Ignoring

High School Prince

I arrived on time at school for once this week. I had a student council meeting after school and I didn't tell my mother. I wasn't in the mood.

He told me not to speak to him. I guess that was going to be easy to handle... I hope.

"Please don't bother me," I whimpered as I was standing at my locker. Looking down, I could tell that Lena had arrived.

"Why not?" she teased, swinging my locker door so that she could see my face.

I groaned and grabbed my binders, slamming my locker to go to Science class-- early.

"What's up with you? Why are you ignoring me?" Lena demanded, stopping me before I could enter the classroom.

"I'm not ignoring you, I'm ignoring--"

"Hey darling." His mocking voice appeared behind me. I then stepped aside and rushed down the hallway deciding to stop by my friend Suzanne to chat. She was oblivious to my changed expression and kept talking about her boyfriend. I smiled and nodded and replied as little as possible.

Halfway through Science class, James, a boy sitting beside me passed me a note, pointing to Lena who was staring at me, who was smiling sympathetically.

I opened the note, it read:  are you sure you're not mad at me? :(

I sighed and flipped the paper around, scribbling as quickly as possible: noo, i'm mad at the boy beside you. >:( don't tell him. 

I handed it to James as swiftly and quickly as possible. I thought Mr. Zoh noticed but he just turned back to his textbook, scribbling notes on the whiteboard. 

I tried to catch up, but the note passing wasted most of my time. I asked Mr. Zoh if I could come in at lunch to copy the rest of the notes.

He just said sure and I was positive that he was going to be my favourite teacher here at this school. I smiled brightly at him and amazingly, he smiled back too.

As I rushed out of the classroom to go to my next class, someone stopped me. His hand firmly pressed near my s area.

"ert!" I whispered-shouted.

Jacky smiled teasingly, removing his hand. "As if you have any." I glared at him and walked away to my locker. The second bell hadn't rung yet but I didn't want to make it to class just in time.

"Hey, where are you going?" I heard him holler behind me.

"Class," I said matter-of-factly. I thought he told me not to speak to him. I continued walking toward the classroom. Don't tell me he had this class too? I groaned, noticing his binders and Lena's desk beside an empty one. I walked to a seat near the back and I could hear Jacky mutter something under his breath.

Midway through class-- again, a note made it on my desk. Someone ripped a part of their English booklet that was handed out a moment ago, to write the note. I recognized the messy scrawl on the paper immediately. I was about to rip it up until I noticed what he wrote: please stop ignoring me. :( I could hear my heart pound.

I always failed to meet my goals. I knew that, and somehow, I couldn't pass up a chance like this. Besides, I think I missed his jokes, his laughs, and his teasing. (Even though he still had teased me this morning.)

I smiled as I passed the note back to him and awaited for his expression. After he quickly read it, he flashed me a heart-warming smile that could melt ice cubes, or ice cream.