Up or Down

One-Shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The sound of the elevator opening got your attention away from your phone.

You gave a courteous smile and a slight nod to the woman in front of you, and she moved aside, mirroring your gestures.

You entered the elevator and stood on the opposite side after pressing your floor’s button.

The doors closed and your phone got your attention once again.



The lights flickered and you both looked up, feeling a light shake before all the lights turned off and the elevator came to a halt.

“Great.” You said in a sarcastic tone and used your phone as a flashlight.

“I think we should try calling.” She was right next to you now, pointing to one of the buttons on the panel.

You pressed it but it didn’t work. She tried pressing a few but nothing happened.

“I think there’s no power.” You mentioned, trying to call for help with your phone.

“There’s no service either.” She told you, showing you her phone. “I was in the middle of a video call.”

You looked at the elevator doors and then at each other, you both then started hitting the doors and yelling for help.



“We should wait until we know someone’s there to hear us.” She said about twenty minutes later.

She then sat down in the corner and placed her phone facing down, so her flashlight could illuminate the elevator. You stopped banging on the door and leaned your head on it.

“Would you like some water?” She asked. You turned around, she had her arm extended and was offering you a bottle of water.

“Thank you.” You took it and sat down on the other corner.

She got another bottle from a duffel bag you just noticed she had.

“Where you on your way to work?” She asked, trying to start a conversation.

“I was going home, actually.” You said and chuckled. She smi

Please log in to read the full chapter