don’t kill me, please.”

“I’m not going to kill you.” You stepped away from the door. “Are you okay?” Do you need anything?”

Silence.

You sighed and turned to leave.

“I’m hurt.” You heard her say and stopped walking.

“Bite?” You asked, going back to the door.

“No, I think I broke my arm while defending myself. I also have some cuts.” She explained.

“Umm…” You thought for a moment and searched your backpack. “I have bandages and painkillers.” You put away your weapons. “I’ll put them on the counter and then I’ll leave. If you need anything you can find me in the woods. There will be a bike, ring the bell and I’ll come find you.” You told her and walked to the exit.

“Wait!” You turned around and saw her emerge from the door. She looked like she was in really bad shape. “I don’t think I can make it there on my own.” You approached her and stood beside her letting her hold on to you for support.

“Don’t worry, I got you.”

 

 

You both got on your bike and you used all your energy to pedal as fast as you could to your safe house.

When you got there, you helped her get to the basement’s doors.

“Can you stand by yourself?” You asked her and she nodded. You approached the well hidden doors and uncovered them, opening them right after.

Please log in to read the full chapter