Council Meeting

High School Prince

I sat down at my lunch table feeling happier than ever.

"Hey Wendy! You look very cheery now, better than before." Lena sat down beside me, her eyes full of wonder.

"Oh really?" I blushed. I was too embarrassed to answer why.

"Why?" Damn.

I lied, "There's a student council meeting after school and I'm excited to see who had joined."

Lena didn't seem convinced but simply replied, "oh. I heard Jacky joined." My eyes flashed up in excitement. I could tell that Lena regretted not joining considering all the sport teams she probably signed up for.

"What did you sign up for?" I questioned, trying to distract her from the previous topic.

"Oh," Lena smiled and  continued, "I joined track for the beginning semester and I had also joined 'Theatre'. I wanted to join the senior's basketball team but I wouldn't get to do Theatre and I really wanted to try taking it for once."

I smiled at her and took a bite of my sushi.

----

It felt like forever until the bell rang. It was the last period and finally, I could go to the student council meeting.

I dashed out from the classroom and tossed my binders onto the shelf. I grabbed my sign-up sheet, my folder, and pencil case and ran down the hallway toward room 12, the Council Room.

"Hello?" I peeked into the door, wondering if I was early. I wasn't. There was a small crowd of people sitting down at the table. I studied the group, there was Michelle Tran, Trevor Wong, Calvin Chung, Tina Nguyen and Gregg Luong. Studying by all the paperwork near Gregg, he was probably the president.

"Hey, welcome Wendy," Gregg answered. "I think everyone's almost here. We're just missing..." he studied the sheet on his clipboard. I could answer before him but decided not to. "... Jacky and Mike." Gregg wrinkled his nose, surprised at the late comers. "Okay then..." His eyebrows raised. "Let's start listing the positions."

Just when we were done the list, Mike and Jacky arrived, both completely breathless.

"Sorry boss," Mike panted. "Forgot we had a meeting today." Gregg just nodded his head and pointed to seats at the table.

"We were just putting up a list of council positions."

Jacky took the seat beside me and my heart pounded immediately. He didn't take notice of me though but it was better than sitting two rows behind him in class.

"Okay, I think we already figured out who the Vice President of the Council is..." Gregg started grinning at Michelle Tran. Well of course. I shook my head. They were in a relationship for so long, I couldn't remember when it started. Michelle yelped a victorious 'yes!'

"Of course, everyone else are secretaries. There are mandatory secretaries and those who come to every meeting." Gregg started looking at Jacky and Mike. He scribbled down their names by 'MANDATORY'. He then listed everyone else's names at the other category.

Both Jacky and Mike looked satisfied until I noticed...

"Uhm, Gregg? I think you forgot my name..." I raised my hand up feebly. Jacky then turned around, a huge smile on his face.

"Hmm? I don't think I did." Gregg pointed to my name. He listed me up as 'EVENT PLANNER'. What? I felt my cheeks turn hot. 

"Uhm, sorry. And thanks..." Gregg winked at me and I thought I could hear Jacky chuckle.