Surprise

High School Prince

"Wendy!" I heard somebody call my name behind me. I turned my head swiftly. It was Gregg and I probably just slapped my long hair in his face because his expression was rather surprising.

"Uhm... You left this..." He handed me my blue folder that held all my homework pages.

"Whoops! And uhm, thanks again. Also... sorry for whipping my hair in your face..." I blushed a deep tomato red.

"Haha, no problem!" He shot me a brilliant smile. "Your hair smells good by the way." Now my cheeks felt like they were on fire.

"Gregg!" Michelle was outside of the Council room carrying both his bag and hers, waiting impatiently.

"I gotta go..." he waved good bye at me quickly before dashing to Michelle. I smiled and waved back and continued out the door.

----

"Hey." Someone was leaning against the wall outside the school entrance. It was Jacky with a relaxed smile on his face, a binder in one hand.

"Where's your book bag?" I asked. Didn't he bring a lunch to school or something?

"Don't need it," he replied walking beside me.

"Mike?" I couldn't help asking these questions. It was rare for him to walk me home.

"Has work."

"So... why are you walking me home...?"

"Enough questions," he barked. We were then silent almost the whole way home.

"Uhm, bye." I waved and forced a smile at him once I arrived at the apartment's door.

"Bye," he waved, his face expressionless.

----

I was still breathless as I laid on my bed. My heart pounded against my chest. It felt like it was going to burst open. I wonder if that's a good thing...

I decided to brush my teeth, deciding that now was a good time for bed. My alarm clock read 9:30 PM which was unusually early for me. I normally slept around 11. But with what was on my mind, I wanted to get as much rest as possible.

----

Midway through the night, some noise was bothering me in my sleep. I finally woke up, groggy. The first thing I noticed was a hand knocking on my window. My heart raced. Who was it? My apartment was on the first floor so anyone could've been tapping on our windows at night. I cautiously approached the window to see who it was more clearly.

I jumped when I cleared my blinds. It was Jacky and his eyes looked swollen like he was crying. I opened the window as quickly as possible.

He jumped in with his shoes on and all.

"Jacky what's wrong--" "Off!"

Jacky's arms were around me and we were lying on the bed. I was breathless--again. I listened to Jacky's pounding heart.

"Jacky... the window..."

"Just let me stay like this for a while... And please don't ask any questions."

We stayed like this for what seem like only minutes though it could've been longer than that but who was counting?

"Uhm, I'll go now before you get into trouble," he whispered quietly, already climbing out the window.

"No!" I said a little too loudly and quickly.

I heard footsteps and before you knew it, Jacky was already gone, my window still open, the wind rustling through.

"Wendy? Hello?" My mom opened my door. "Why'd you leave the window open?" She went to the window and closed it immediately, even adding the extra lock I never used.

"Now go to sleep," she ordered. I immediately obeyed, too shocked for words.

Uhm, what did you think?