Stitches - Part 1

One-Shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

You felt someone shake your arm and frowned with your eyes still closed.

“You have to stop reading so much before bed.” You heard your grandma say making you smile.

“It’s a good book.” You said, finally opening your eyes.

“One of these days you’re going to break your glasses, you have to be careful.” She leaned down slowly and picked them up from the floor, handing them to you. You thanked her and put them on.

“Yes, granny.” She shook her head, smiling.

“This kid…”



You stayed in bed for a few more minutes until your grandma came back, making you sit up straight.

“No need to rush today, the street is covered in snow, I don’t think anyone is coming.”

“It’s okay, I’ll clear the entrance and I’ll open the store”

“I’ll make breakfast for us then.”



While you were shoveling the entrance of your grandma’s notion’s shop, you noticed the neighbor trying to open their corner store’s door. You left the shovel on the floor and went to help her, pulling with enough force to pry open the door.

“Thanks dear.” She told you and you bowed.

“No problem, I’ll take care of the snow here when I’m done over there.” You pointed to the shop and she nodded.

Once you were done with both entrances you went to the back of the shop where your grandma had a small kitchen in one corner, a table with four chairs in the middle and a sowing machine with some materials on the other corner of the room.

She had set up the table so you both could have breakfast together.







The bell on top of the door signaled a new presence. Your grandma stood up and went to the shop while you stayed in the back room putting everything away and cleaning the dishes.

“Hi dear, what can I do for you?” Your grandma asked the girl that stood in the middle of the shop. The girl turned around and your grandma squinted her eyes. “I’ve seen you before in my TV.” The girl smiled and bowed.

“I’m part of a girl group, I’m a singer.” The girl said and your grandma nodded.

“You must be really good if you’re on TV.” Your grandma told her. “What’s your name?”

“Kim Taeyeon, nice to meet you.” She bowed once more.

“Sorry, I got a little distracted, what can I do for you?”

Taeyeon approached the counter.

“Do you happen to fix clothes?” She asked, showing your grandma a bag with clothes inside.

“I’m sorry dear, I don’t think I can help you with that.” Taeyeon nodded understanding and put the bag away. “But I’m sure my granddaughter can, you young girls have better hands than me.” Your grandma faced the back door.

“___, come over, please!”

“Yes, granny.” You entered from the back door and the world seemed to stop for Taeyeon.

“___, honey, would you be so kind to help this young lady?”

“Yes, of course.”

“She’s Taeyeon, she’s a famous singer.” She told you and sat on a stool behind the counter.

You approached Taeyeon. You didn’t know who she was because you rarely watch TV.

“Hi, how can I help you?” Taeyeon came back to her senses.

“My dress has a tear and I was wondering if you could fix it.” She said in one breath and you smiled.

“May I see?”

She handed you the dress and you spread it on the counter. She pointed to the tear and you nodded to yourself.

“I think I can sow it.” You told her with a smile that released butterflies in her stomach “It’ll take me a while, you can wait here or you can come b-”

“I’d rather wait here.” Taeyeon cut you off.

“Sounds good to me.” You smiled picking up the dress and went to the back room.

“You can go with her, there are chairs in there where you can sit.” Your grandma told her

Please log in to read the full chapter