Unexpected Help

One-Shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A sudden knock on Sunny’s door got her attention away from the book she was currently reading.

“Come in!” She placed the book on her nightstand just as the door opened. Her best friend Tiffany walked in, plopping on the bed.

“I finally found the right headband for the costume.” Her voice came out muffled by the bed.

“I thought you already had it.” Sunny took her bag and opened it.

“Yeah, but I didn’t like it, so I’ve been searching for a new one all day.” Tiffany stood up, taking the headband from the bag and tried it on in front of the mirror. “What do you think?” She asked with a bright smile, she suddenly felt a shiver go down her spine.

“Looks good.” Sunny frowned standing up. “What is it?”

“I swear your house is haunted, I just felt it in my soul.” Tiffany shook off the feeling.

“It is.” Sunny replied, sitting in front of her vanity desk.

“Right…” Tiffany rolled her eyes.

“I’m not kidding, I heard my parents talking about this house to the neighbors.”

“What happened here?” Tiffany sat on the bed again.

“Apparently, thirty years before we moved here, there was an organ trafficking ring working from the basement of this house. They kidnapped and killed a lot of people to sell their organs. Some of them were kids.” Sunny explained, trying to remember everything she heard.


 

“And you believed that?” Tiffany asked amused.

“I didn’t at first, but something happened a couple of years ago that changed my mind…”.


 


 

Two years ago, I was in my bed sleeping when loud thuds woke me up. I sat up on my bed and saw my dad walk past my room, I figured he was going downstairs to see who it was.

I stood up and approached my bedroom’s door, my dad was asking who they were and what did they want. My mom was standing near the staircase.

The front door broke down, and I heard struggle downstairs.

My mom placed a finger over her lips, signaling me to be quiet, and walked downstairs to help my dad with a tennis racket on her hands.

The struggle turned louder for a few minutes, and then it was silent. I went inside my room and closed the door, I then placed my ear on it.

I heard f

Please log in to read the full chapter